Votes: 14 46.7%
  • no

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • to be decided

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ted Cruz is constitutionally eligible to be a U.S. Senator but he is definitely not constitutionally eligible to be President and Commander in Chief of our military.

He's either natural born....or naturalized. And being a citizen at birth, he wasn't naturalized. Leaving natural born as the only possible option. There are only the two types of citizenship we recognize in our law today. If you're not one, you're the other.

There is a technical difference in that if you are born overseas then there is a process the parents need to follow to get your citizenship. But that process is simple and automatic. But technically you are naturalized shortly after you were born.

However, that is not a process the founding fathers created. I can't imagine they possibly meant that a baby of a diplomat born in say France was not qualified to be President.

You realize too the Democrats started this whole idiotic birther thing with McCain, who was born on a freaking military base. A place the liberals also argue is the USA and therefore people get constitutional rights. Liberals follow multiple levels of double standards often on the same issue.

I've never argued that McCain wasn't a natural born citizen. So I have no idea what 'double standard' you're referring to. The only even remotely plausible candidate in the last 10 years that would be 100% ineligible....would be Schwartzenhegger.

You've been consistent, you are saying Obama and Cruz are natural born. I don't doubt you didn't personally question McCain. But seriously, you don't remember the left bringing up McCain and that maybe he's not qualified to be President? I find that hard to believe unless you're under 15. It was a big thing at one point, of course after McCain had clinched the nomination...
Here's a helping hand
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/11/us/politics/11mccain.html?_r=0

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
The point is that all rational, reasonable doubts of Obama's eligibility to president were resolved in 2008 with the release of Obama's COLB.

And birthers, hapless idiots that they are, ignored it. Even after the State of Hawaii itself affirmed that Obama's original records were on file, that he was born in Hawaii, that he was a natural born citizen of the United States......birthers still ignored it.

You can't fix stupid. But you can point and laugh at them. Which I frequently do.
They refused to release the records.

The COLB is an official birth certificate. Its the records you claim were never released. Its prima facie evidence in any court of law. Its sufficient to get a pass port. It alone resolves all legal questions of Obama's eligibility.

And it was released in 2008.

Idiot birthers simply ignored it. And?
You simply ignore the facts that Obama has never released any of his records. Even the birth certificate is not the original and the the state simply tells us "trust us, it's the same."
If anything is clear about this administrration, they cannot be trusted.

President Obama has released more 'records' than any previous President.

No one EVER releases their original birth certificate- the legal original is always kept on file in whatever jurisdiction applies. All anyone EVER releases is an original certified copy.

What President Obama did- which was completely unprecedented was:
a) in 2008 posted a copy of his official birth certificate online.
b) Only one news agency ever asked to see the original- and they got to see it.
c) The State of Hawaii confirmed that was the valid BC
Not good enough for Birthers of course.
so
d) In 2011, the President requests that Hawaii treat him special and issue two original certified photocopies of his original birth certificate.
e) These original certified photocopies- raised seal and all- were shown to reporters- one reporter even took a picture of the one she handled.
f) The State of Hawaii because they knew they were dealing with Birther idiots then specifically released a press certificate stating that a) yes they did give the certified copy to the President, and b) yes they did look at the original and c) yes he was born in Hawaii and d) yes the 2008 BC was legitimate also.

But Birthers keep on birthin. They are idiots.

And in the case of Stevie- he is both a racist and a birther- that is no coincidence.

If a Republican had done that, you'd be saying why not release documents if you have nothing to hide! By the time they did release them by Obama's timeline you'd be calling it irrelevant because the delays speak for themselves. You know, like you do every time you want a document from a Republican. But Biden being a plagiarist, Obama's birth certificate, Kerry and Obama's grads, it's no thang cover that bad boy up.

I agree with your view there is no debate here, Obama is a legitimately elected President. But your hypocrisy still reeks.

My 'hypocrisy'?

Please show me concrete examples of my hypocrisy- because I would like to see that.

Romney didn't release his birth certificate- I didn't care.
Romney didn't release his college records- I didn't care.

But go ahead- feel free to show my hypocrisy.

Oh- check out what I have said about Ted Cruz from the beginning- I am fairly sure he is a Republican- what have I demanded that he release?

But go ahead- feel free to show my hypocrisy.

I look forward to it.

In any case, this is all MOOT, because since we elected a kenyan with a British father, that has never veritably proven he was born in America, and then top that off by him sealing his life's history including immigration and student visas by EO, Cruz could be born on the MOON and it wouldn't matter.

Precedent has been set.

Precedent only that there are some really stupid Americans like yourself who believe all that crap.

Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 says a “natural born Citizen” is eligible to be President. It does not say a “citizen” who is not a “naturalized citizen” is eligible. In other words, one has to meet the definition of a “natural born Citizen.” You do not get there by simply showing that one is a “citizen” which status was not acquired by naturalization after birth, for that is not the definition of the clause. Again, the definition of a “natural born Citizen” is a child born in a country to parents who were its “citizens” at the time of the child’s birth. The is the only definition of the clause and it is that definition which must be satisfied, not some other definition under the Fourteenth Amendment or Congressional Act used to acquire the status of a “citizen of the United States” at birth (what you call a non-naturalized citizen).

Cruz was a citizen at birth. And thus, natural born.
False!

Since Ted Cruz was not born in the country (he was born in Canada) and he was not born to “citizen” parents (his father was not a U.S. citizen at the time of his son's birth), he is not and cannot be a “natural born Citizen.” Under an Act of Congress (8 U.S.C. Sec. 1401g, he is a "citizen of the United States" at birth. This means for him that he is eligible to be a Senator, who at a minimum only has to be a “citizen of the United States” for nine years, but not eligible to be President, who must be a “natural born Citizen.”

Ted Cruz is constitutionally eligible to be a U.S. Senator but he is definitely not constitutionally eligible to be President and Commander in Chief of our military.

He's either natural born....or naturalized. And being a citizen at birth, he wasn't naturalized. Leaving natural born as the only possible option. There are only the two types of citizenship we recognize in our law today. If you're not one, you're the other.

There is a technical difference in that if you are born overseas then there is a process the parents need to follow to get your citizenship. But that process is simple and automatic. But technically you are naturalized shortly after you were born.

However, that is not a process the founding fathers created. I can't imagine they possibly meant that a baby of a diplomat born in say France was not qualified to be President.

You realize too the Democrats started this whole idiotic birther thing with McCain, who was born on a freaking military base. A place the liberals also argue is the USA and therefore people get constitutional rights. Liberals follow multiple levels of double standards often on the same issue.

I've never argued that McCain wasn't a natural born citizen. So I have no idea what 'double standard' you're referring to. The only even remotely plausible candidate in the last 10 years that would be 100% ineligible....would be Schwartzenhegger.

You've been consistent, you are saying Obama and Cruz are natural born. I don't doubt you didn't personally question McCain. But seriously, you don't remember the left bringing up McCain and that maybe he's not qualified to be President? I find that hard to believe unless you're under 15. It was a big thing at one point, of course after McCain had clinched the nomination...

Actually there were persons on both the left and the right which had legal doubts as to McCain's eligibility- since he was not born in the United States.

But I never did. I never doubted that John McCain was eligible and under the right circumstances I would have voted for him(him versus John Kerry? Absolutely).

Here is how Ted Cruz acquires conflicting allegiances and citizenships from the moment of birth:

Jus sanguinis: he was born to a Cuban father. He was therefore born a citizen of and in allegiance to Cuba.

Jus sanguinis: he was born to a U.S. citizen mother. He was therefore born a “citizen of the United States” at birth and in allegiance to our nation. Remember that the Constitution requires that future Presidents be “natural born Citizens,” not just “citizens of the United States.”

Jus soli: he was born in Canada. He was therefore born a citizen of and in allegiance to Canada.

So, three different nations (The United States, Canada, and Cuba) can lay claim to Ted Cruz’s citizenship and allegiance. This means that he was not born within the full and complete political, military, and legal allegiance to the United States. With such birth circumstances, he is a “citizen of the United States” under the Fourteenth Amendment, but he is not an Article II “natural born Citizen.” Since Ted Cruz was born after the adoption of the Constitution and he is not a “natural born Citizen,” he is not eligible to be President.

Cruz was a citizen at birth and is thus natural born. Just like Obama.

Really? Where is the hard copy, veritably not forged, has been seen by the public, record of Barry being born in America?

The original hard copy is on file in Hawaii
http://health.hawaii.gov/vitalrecords/files/2013/05/News_Release_Birth_Certificate_042711.pdf

HAWAI‘I HEALTH DEPARTMENT GRANTS PRESIDENT OBAMA’S REQUEST FOR CERTIFIED COPIES OF ‘LONG FORM’ BIRTH CERTIFICATE HONOLULU – The Hawai„i State Health Department recently complied with a request by President Barack Obama for certified copies of his original Certificate of Live Birth, which is sometimes referred to in the media as a “long form” birth certificate. “We hope that issuing certified copies of the original Certificate of Live Birth to President Obama will end the numerous inquiries related to his birth in Hawai„i,” Hawai„i Health Director Loretta Fuddy said. “I have seen the original records filed at the Department of Health and attest to the authenticity of the certified copies the department provided to the President that further prove the fact that he was born in Hawai„i.” On April 22, 2011, President Obama sent a letter to Director Fuddy, requesting two certified copies of his original Certificate of Live Birth. Also on that day, Judith Corley, the President‟s personal attorney, made the same request in writing on behalf of the President. (Letters from President Obama and Ms. Corley are attached). On April 25, 2011, pursuant to President Obama‟s request, Director Fuddy personally witnessed the copying of the original Certificate of Live Birth and attested to the authenticity of the two copies. Dr. Alvin Onaka, the State Registrar, certified the copies.

"of course the real story here is the obots and the press, and the fun we will have watching them back peddle"

Wrong again, as usual.

Not only do democrats believe Cruz is a natural born citizen and eligible to be president, but they'd love nothing more than for Cruz to indeed be the GOP nominee.

Ted Cruz is a lousy, good for nothing, maple leaf sucking, poutine eating, Cuban cigar smoking - canadian.

He is a fucking canadian. He has canadian roots that run too deep. He was raised in canada. He didn't denounce his canadian citizenship until late last year. Fucking canadian...it shouldn't even be a concern for the teapers... A canadian!

A Manchurian candidate???

A lousy canadian...WTF is the matter with the teapers to even consider this jackass Cuban-canadian- American

"of course the real story here is the obots and the press, and the fun we will have watching them back peddle"

Wrong again, as usual.

Not only do democrats believe Cruz is a natural born citizen and eligible to be president, but they'd love nothing more than for Cruz to indeed be the GOP nominee.
so helpful, to the other side... like 08 that makes me a skeptic.

Really? Where is the hard copy, veritably not forged, has been seen by the public, record of Barry being born in America?

http://health.hawaii.gov/vitalrecords/files/2013/05/News_Release_Birth_Certificate_042711.pdf

HAWAI‘I HEALTH DEPARTMENT GRANTS PRESIDENT OBAMA’S REQUEST FOR CERTIFIED COPIES OF ‘LONG FORM’ BIRTH CERTIFICATE HONOLULU – The Hawai„i State Health Department recently complied with a request by President Barack Obama for certified copies of his original Certificate of Live Birth, which is sometimes referred to in the media as a “long form” birth certificate. “We hope that issuing certified copies of the original Certificate of Live Birth to President Obama will end the numerous inquiries related to his birth in Hawai„i,” Hawai„i Health Director Loretta Fuddy said. “I have seen the original records filed at the Department of Health and attest to the authenticity of the certified copies the department provided to the President that further prove the fact that he was born in Hawai„i.” On April 22, 2011, President Obama sent a letter to Director Fuddy, requesting two certified copies of his original Certificate of Live Birth. Also on that day, Judith Corley, the President‟s personal attorney, made the same request in writing on behalf of the President. (Letters from President Obama and Ms. Corley are attached). On April 25, 2011, pursuant to President Obama‟s request, Director Fuddy personally witnessed the copying of the original Certificate of Live Birth and attested to the authenticity of the two copies. Dr. Alvin Onaka, the State Registrar, certified the copies.
Let's see the original 1961 document as well as the microfilm. What was released on April 27, 2011 was confirmed to be a 100% forgery by the Maricopa County Sheriffs Office CCP investigation authorized by Sheriff Joseph Arpaio.

Ted Cruz is a lousy, good for nothing, maple leaf sucking, poutine eating, Cuban cigar smoking - canadian.

He is a fucking canadian. He has canadian roots that run too deep. He was raised in canada. He didn't denounce his canadian citizenship until late last year. Fucking canadian...it shouldn't even be a concern for the teapers... A canadian!

A lousy canadian...WTF is the matter with the teapers to even consider this jackass Cuban-canadian.
have another molson a... ??

A lousy canadian...WTF is the matter with the teapers to even consider this jackass Cuban-canadian- American
We haven't seen any documents confirming Cruz denounced his Canadian/Cuban citizenship.

Ted Cruz is constitutionally eligible to be a U.S. Senator but he is definitely not constitutionally eligible to be President and Commander in Chief of our military. Cruz was born a dual citizen due to his birth in Canada and thus has foreign influence on him by birth and thus can never be considered a natural born Citizen of the USA with sole allegiance to the USA at birth. A dual citizen at birth under ‘Natural Law“, the basis law used to justify the colonies breaking away from Great Britain and to write our founding documents including the U.S. Constitution, is not a natural born Citizen of any country, let alone the USA.

I look forward to you being the spokesman for the crazy Birther opposition to Cruz......

Here is how Ted Cruz acquires conflicting allegiances and citizenships from the moment of birth:

Jus sanguinis: he was born to a Cuban father. He was therefore born a citizen of and in allegiance to Cuba.

Jus sanguinis: he was born to a U.S. citizen mother. He was therefore born a “citizen of the United States” at birth and in allegiance to our nation. Remember that the Constitution requires that future Presidents be “natural born Citizens,” not just “citizens of the United States.”

Jus soli: he was born in Canada. He was therefore born a citizen of and in allegiance to Canada.

So, three different nations (The United States, Canada, and Cuba) can lay claim to Ted Cruz’s citizenship and allegiance. This means that he was not born within the full and complete political, military, and legal allegiance to the United States. With such birth circumstances, he is a “citizen of the United States” under the Fourteenth Amendment, but he is not an Article II “natural born Citizen.” Since Ted Cruz was born after the adoption of the Constitution and he is not a “natural born Citizen,” he is not eligible to be President.

Cute fantasy.

i was a birther when it wasn't pop[ular. the obots (some not all), tried right off to taint the argument only based on ethnicity. as if i, as a conservative couldn't be happy or proud to see a person of color or different religion, in any of the four branches of government.

Oh, if our president had been Barry O'Bama whose dad was from Dublin....there wouldn't be a birther conspiracy.

That being said, the foolishness of the Birther conspiracy was based overwhelmingly in its desperate, willful ignorance of overwhelming contrary evidence. And its exclusive dependance on imagination and conjecture as its basis. Making it doubly irrational.

And so much more fun to take apart. As you don't feel the need to restrain your presentation as you might when dealing with principled but contrary opinions.
No the conspiracy is based on the lack of information by the Obama campaign. Virtually every record of his past is missing or unavailable. In that environment conspiracy theories grow. Had he been open and direct there would be no, or little, speculation.
There was never a lack of information. Obama released a copy of his birth record in 2008.
Hawaii has never acknowledged the release of the 2007 COLB in 2008.
You are out of your mind. Comes with the territory of being a Birfer...

"There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama’s official birth certificate. State law (Hawai‘i Revised Statutes §338-18) prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record. Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures. No state official, including Governor Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawai‘i." ~ Chiyome Fukino, October 2008

"I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawaii State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen. I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago...." ~ Chiyome Fukino, July 2009

i thought... what if another candidate from hawaii in august of '61 with say... the name the name obarrawitz, needed to see/get their bc... could they ??

would they need a "special waiver" ?? LOL

We haven't seen any documents confirming Cruz denounced his Canadian/Cuban citizenship.
You're right. I haven't seen anything about it either. Maybe someone will do a Google search for themselves...because it doesn't matter...Ted Cruz is a fucking canadian...Americans should never consider someone from fucking canada to be the leader of the free world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back