Deja-Vu all over again

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
As I reflect (very briefly) upon the disappointing end to the Red Sox' season, I see a striking similarity to the end of last season. In both instances, the Sox fell to a team in the playoffs for whom beating the Red Sox was their holy grail. Last year it was the Rays, whom the Sox had previously dominated in the AL East, this year it was the Angels whom the Sox had previously dominated in the playoffs. And in both cases they played like world-beaters against the Sox, claimed their prize, and proceeded to lay down like dogs in the next round. The beneficiaries last year were the Phillies and this year the Yankees.

I feel bad for Philly fans who expect this year's WS to be anything other than a beatdown at the hands of the Yankees.

Yankees in 4 or 5.

I don't think every team in baseball lives to beat the Sox.

Some teams just get hot at the right time, some match up well, sometimes you burn out mentally and physically in a tough series.

Yanks have too much depth for the Phils.....Yanks in 6

Sour%20Grapes.jpg

• Banned
:lol:

It's got nothing to do with sour grapes. It's just an observation. Both teams blew their nut beating the Red Sox and had nothing left in the tank. If you think the same Rays team showed up in the WS last year as the team that played in the ALCS then you just weren't paying attention. Same goes for the Angels in the ALDS vs the ALCS.

It's got nothing to do with sour grapes. It's just an observation. Both teams blew their nut beating the Red Sox and had nothing left in the tank. If you think the same Rays team showed up in the WS last year as the team that played in the ALCS then you just weren't paying attention. Same goes for the Angels in the ALDS vs the ALCS.

Seriously...I think Tampa Bay was thrilled to beat anybody

Again, that sig line disagrees with you. :D

Forum List

Back