Ted Nugent proves a shotgun is deadlier than an AR-15

I didn't say it would happen, I said I think it could happen.

Have you not been watching and listening to the news? This is exactly what so many people are screaming about because of the Parkland shooting. According to an MSN poll, 70% of Americans want stricter gun laws and 67% want a full ban on semi-autos ("assault weapons" in the article).

Tell me again where 67% want full ban on all semi-autos.

MSN poll: 70% of Americans want stricter assault weapon laws — more than ever before

By the way, stop trying to make me out as one of your "gun nuts". You don't know me well enough for that. I'm not a member of the NRA and I don't even own a semi-auto and I probably never will. For me, it's not that I might not be able to own a semi-auto one day that concerns me, it's the principle of punishing the many for the sins of a few. It's the principle that you should be judged as an amoral monster who cares not that kids are getting killed just because you say that guns are not the problem. And, it's the principle that you are judged as a gun nut *wink wink* just because you point out that a lot of people want to ban a certain type of firearm.

So why did you lie about 67% wanting a full ban on all semi-auto guns? That is nowhere in that link. Why are almost all gun nut posts nothing but lies?

Jesus Christ are you blind? It says right near the top of the article:

"The nationwide average of 70% is even higher than the 67% that want to ban assault weapons and the 66% that wanted tougher gun laws in general in a recent Quinnipiac University poll."

A semi-auto, and an assault weapon aren't necessarily the same thing dumb ass.

That's true. But since so many dumbass gun control advocates don't know the difference between the two and insist on referring to semi-autos as "assault weapons", I can only conclude that the dumbasses are talking about semi-autos. It has been a source of frustration for gun control opponents for some time because even when the difference is explained to the dumbasses, the dumbasses insist on referring to semi-autos as assault weapons. Also, semi-autos have been used in most mass shootings so of course it makes sense that this is the type the dumbasses are going to go after.

In this video, where Chris Mathews of MSNBCs Hard Ball is talking about this same Quinnipiac University poll, while referring to the 67% figure, he specifically says: "...with the nation's support of a nationwide ban on the sale of semi-automatic assault weapons..."

This CNN poll found that "57%...back a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of rifles capable of semi-automatic fire, such as the AR-15..."

Have you not been watching and listening to the news? This is exactly what so many people are screaming about because of the Parkland shooting. According to an MSN poll, 70% of Americans want stricter gun laws and 67% want a full ban on semi-autos ("assault weapons" in the article).

MSN poll: 70% of Americans want stricter assault weapon laws — more than ever before

By the way, stop trying to make me out as one of your "gun nuts". You don't know me well enough for that. I'm not a member of the NRA and I don't even own a semi-auto and I probably never will. For me, it's not that I might not be able to own a semi-auto one day that concerns me, it's the principle of punishing the many for the sins of a few. It's the principle that you should be judged as an amoral monster who cares not that kids are getting killed just because you say that guns are not the problem. And, it's the principle that you are judged as a gun nut *wink wink* just because you point out that a lot of people want to ban a certain type of firearm.

So why did you lie about 67% wanting a full ban on all semi-auto guns? That is nowhere in that link. Why are almost all gun nut posts nothing but lies?

Is this true?

House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. Additionally, the legislation bans the sale, transfer, production, and importation of semi-automatic shotguns with features such as a pistol grip or detachable stock, and ammunition feeding devices that can hold more than 10 rounds.

Mark

Of course it is true, however it would only ban specific types of semi-autos. Not all of them as was claimed by your fellow gun nut.

This "gun nut" never claimed or said anything about this bill other than to confirm that a bill had been introduced.

"The nationwide average of 70% is even higher than the 67% that want to ban assault weapons and the 66% that wanted tougher gun laws in general in a recent Quinnipiac University poll."

That's true. But since so many dumbass gun control advocates don't know the difference between the two and insist on referring to semi-autos as "assault weapons", I can only conclude that the dumbasses are talking about semi-autos. It has been a source of frustration for gun control opponents for some time because even when the difference is explained to the dumbasses, the dumbasses insist on referring to semi-autos as assault weapons. Also, semi-autos have been used in most mass shootings so of course it makes sense that this is the type the dumbasses are going to go after.

In this video, where Chris Mathews of MSNBCs Hard Ball is talking about this same Quinnipiac University poll, while referring to the 67% figure, he specifically says: "...with the nation's support of a nationwide ban on the sale of semi-automatic assault weapons..."

This CNN poll found that "57%...back a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of rifles capable of semi-automatic fire, such as the AR-15..."

The NRA is accusing their opposition of that, just like they claim there is a credible effort to take everybody's guns. They are lying, as usual.

Is this true?

The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. Additionally, the legislation bans the sale, transfer, production, and importation of semi-automatic shotguns with features such as a pistol grip or detachable stock, and ammunition feeding devices that can hold more than 10 rounds.

Mark

Of course it is true, however it would only ban specific types of semi-autos. Not all of them as was claimed by your fellow gun nut.

Specific? Wow. Tell me, how many semi autos do you know of that don't have detachable magazines?

Mark

Is this true?

Mark

It appears to be. I did a Google search and the story came up on four or five different news sites on the first page, including AP, and the congressman's own web page..

So then Bulldog is wrong. They DO want to do away with semi automatic weapons.

Mark

Again, dumb ass. Not all semi-autos. Just specific types. You aren't getting this? With your reasoning ability, a statement like "it's against the law to sell poison candy" would be the same as "It's against the law to sell candy"

OK, I'll bite, can you show me EVEN ONE semi automatic pistol that does not have a detachable magazine?

Do you know anything at all about guns?

Mark

The NRA is accusing their opposition of that, just like they claim there is a credible effort to take everybody's guns. They are lying, as usual.

You are either trolling or just plain stupid. What the NRA says or doesn't say is irrelevant where the poll is concerned. The poll numbers come from asking people on the street, not the NRA. The 67% calling for a ban on assault weapons are the ones calling semi-autos "assault weapons".

Also, the very wording of the bill lists "semiautomatic" and "assault weapon" as one and the same. As in:

" (36) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted"

It goes on to define "semiautomatic assault weapon" as:

“(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

“(i) A pistol grip.

“(ii) A forward grip.

“(iii) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.

“(iv) A grenade launcher or rocket launcher.

“(v) A barrel shroud.

“(vi) A threaded barrel.

“(B) A semiautomatic rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, except for an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire

I suspect you've looked at this bill yourself but here is the link showing the full text of the bill so you can see for yourself.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back