Teen pregnancy rate up after 10-year decline

Very witty Chaz. But speaking of "Chaz", you don't have to be born male. If you have enough money, you can always CHOOSE to be male, and get rid of all those freakish girly parts.

Case in point:

chaz-bono-sex-change.jpg
You think her daddy, a repubican, would support her choice?

Teen pregnancy rate up after 10-year decline - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. teen pregnancy rate rose in 2006 for the first time in more than a decade, reversing a long slide, a U.S. think tank reported on Tuesday.

The overall teen pregnancy rate was up 3 percent in 2006, with a 4 percent rise in the rate of births and a 1 percent rise in the rate of abortions, according to the report by the Guttmacher Institute.

The United States has higher rates of teen pregnancy, birth and abortion than in other Western industrialized countries.

There were 71 pregnancies per 1,000 U.S. girls aged 15-19. In 2006, 7 percent of all teenage girls got pregnant, according to the report.

Fewer black teenage girls got pregnant, closing a gap with Hispanic teens. But rates among both groups were still significantly higher than for white teens, the report said, and rates went up for all ethnic groups.

We do know that when we saw the big decline in the '90s, that a lot of that decline was due to improved contraceptive use among teens."

The abstinence-only programs, backed by many social conservatives who oppose the teaching of contraception methods to teenagers in U.S. schools, received about $1.3 billion in federal funds since the late 1990s.

The Obama administration's 2010 budget eliminated spending for abstinence-only, shifting funds to pregnancy prevention education that include abstinence along with "medically accurate and age-appropriate" information.

New Mexico led the states with the highest teenage pregnancy rate with nine percent, followed by Nevada, Arizona, Texas and Mississippi.

New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Minnesota and North Dakota had the lowest rates of teen pregnancies

$1.3 billion to the abstinence-only programs? What a waste.

But hey, all of this new evidence is definitive proof that the abstinence-only program as a whole fails and contraceptive use by teens works.

Quite interesting which states have the highest and lowest rates though. :eusa_think:

Thoughts USMB?

It's not because of abstinence programs, it's because of the free-falling moral decline (more pregnancies to start with at increasingly younger ages) and the Juno movie, there was an explosion of girls keeping their children to term
:clap2:

Genocide of America and the American way of life by way of abortion was never my plan, was it yours?

I heard on the radio that today's kids are noticing the absence of other kids, realizing why and are a bit angered by it, if it's true the tide is definately turning.

That was the one thing that broke my heart when my first born found me and we talked at length about his childhood. Adoptions are so rare any more that he was the only one and he caught some grief about it. That wrecked me, and I thought, I wonder how many of those kids giving him a hard time about being adopted had aborted siblings. Probably a ton.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. teen pregnancy rate rose in 2006 for the first time in more than a decade, reversing a long slide, a U.S. think tank reported on Tuesday.

The overall teen pregnancy rate was up 3 percent in 2006, with a 4 percent rise in the rate of births and a 1 percent rise in the rate of abortions, according to the report by the Guttmacher Institute.

The United States has higher rates of teen pregnancy, birth and abortion than in other Western industrialized countries.

There were 71 pregnancies per 1,000 U.S. girls aged 15-19. In 2006, 7 percent of all teenage girls got pregnant, according to the report.

Fewer black teenage girls got pregnant, closing a gap with Hispanic teens. But rates among both groups were still significantly higher than for white teens, the report said, and rates went up for all ethnic groups.

We do know that when we saw the big decline in the '90s, that a lot of that decline was due to improved contraceptive use among teens."

The abstinence-only programs, backed by many social conservatives who oppose the teaching of contraception methods to teenagers in U.S. schools, received about $1.3 billion in federal funds since the late 1990s.

The Obama administration's 2010 budget eliminated spending for abstinence-only, shifting funds to pregnancy prevention education that include abstinence along with "medically accurate and age-appropriate" information.

New Mexico led the states with the highest teenage pregnancy rate with nine percent, followed by Nevada, Arizona, Texas and Mississippi.

New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Minnesota and North Dakota had the lowest rates of teen pregnancies

But hey, all of this new evidence is definitive proof that the abstinence-only program as a whole fails and contraceptive use by teens works.

Quite interesting which states have the highest and lowest rates though. :eusa_think:

Thoughts USMB?

The evidence is that sex ed taught without encouraging abstinence is every bit as big a failure as teaching abstinence only.

The evidence is that sex ed taught without encouraging abstinence is every bit as big a failure as teaching abstinence only.

I wonder if its occurred to anyone: Teenagers are Stupid?

This is why throughout most of human history, they have never been allowed in the same ROOM with the opposite sex without adult supervision.

Damn Bush, he's at it again. :evil:
Well, teen pregnancy did increase during Bush's presidency. Abstinence doesn't work now, just as it didn't when you were a teen.

Teen pregnancy nosedived during the Reagan years. It started to escalate again during Clinton, culminating in a higher rate during Bush's years.

So long as you promote sexual activity between unmarried couples and children, and refuse to prosecute those who get children pregnant (or even report them), so long as you promote abortion as a cure-all, you will continue to see teen pregnancy and abortion rates rise. I don't care how many rubbers you throw at the kids. You will also continue to see STDs rise.

Wrong, that one has also failed in the recorded past. Poor Jewish girl in a backwards Roman province as I recall.
The only 100% effective method to prevent one's self from getting pregnant is to be born male.

:lol:

It's not because of abstinence programs, it's because of the free-falling moral decline (more pregnancies to start with at increasingly younger ages) and the Juno movie, there was an explosion of girls keeping their children to term

I'm just going to stop here because Juno didn't come out in 2006. You obviously are not paying attention.

Very witty Chaz. But speaking of "Chaz", you don't have to be born male. If you have enough money, you can always CHOOSE to be male, and get rid of all those freakish girly parts.

Case in point:

chaz-bono-sex-change.jpg
You think her daddy, a repubican, would support her choice?

Yes.

Bono was a California conservative, where bedroom politics hardly exist.

Similar to the Scott Brown conservatism that, if introduced by candidates nation-wide, would utterly dominate Obama liberalism at the polls...

As long as it's not taught as abstinence only and gives all of the option young men and women have, I'm all for it being part of the modern equivalent of "Health Class".

-TSO

Unless they changed it, when I was in high school that is exactly how they taught us, except when you took it part of biology. The best thing that worked for me is the slides they showed in Biology, I will never forget some of those images. And I waited until aftr graduation to have both oral sex and sex.
It is kind of like the new meth ads out right now, don't know if they are just here. They actually have something realistic, like stealing from your parents, or being ditched at the hospital when you have OD'd.

Thoughts USMB?

Genocide of America and the American way of life by way of abortion was never my plan, was it yours?

I heard on the radio that today's kids are noticing the absence of other kids, realizing why and are a bit angered by it, if it's true the tide is definately turning.

That was the one thing that broke my heart when my first born found me and we talked at length about his childhood. Adoptions are so rare any more that he was the only one and he caught some grief about it. That wrecked me, and I thought, I wonder how many of those kids giving him a hard time about being adopted had aborted siblings. Probably a ton.
What are you even talking about?:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
You really don't like women to have rights at all?
You need to stop listening to Ann Coulter.

I thought you kind of women got rid of that kind of women by now. :lol:

Ann and people like JenT seem to want to put Women's rights back to 1820. Why? I have no idea at all. It'd be like an African American saying that they should all go back to being slaves, it boggles the mind.

I wonder if its occurred to anyone: Teenagers are Stupid?

This is why throughout most of human history, they have never been allowed in the same ROOM with the opposite sex without adult supervision.

I don't think they're stupid, just a lot more trusting. And they tend to believe Planned Parenthood (sadly)

I thought you kind of women got rid of that kind of women by now. :lol:

Ann and people like JenT seem to want to put Women's rights back to 1820. Why? I have no idea at all. It'd be like an African American saying that they should all go back to being slaves, it boggles the mind.

There's a big difference between women's rights and the right to murder.

A child is alive at the point of conception, we were all at that stage at one time. Doesn't mean anyone has the right to kill us, not even mom. We had arrived and given the chance, would have been loved if allowed to live.

Forum List

Back