Team of the Decade

Ever heard of Mookie Wilson?

Elvis, try to focus on this decade. I'm waiting for Andrew and Co. to start bringing up Yankees championships won before Color TV. :lol:

It's just hard to give a team the title of the decade because of a curse or because one team choked once. Oh and you mentioned the Marlins, who beat the Yankees the year.....

Aaron fucking Boone beat Boston.

lol...getting there means nothing if you don't win it.So I guess the Yankees 40 pennants don't mean much since they only won it 26 times right?

God damn you know nothing about baseball.

What are you 15?

Please stop talking you embarass yourself each time you type

And I was not disappointed. I knew it was only a matter of time before you would do that.

I know plenty about baseball. The fact of the matter is that you get so angry so very easily that it's amusing as can be. You're so blinded by your hate that you can't see that I'm fucking with you.

To even think that you make me angry is laughable.

Far from it...I am not yelling or scolding you...I am simply laughing at you.

Please say the Phillies will win this series dude...you have been so dead on with your picks so far

Yeah but Aaron fucking Boone makes up for that discrepancy.

What are you referring to exactly? Makes up for what? The fact that the Yankees had the most epic breakdown of all time? Remember, they were up until the 9th inning in Game 4 and had plenty of chances to put it away.

I know they were and I predicted Boston would win the series after Rivera blew Game 4. but Aaron Boone makes Bucky Dent look like Babe Ruth.

Why not bring up the number of Boston championships before that?

BTW, the Red Sox have lost 5 of the 12 WS they have played in, nearly 50%.

NY is 26 of 40.

Not even close.

Again, you want to bring in series before even the invention of the television even, be my guest. This is not a thread about Historical numbers. This is about the team of the decade, not century. :D

NY is 26 of 40.

Not even close.

Again, you want to bring in series before even the invention of the television even, be my guest. This is not a thread about Historical numbers. This is about the team of the decade, not century. :D
Yes, we are talking about the Yankees, try to keep up.

You are a good example of why people have laughed at Red Sox fans for decades, you think one win means something vs decades of failure. :lol:

It's just hard to give a team the title of the decade because of a curse or because one team choked once. Oh and you mentioned the Marlins, who beat the Yankees the year.....

And Aaron fucking Boone got a homerun. You have to realize, I watched that happen live. I was highly disappointed to say the least. However, 2004 and 2007 did certainly help the recovery. :lol:

Yes a tam about the decade

and with a win over the Phillies the Yankees will have the same amount of rings as the sox and have double the pennants...8 times the division championships and 2 more playoff appearances.

Touch to say the sox are the team of the decade when they didn't even make the playoffs more then the Yankees to have a chance to compete for a world series ring

NY is 26 of 40.

Not even close.

and Boston has had two series appearances to New York's four. It would be hard to put Boston ahead of New York if the Yankees win this year on the basis of a curse being undone. And I'm a Cub fan and know all about curses.

And Aaron fucking Boone got a homerun. You have to realize, I watched that happen live. I was highly disappointed to say the least. However, 2004 and 2007 did certainly help the recovery. :lol:

I'm sure they did. and understandably so.

NY is 26 of 40.

Not even close.

actually the majority of the 26 championships happened after TV was around

thanks for playing tho

Thanks to the single dumbest non pulling of a pitcher in Red Sox history.

Alan Embree and Mike Timlin were reared up and ready to go and sporting a combined 0.00 post season ERA.

Grady Little is a fuckchop.

You are a good example of why people have laughed at Red Sox fans for decades, you think one win means something vs decades of failure. :lol:

Thread title: Team of the Decade. A Decade is 10 years. So therefore, I will be discussing this decade. You can discuss the roaring twenties all you like. However, it will be technically off-topic. :lol:

As for you guys, you seem to think that the Yankees already have it locked up. They are playing the defending champs you know.

As for you guys, you seem to think that the Yankees already have it locked up. They are playing the defending champs you know.

That depends...did you pick the Phillies...if you did...it might as well be a lock then the Yanks will win

and Boston has had two series appearances to New York's four. It would be hard to put Boston ahead of New York if the Yankees win this year on the basis of a curse being undone. And I'm a Cub fan and know all about curses.

Except right now, NY is 1-2. If they lose this series, can you call them the team of the decade?

And you're a Cubs fan? You poor soul. :eek:

Except right now, NY is 1-2. If they lose this series, can you call them the team of the decade?

And you're a Cubs fan? You poor soul. :eek:

right now, I don't know who I would say. the question is IF they win this year.

actually the majority of the 26 championships happened after TV was around

thanks for playing tho

What a fool. Let's say Color TV.

NBC made the first coast-to-coast color broadcast when it telecast the Tournament of Roses Parade on January 1, 1954.

Yankee Championships Before and After 1954:

After: 10

Before: 16

A great amount? Yes. However, the majority of your championships happened before color television.

It's bigger than the numbers .....

Red Sox winning two titles + the historical significance of their success in overcoming the curse + orchestrating the greatest comeback in the history of baseball + all the playoff appearences = team of the decade.

Getting Andrew the homer to agree to that is about as much chance as Hell having a snow day tomorrow.

I actually find Andrew and Xeno to both be very reasonable Yankee fans and very knowlegeable baseball fans.

Thread title: Team of the Decade. A Decade is 10 years. So therefore, I will be discussing this decade. You can discuss the roaring twenties all you like. However, it will be technically off-topic. :lol:

You seem to think two wins reveres 8 decades of failure, and somehow it is worth more then 4 WS appearances and 2 wins.

This is why we all say you are a child, you just have trouble with grownup stuff.

apparently reading comprehension isn't one of Dog's strong suits.

The initial post said this was all based on whether or not the Yanks can take down the Phillies

Forum List

Back