Team of the Decade

If Philly wins, wouldn't Boston get the decade title because they've been to the playoffs a lot more?

I would say so

Phillies have 3 NL east divisions in a row

but only 3 playoff appearances

However 2 world series rings back to back is pretty impressive...but Sox have had the better decade all around playing in a much better league..so I'd prob give it to the sox

No NL team since the Reds in 75-76 have won back to backs, and its only happened three times in NL history.

Yup...one good thing if the Phillies do win is Joe Morgan can shut the fuck up about his reds team

Xeno is right, I was going to comment that the Phillies going back-to-back for the NL since the Big Red Machine would be impressive.

If Philly wins, wouldn't Boston get the decade title because they've been to the playoffs a lot more?

I would say so

However 2 world series rings back to back is pretty impressive...but Sox have had the better decade all around playing in a much better league..so I'd prob give it to the sox

No NL team since the Reds in 75-76 have won back to backs, and its only happened three times in NL history.
Chicago Cubs baby! 1907, 1908.
:lol::lol:

I will guess the New York Giants for the other NL team. I don't think the Dodgers ever did it.

chicago cubs baby! 1907, 1908.
:lol::lol:

$cubsguide.jpg

$cubshate_blasphemy.jpg

:lol:

You are being childish again son.

I would have rooted for the Red Sox had the Yanks been out, simply because it means something for Del, A15 and a few other folks I like to win.

Yankees have had 7 titles in my life and 13 WS appearences, I stopped living and dying over that years ago, its something that comes with maturity which is why you don't get it.

When you have the luxury of having such a thing, winning a world series does mean a little less no? I mean for example, if the Cubs won next year, it would probably mean more to Elvis than maybe any of the last 5 Yankee titles have.

Besides, it's all fun in the rivalry to root against the opposing team. I get along with plenty of Yankee fans. Heck, we watched some of the playoff games together. Unlike how it is between me and you often or Andrew and I, it's fun spirited.

Though I am just lucky to have broken even so far on the inning betting. Thankfully the Angels did win Game 5. :lol:

Yeah I think there's something to that. I remember Jim Rome couldn't understand the whole Steve Bartman curse talk in 2003. He grew up in Los Angeles where the Dodgers were near the top probably his entire childhood.

I would say so

Yup...one good thing if the Phillies do win is Joe Morgan can shut the fuck up about his reds team
Morgan thinks his reds would beat the 27 yankees, the guy is delussional.

Those reds teams lacked solid consistant pitching, they are not 'all time greats' as far as dynasties.

My favorite Joe Morgan moment was during the Allstar game at Yankee Stadium last year

He was sitting with Yogi Berra in the booth bragging about how he won 1 ring here at the stadium with his big red machine...

As Yogi Berra is sitting next to him with a ring on each finger.

God I hate him

lol poor guy.

So not his fault they lost that series.

Wasn't Bartman's fault Gonzo couldn't turn a routine double play

lol poor guy.

So not his fault they lost that series.

Wasn't Bartman's fault Gonzo couldn't turn a routine double play

The momentum turned 180 degrees when that happened. Again, no offense, but you don't understand.

Yeah I think there's something to that. I remember Jim Rome couldn't understand the whole Steve Bartman curse talk in 2003. He grew up in Los Angeles where the Dodgers were near the top probably his entire childhood.

Jim Rome. I watch his show but :eusa_eh:. He's up there with Joe Morgan and Jay Mariotti in people on ESPN I can't stand for $200 Alex. :lol:

And I just read an article on ESPN about Steve Bartman, did you happen to see it?

i think we can all agree that joe morgan sucks.

I'd like to see the Reds go up against some of those Mickey Mantle Yankee teams. or the Dimaggio yankee teams that won eight in a row.

I wonder if people will be trick-or-treating as Steve Bartman again this year.

Is he still universally hated there in Chicago? I remember hearing that people were trying to forgive him to lift that curse. :lol:

Jim Rome. I watch his show but :eusa_eh:. He's up there with Joe Morgan and Jay Mariotti in people on ESPN I can't stand for $200 Alex. :lol:

And I just read an article on ESPN about Steve Bartman, did you happen to see it?

no. I like Rome's radio show. I was just really pissed at him about Bartman.

Forum List

Back