Ted Cruz Introduces Bills to Stop Gay Marriage

Except they did. And since your moral compass is in line with theirs you accept it as fact when it is not. It is opinion.

I gave you the EXACT reason for the collapse of the Roman Empire several pages back & you continue to dismiss it.

Since when is the actual writings from Seneca, Cato and Scipio not facts?

Sallus suggests that Seneca's account is historical hogwash.

Do you mean Sallust?
He was born before Seneca
Or
Salus? She was a Roman Goddess

Selected Letters - Seneca - Google Books

What does this have to do with what you said and my question?

Obviously you didn't read the 411 in the link provided. It answers your question and supports my claim that the letters you refer to were not facts but a compilation of poems... generalities in the form of entertainment from the period. The writings to which you use as proof of collapse are not actual accounts of fact. Get off your high horse. You are a living example of "a little knowledge in the wrong hands".

Bloomberg | 4/23/2015 | Heidi Prszbyla

Bloomberg Title and Link Only
Ted Cruz Introduces Bills to Stop Gay Marriage - Bloomberg Politics
Sub-Heading-- "The Texas senator wants to establish a constitutional amendment that protects states that define marriage as being between a man and a woman from legal action. "

---
Cruz Is going to fight the gays!
A Constitutional Amendment?

He just rose a notch or two in my estimation.

Finally, political leadership manifesting some courage, rather than pandering to the whores in the Gay Mafia PACs.

Congress can't pass a budget
How can they pass an amendment?

Sub-Heading-- "The Texas senator wants to establish a constitutional amendment that protects states that define marriage as being between a man and a woman from legal action. "

---

Finally, political leadership manifesting some courage, rather than pandering to the whores in the Gay Mafia PACs.

True... true... true.

---

Whut?
Congress Passes A Budget Now Comes The Hard Part

nice try, but those things do not compare with homosexuality. Whether its a valid legal argument is yet to be seen. I think the gay mafia will win this round, and the country and society as a whole will lose.
The people deserve what they vote for. Obama is the perfect example of voters shitting in their own soup.

No, the country loses because people like you obsess with idiotic made up religious agendas and ignore the maintenance of the legacy of the true good works of the great republicans that preceded you.

"endowed by their creator" "In God we trust" the founders knew what they and the country stood for and those beliefs have made this country the greatest in the history of the world.

Can you list the Godless republicans from the past that you are so proud of?
They had the ability to put religious doctrine into the Constitution.....they chose not to

yes, because they believed in freedom of religion, not freedom from religion, or freedom of one religion only.

But the fact remains that this was and is a predominently Christian nation. But no one is forced to be a Christian or take part in Christian beliefs, or muslim beliefs, jewish beliefs, or no beliefs.

Its called FREEDOM. A concept that you libs have a hard time understanding.

The human race is evolving.

There are some aspects in our evolution that should be brought along as we gain wisdom, knowledge and experience.

I'm willing to concede that religion wasn't always an evil influence.

We certainly don't have all of the answers but we certainly have learned some of them.

If we don't honor the truth and reject what is obviously not true our future as a species is at risk.

whether homosexuality is a normal human condition is a bioloical question, not a religious one. primative tribes with no religious beliefs do not condone homosexuality, because they see it as abnorml and offensive.

No, the country loses because people like you obsess with idiotic made up religious agendas and ignore the maintenance of the legacy of the true good works of the great republicans that preceded you.

"endowed by their creator" "In God we trust" the founders knew what they and the country stood for and those beliefs have made this country the greatest in the history of the world.

They had the ability to put religious doctrine into the Constitution.....they chose not to

yes, because they believed in freedom of religion, not freedom from religion, or freedom of one religion only.

But the fact remains that this was and is a predominently Christian nation. But no one is forced to be a Christian or take part in Christian beliefs, or muslim beliefs, jewish beliefs, or no beliefs.

There are some aspects in our evolution that should be brought along as we gain wisdom, knowledge and experience.

We certainly don't have all of the answers but we certainly have learned some of them.

If we don't honor the truth and reject what is obviously not true our future as a species is at risk.

whether homosexuality is a normal human condition is a bioloical question, not a religious one. primative tribes with no religious beliefs do not condone homosexuality, because they see it as abnorml and offensive.
Which ones?

REDFISH SAID:

"yes, because they believed in freedom of religion, not freedom from religion, or freedom of one religion only.
Its called FREEDOM. A concept that you libs have a hard time understanding."

Wrong.

The Framers sought to both ensure freedom from religion as well as freedom to express one's religious beliefs.

The Establishment Clause of the First Amendment ensures freedom from religion by prohibiting government from codifying religious dogma into secular law; the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment prohibits government from seeking to disadvantage religious expression.

That the United States is a predominately Christian Nation is irrelevant and has no bearing whatsoever on First Amendment jurisprudence, as all persons are free to believe regardless their religion – including those free from faith who enjoy freedom from religion, and cannot be made subject to religious dogma through force of law.

Moreover, liberals have been at the forefront for decades protecting the freedoms and liberties of the American people, including religious liberty – often in opposition to conservatives' efforts to violate the Framers' mandate that church and state remain separate by seeking to codify religious dogma into secular law; consequently neither you nor any other conservative are in a position to lecture anyone about 'understanding freedom.'

we said the same thing, your spin attempt changes nothing.

Which ones?

the ones in central New Guinea, The Aztecs, The Incas, The Mayans, the American Indians. Just to name a few.

Which ones?

the ones in central New Guinea, The Aztecs, The Incas, The Mayans, the American Indians. Just to name a few.
The Two-Spirit people of indigenous North Americans
Show me your evidence for the other ones.

Which ones?

thats some funny stuff. A "paper" by a left wing prof of "gender studies" ? Come on. Queer indians were driven from the tribes and ridiculed.

I could write a paper on gay pandas that would be as credible as the one you cited.

Which ones?

thats some funny stuff. A "paper" by a left wing prof of "gender studies" ? Come on. Queer indians were driven from the tribes and ridiculed.

I could write a paper on gay pandas that would be as credible as the one you cited.
Two-Spirit - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Which ones?

post all the crap you want. homosexuality was not condoned or sanctioned by native americans. They may have been considered mystic weirdos, but they were not considered normal.

Which ones?

post all the crap you want. homosexuality was not condoned or sanctioned by native americans. They may have been considered mystic weirdos, but they were not considered normal.
LalLalalallLla

LalLalalallLla

you can't even sing----------------can you -:dance:?

Golly, another thoughtful and cogent opinion from the anti gay crowd. I'm shocked they haven't won more court cases.

Where does the 14th amendment say same sex marriage is an equal right?
It says deprive any person of life, liberty or property.
You are free to be gay in this country but it says nothing about marriage.

You are obsessing about an institution that has over a 60% failure rate. That abysmal longevity stat has little if nothing to do with homosexuals. It would serve you that think it is the "foundation" of our society to work a little harder on the actual causes of it's horrible record of success.

many believe that sanctioning gay marriage would harm society, you don't believe it would. There is a difference of opinion-----------so lets put it to a vote in every state and let the will of the people prevail.

I will accept the will of the people, will you?
How would it harm society? I see a lot of people who's sensibilities it would harm but 0 evidence for societal harm

in the opinion of many human beings, homosexuality is not a normal human condition, treating a sickness as normal would harm society.

you may think otherwise and thats ok, but the majority opinion should prevail, unless we live in a dictatorship.

We neither live in a dictatorship nor a pure democracy- the majority opinion does not prevail over the Constitution or the law.

That was why even though in the opinion of many human beings, mixed race marriages were not normal human conditions- and even though the majority opposed them, our Constitution protected such marriages.

Golly, another thoughtful and cogent opinion from the anti gay crowd. I'm shocked they haven't won more court cases.

You are obsessing about an institution that has over a 60% failure rate. That abysmal longevity stat has little if nothing to do with homosexuals. It would serve you that think it is the "foundation" of our society to work a little harder on the actual causes of it's horrible record of success.

many believe that sanctioning gay marriage would harm society, you don't believe it would. There is a difference of opinion-----------so lets put it to a vote in every state and let the will of the people prevail.

I'm more an "equal protection under the law" kindof a guy. There are some issues that the nation must agree on as a whole. I like having a valid drivers license anywhere I drive even if it is across a state line. When I was married it was a good thing my marriage license was valid also. I will attest though that the failure to remain married had nothing to do with the queers being married or not.

do you think being "queer" is a normal human condition? yes or no

As normal as being left handed is.

I'm more an "equal protection under the law" kindof a guy. There are some issues that the nation must agree on as a whole. I like having a valid drivers license anywhere I drive even if it is across a state line. When I was married it was a good thing my marriage license was valid also. I will attest though that the failure to remain married had nothing to do with the queers being married or not.

do you think being "queer" is a normal human condition? yes or no

As normal as being left handed is.
Nonsense

Mental disorders & chemical imbalances are not normal.

So you are saying that those who oppose homosexuality in America are similar to the primitive tribes of New Guinea.....

And by the way- primitive tribes have religious beliefs too.

Forum List

Back