Ted Cruz Is Not Eligible To Be President

Obama had to show that he was born on US soil which is why he specifically forged a 'long form' to show that he was born in Hawaii. Ted Cruz is a nice guy but he was born in Canada so he actually has less qualification for being natural born than Obama (assuming Obama is telling the truth about his hawaii birith).

The more I research this, the more I am starting to think that Trump might have a point and that the issue is not "settled" in Cruz's favor, contrary to what I thought until just a couple days ago when I spent a few hours reading up on this matter. The Constitution Society has a long, exhaustive article on this that seems to show that Cruz is not eligible under a rigid reading of the Constitution and English common law, Blackstone, Tucker, etc.:

Presidential Eligibility

However, I think one can also make a strong argument that the framers did not intend for the natural born citizen requirement to apply to people like Ted Cruz, who was born to an American mother and who has lived in America, as an American citizen, since he was 4 years old. The stated idea behind the natural born citizen clause was to prevent "foreign influence" from inserting itself into our government and to ensure that the president would feel no loyalty for another country.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

The more I research this, the more I am starting to think that Trump might have a point. The Constitution Society has a long, exhaustive article on this that seems to show that Cruz is not eligible under a rigid reading of the Constitution and English common law, Blackstone, Tucker, etc.:

Presidential Eligibility

However, I think one can also make a strong argument that the framers did not intend for the natural born citizen requirement to apply to people like Ted Cruz, who was born to an American mother and who has lived in America, as an American citizen, since he was 4 years old. The stated idea behind the natural born citizen clause was to prevent "foreign influence" from inserting itself into our government and to ensure that the president would feel no loyalty for another country.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Commie Canuck Cruz has lots of "foreign influence" - considering his daddy was a Castro communist and he was born in a foreign country.

A loon. But, the establishment's thrown Cowboy Ted under da bus. They'd prefer to go down with the Big Quack. And they will have billion dollars for congressional races, so it's not a bad strategy. Hillary could be a one termer at best.

Forum List

Back