Teen pregnancy rate up after 10-year decline

Why can't anti-choice people be honest? I mean come on. If there wasn't anti choice movement, abortions would be like haircuts? You seriously believe that tripe? it's not an easy decision for anybody ,and there can be health risks involved, so nobody takes it lightly. tHat's just another anti-choice argument

also the "abortion is a business" like PP is pushing for abortions, when they help prevent them by supplying affordable birth control and counseling and education for people that are thinking or are having sex. Plus, its a non-profit organization, so I hardly see how they are in the business of abortion.

Why can't anti-choice people be honest? It doesn't help your cause, and makes many look like nuts. I lived next to a PP and the vile stuff they would yell, disrupting a residential area at early hours of the morning, having unfactual signs, and even anti homosexual stuff. You think anybody is going to change their mind with those tactics?

Instead of focusing on actually helping people and preventing unwanted babies, and try to limit abortion that way, they just demand that it not even be an option, and it helps nobody. Like FoF spending 3 million on a superbowl commercial. Imagine what that money could do to help women keep the baby and have resources to raise them

You don't even know me. Haven't been here before and you assume that I want it not to be an option?

I never said it was like getting a haircut. I said, PP wants it to be that way. I also said that if the pro-life movement was silent about the issue it would eventually become like getting a haircut.

No, it is not an easy decision. Not today and that is because it is a very hot political issue. Make it a non-issue and it will become an easy decision.

Non-profit? Obviously you have never worked for a non-profit business.
Instead of focusing on actually helping people and preventing unwanted babies, and try to limit abortion that way, they just demand that it not even be an option, and it helps nobody. Like FoF spending 3 million on a superbowl commercial. Imagine what that money could do to help women keep the baby and have resources to raise them.

You know, if I didn't usually avoid doing this I would say you are a certifiable idiot. You don't know jack shit about me or my position on sex education and you are completely wrong on my position.

So maybe you should spend time reading some of the threads before you make yourself appear to be more of a jackass.

Immie

No, it is not an easy decision. Not today and that is because it is a very hot political issue. Make it a non-issue and it will become an easy decision.

So maybe you should spend time reading some of the threads before you make yourself appear to be more of a jackass.

Immie
:cuckoo:
Jackass, know thyself.

Planned Parenthood is attempting to make abortion something that is not even thought about. They want to make it something that just happens and no one ever even thinks about it when it does happen.

No. They don't. I can tell you that.

They want it to be like going to get one's haircut. No one ever thinks about going to get a haircut. Walk in, abort the child aka "a clump of cells" and walk out. No harm/no foul. But there is harm.

No. I've never known them to equate it to a haircut. Perhaps you are equating a lack of a judgemental attitude towards the woman with indifference to what is happening.

Planned Parenthood wants society to accept abortions, whether it is 1,500,000/year or 85,000,000/year, as if they are no different than getting a haircut and by your own words:

Ending a potential life within you is never ever that - not to anyone

Planned Parenthood wants to remove the stigma and shame from abortion precisely because that is part of the healing process. But that is not trying to make it no different then getting a haircut.

abortion IS different.

YES!!!! It is!

If the pro-life movement were to simply cave-in and be silent, then abortion would become as acceptable as getting a hair cut. We can't have that. It is important to keep the issue in the front of our minds in order to limit the number of times it happens. Why can't we be silent? Because if we are silent then ending a life within you will become like getting a haircut. It wouldn't happen over night, but eventually, that life within you would not mean anything at all. Not to you and not to society.

I agree. No one is asking you to be silent. And that life should never mean nothing more than a haircut. But you are wrong in thinking that those who are pro-choice see it that way or that planned parenthood sees it that way.

I believe most pro-choicers want abortions to be as rare as I do, but silence on this issue would allow it to become commonplace and that would be a tragedy.

What silence? Many pro-choicers want abortions to be rare, but in the end the choices have to be left in the hands of the individual woman because we aren't in her shoes. That is where, I think PP's perspective is and removing the stigma of shame from it allows her the freedom to think through ALL options carefully.

And I don't have to have been a client of Planned Parenthood. I have read their own literature and their own website. In their own words they speak of making it "okay" to have an abortion. When it becomes "okay" to have an abortion we as a people will have become insensitive and uncaring. Life won't matter anymore. Not for anyone.

Immie

I went to their website and looked under "abortion" and here is what I read:

If you are trying to decide if abortion is the right choice for you, you probably have many things to think about. Learning the facts about abortion may help you in making your decision. You may also want to learn more about parenting and adoption.

Only you can decide what is best for you. But we are here to help. A staff member at your local Planned Parenthood health center can discuss abortion and all of your options with you and help you find the services you need.​

Last edited:

Immie
Jackass, know thyself.

I see you are still pissed about getting your ass kicked in the repeal of smoking ban thread. Oh well, you will get over it.

Immie

If you are trying to decide if abortion is the right choice for you, you probably have many things to think about. Learning the facts about abortion may help you in making your decision. You may also want to learn more about parenting and adoption.

Only you can decide what is best for you. But we are here to help. A staff member at your local Planned Parenthood health center can discuss abortion and all of your options with you and help you find the services you need.

Nothing like the facts to refute an argument based on fantasy.

Immie
Jackass, know thyself.

I see you are still pissed about getting your ass kicked in the repeal of smoking ban thread. Oh well, you will get over it.

Immie
:lol:

Planned Parenthood is attempting to make abortion something that is not even thought about. They want to make it something that just happens and no one ever even thinks about it when it does happen.

No. They don't. I can tell you that.

They want it to be like going to get one's haircut. No one ever thinks about going to get a haircut. Walk in, abort the child aka "a clump of cells" and walk out. No harm/no foul. But there is harm.

No. I've never known them to equate it to a haircut. Perhaps you are equating a lack of a judgemental attitude towards the woman with indifference to what is happening.

Planned Parenthood wants to remove the stigma and shame from abortion precisely because that is part of the healing process. But that is not trying to make it no different then getting a haircut.

YES!!!! It is!

I agree. No one is asking you to be silent. And that life should never mean nothing more than a haircut. But you are wrong in thinking that those who are pro-choice see it that way or that planned parenthood sees it that way.

I believe most pro-choicers want abortions to be as rare as I do, but silence on this issue would allow it to become commonplace and that would be a tragedy.

What silence? Many pro-choicers want abortions to be rare, but in the end the choices have to be left in the hands of the individual woman because we aren't in her shoes. That is where, I think PP's perspective is and removing the stigma of shame from it allows her the freedom to think through ALL options carefully.

And I don't have to have been a client of Planned Parenthood. I have read their own literature and their own website. In their own words they speak of making it "okay" to have an abortion. When it becomes "okay" to have an abortion we as a people will have become insensitive and uncaring. Life won't matter anymore. Not for anyone.

Immie

Only you can decide what is best for you. But we are here to help. A staff member at your local Planned Parenthood health center can discuss abortion and all of your options with you and help you find the services you need.​

I didn't say they equated it to getting a haircut. I said that they want to make it like getting a haircut

Yes, they are asking us to be silent. They want us to go away and leave them to their "choice". No, it should never be nothing more than getting a haircut. That is why this issue needs to be kept in the forefront of the political climate because when it becomes a non-issue, it becomes nothing more than getting a haircut.

You have not been reading the thread, because I have stated several times in this very thread that pro-choice people are more concerned with governmental intervention than they are with abortion, but Planned Parenthood is a business and they profit from abortion. They lobby for abortion. They lobby for abortion, not against governmental intervention, but for abortion and that is where the difference lies.

Immie

Last edited:
Why can't anti-choice people be honest? I mean come on. If there wasn't anti choice movement, abortions would be like haircuts? You seriously believe that tripe? it's not an easy decision for anybody ,and there can be health risks involved, so nobody takes it lightly. tHat's just another anti-choice argument

also the "abortion is a business" like PP is pushing for abortions, when they help prevent them by supplying affordable birth control and counseling and education for people that are thinking or are having sex. Plus, its a non-profit organization, so I hardly see how they are in the business of abortion.

Why can't anti-choice people be honest? It doesn't help your cause, and makes many look like nuts. I lived next to a PP and the vile stuff they would yell, disrupting a residential area at early hours of the morning, having unfactual signs, and even anti homosexual stuff. You think anybody is going to change their mind with those tactics?

Instead of focusing on actually helping people and preventing unwanted babies, and try to limit abortion that way, they just demand that it not even be an option, and it helps nobody. Like FoF spending 3 million on a superbowl commercial. Imagine what that money could do to help women keep the baby and have resources to raise them

You don't even know me. Haven't been here before and you assume that I want it not to be an option?

I never said it was like getting a haircut. I said, PP wants it to be that way. I also said that if the pro-life movement was silent about the issue it would eventually become like getting a haircut.

Instead of focusing on actually helping people and preventing unwanted babies, and try to limit abortion that way, they just demand that it not even be an option, and it helps nobody. Like FoF spending 3 million on a superbowl commercial. Imagine what that money could do to help women keep the baby and have resources to raise them.

You know, if I didn't usually avoid doing this I would say you are a certifiable idiot. You don't know jack shit about me or my position on sex education and you are completely wrong on my position.

Immie

I'm sorry, did I quote you? Why the hell would you think I was talking specifically about you? and I'm the idiot? I think you are the one making an ass out of yourself.

I only addressed one point of yours, and its a complete and utter bs. If PP wanted abortion to be like haircuts, why would they offer birth control and sex ed counseling?

must be nice thinking you can make up whatever you want and its true

Immie
Jackass, know thyself.

why does every forum have to be filled with people like Immanuel? Don't read people's responses, don't address anything they said, make stuff up, call people names that fit them. Unreal

Immie

I'm sorry, did I quote you? Why the hell would you think I was talking specifically about you? and I'm the idiot? I think you are the one making an ass out of yourself.

I only addressed one point of yours, and its a complete and utter bs. If PP wanted abortion to be like haircuts, why would they offer birth control and sex ed counseling?

Why would they offer birth control and sex ed?

Hmmm, let's see, maybe for the same reason strip joints offer booze? Or is it bars offer naked ladies?

Whatever it takes to draw in the customers.

Promoting free and uninhibited sex leads to the need for abortions.

It kind of promotes the business... easy enough for you?

Immie

Immie

Hmmm, let's see, maybe for the same reason strip joints offer booze? Or is it bars offer naked ladies?

Immie

It's a non profit organization. and that has got to be the dumbest argument I've ever heard. :lol:

anyway, I can clearly see you don't care about facts and reality, just your own little warped view of it.

That is funny.

I have never asked to have Planned Parenthood shut down.

I don't want them shut down. They provide services that are needed, but they are also the ones who are in the forefront of making abortion commonplace not to mention as acceptable as eating out at a diner.
Immie

Umh...no Immie. I don't think you've been there have you? I've never known one to make abortion as "acceptable as eating out at a diner". Ending a potential life within you is never ever that - not to anyone. What planned parenthood does is it gives the woman the information she needs to make the best choice for HER - without condemnation, coercion or judgement. Every situation is unique.
Immie is the expert on PP. He will never be convinced otherwise. He's in control you know.

Love your new avatar, btw!

Thanks :) The avatar was a wonderful and unexpected surprise from JenT - she animated it! I admit - I'm so hooked on it, it might be long term :tongue:

Immie's not so bad - but abortion brings out strong and visceral emotions.

From the Pro-Lifers side: it's not about controling a woman's body, it's about human lives.
From the Pro-Choicers: it's not getting a haircut, it's making one of the most difficult personal decisions about YOUR life that you will likely ever have to make.

[ Perhaps you are equating a lack of a judgemental attitude towards the woman with indifference to what is happening.

Bingo! It's inconceiveable to some that withholding judgement would be the decent and fair thing to do.

The women must be punished somehow.

Immie

It's a non profit organization. and that has got to be the dumbest argument I've ever heard. :lol:

anyway, I can clearly see you don't care about facts and reality, just your own little warped view of it.

Obviously, you don't know jack shit about non-profit organizations.

Immie

[ Perhaps you are equating a lack of a judgemental attitude towards the woman with indifference to what is happening.

Bingo! It's inconceiveable to some that withholding judgement would be the decent and fair thing to do.

The women must be punished somehow.

Right there you go again, putting words in my mouth.

Just can't get over getting your ass kicked, can you?

Immie

You have not been reading the thread, because I have stated several times in this very thread that pro-choice people are more concerned with governmental intervention than they are with abortion, but Planned Parenthood is a business and they profit from abortion. They lobby for abortion. They lobby for abortion, not against governmental intervention, but for abortion and that is where the difference lies.

Immie

Present some evidence of this. Other than your own unsubstantiated opinion.

Immie
Jackass, know thyself.

why does every forum have to be filled with people like Immanuel? Don't read people's responses, don't address anything they said, make stuff up, call people names that fit them. Unreal
What can I say? Needy people, I guess.

Immie
Jackass, know thyself.

Um, excuse me, but you attacked me first.

And by the way, that was two of my arguments (see your post #248) not one in case you need help counting.

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back