Teaching the "Alternative Lifestyle" to Kids

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Sex for Dummies
By John Leo for U.S. News & World Report
May 23, 2005 issue

When covering a dispute over sex education in public schools, many reporters know what to do. Just type that the fundamentalist yahoos are at it again. For all we know, editors have installed a special timesaving key on newsroom computers so that the usual sex-ed news article pops out in 15 seconds or less.

A classic example is the front-page Washington Post piece for Saturday, May 7, [Link] dealing with a new pilot program in Montgomery County, Md. The reporters managed to associate the protests with national right-wing Christian politics, the anti-evolution crusade, and Dorothy's discovery in the Wizard of Oz that she wasn't in Kansas anymore. (For a deft takedown of the bias in this piece, go to oxblog.com and scroll down to the May 8 analysis "More Ignorant Christian Fundamentalists?") From AA: You will need to scroll down to May 8, 2005. The post is the 6th entry, posted at 1:46 a.m. by David Adesink)

The school system withdrew the curriculum, for the current school term at least, after a federal judge, Alexander Williams Jr., issued a 10-day restraining order on two First Amendment grounds. Those grounds were viewpoint discrimination (the curriculum teaches "the moral rightness of the homosexual lifestyle" to the exclusion of other perspectives, the judge said) and state entanglement in religion. The curriculum depicts the churches that endorse homosexuality as theologically sound, while singling out Baptists and fundamentalists for scorn. Churches differ, the curriculum says, but all agree that Jesus said nothing about homosexuality. Why the state should involve itself in telling us which religions are wrong and what Jesus said or didn't say is obscure.

for full article
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/opinion/articles/050523/23john.htm

There was also a story in the news about a father who went to school to complain about just such a cirriculum and he was arrested when he refused to leave without school officials addressing his concerns. His contention was that he wanted to be the one teaching his child his morals, the class was teaching gay marriage. The man's son was only 6 years old. He is currently fighting it in court.

So let me ask a series of questions.....

1. Heterosexual desires are normal, right?

2. And everyone knows, that having sexual desires for children is sick, right?

3. And everyone know that sexual orientation is something you are born with right?

4. So, if I'm a heterosexual with sexual desires for children (i.e. girls under the age of 18) I'm a pervert, right?

But if I'm a heterosexual with desires for girls 18 or older, I'm not a pervert. Why? Because the law says so, right? In fact, in Europe, the age of consent is lower than here, so if I lived in Europe and had sexual desires for say a 16 year old, I wouldn't be considered a pervert.

But wait, are you telling me that the standard for pedophilia is somewhat arbitrary? That is, if I'm a heterosexual and I have sexual desires for children that I'd better keep it in my pants and learn to be interested in older females because society says so? Actually, yes, that is somewhat true.

Well, then, if I was born a heterosexual and can't help but feel sexually attracted to a cute female of the age of 17 1/2 but then am expected to keep myself from acting on those feelings.... then why is it unreasonable for me to control same sex feelings? why is that discriminatory? After all, heterosexuals are expected not to act on feelings of sexual attraction towards young girls.

Furthermore, if I was say 48, and I had sexual feelings for a 22 year old, and acted on them.... don't you think that most people would consider me a dirty old man? Sure, most people would. So certain heterosexual feelings are taboo and are expected to be suppressed (or at least not acted upon)....

So why is it all of the sudden that we encourage kids to be open to their sexual feelings especially gay feelings (as if teens need to be misguided more than they are now!)? What if a kid through his school gets the idea that it is OK to act on his sexual feelings towards other boys? What if because of this he allows himself to be seduced by an older man? What if the boy becomes infected with AIDS? Doesn't that make the school an accessory to a crime? Yes, it does....... Does that make the school legally responsible for the boy contracting AIDS? Yes it does......

Very good questions there Karl, and Im awaiting some good answers from the libs on this...

But I won't hold my breath :smoke:

Bonnie said:
There was also a story in the news about a father who went to school to complain about just such a cirriculum and he was arrested when he refused to leave without school officials addressing his concerns. His contention was that he wanted to be the one teaching his child his morals, the class was teaching gay marriage. The man's son was only 6 years old. He is currently fighting it in court.
At the rate we're going, schools will be having virgin sacrifices at recess in a couple of years and probably worshipping the goddess Kali.....

(Kali, the Hindu goddess, wife of Shiva, the god of destruction. She is often depicted as a black skinned woman with fangs and with multiple arms, dressed with a garland of skulls, holding a severed head in one hand and a bloody sword in another. Until the British colonized India, the worship of Kali involved human sacrifice. Of course, the burning of brides also was common place, but was outlawed by the British, too. Who said colonialism was all bad?)

Also remember that historically, homosexual relations were often times cross generational. In ancient Greece and Rome, it was often older men who had sex with young boys. That hasn't changed. Teaching kids to be open to their sexual feelings in this regard may make them more susceptible to molestation by pedophiles. I think that this is a topic that has the potential for creating great harm in children and should not be taught in the schoools.

KarlMarx
Also remember that historically, homosexual relations were often times cross generational. In ancient Greece and Rome, it was often older men who had sex with young boys. That hasn't changed. Teaching kids to be open to their sexual feelings in this regard may make them more susceptible to molestation by pedophiles. I think that this is a topic that has the potential for creating great harm in children and should not be taught in the schoools.

Absolutely. School is not the place for social experimentation of children or teaching them agendized morality. If christian morals can't be taught then how is it okay to teach alternative sexuality?? Parents better really pay attention to what their tax funded schools are teaching their own kids.

my son won't be in school for another 3 years, and when they send the letters home about the sex ed unit, i will be asking for a COMPLETE syllabus (sp?) before consenting to let them teach him alongside what his father and i will talk to him about.

personally, i learned through school, and there was never a mention of homosexual actions etc., and the school district i live in is more on the conservative side, probably a 5-1 ratio in favor of conservatives. I definitely will question my son on what he was taught and ask if there were any discussions of gay stuff.

In my opinion if we stop worrying about social agendas in school and focus on our poor academic standing versus the rest of the world, we would finally be going in the right direction.

For those of you that assisted that their moral agenda should be thought at public schools instead, all I can say is that your wrong and if you want your kids to be though a specific way then send them to a private school.

Personally I think all parents should have the right to send their kids to any school of their choosing. This of course means that we need to dismantle or shrink the public education system in the US.

I don't feel that a school has any business at all bringing up homosexuality-period. I think that is a subject to be discussed with a child by his or her parents and not a teacher pushing an agenda.

When I was in grade school,we were taught the biological part of sex ed. We learned about each organ in the reproductive system and what it's function was(put that in grade school terms). There was no talk whatsoever about homosexuality,or heterosexuality. I guess 20 something years ago,they knew it was not their job to talk to us about that.

Markainion said:
Personally I think all parents should have the right to send their kids to any school of their choosing. This of course means that we need to dismantle or shrink the public education system in the US.
I think that you're correct. But the Teacher's Unions will never allow school vouchers, which will allow most people to send their children to private schools. The reason is that most private schools do not have unionized teachers whereas most public schools do. Teachers Unions require most public school teachers to belong to unions in order to have a job. This forced membership is how Teachers Unions maintain their power. Also, by the way, Teachers Unions e.g. the NEA, actually ENDORSE cirricula in schools that teach the homosexual lifestyle to our children. This should come as no surprise, since the NEA is also against the Boy Scouts, which refuses to allow gay scout leaders, and is pro-abortion (which makes one wonder, what does abortion have to do with teaching or teachers).

I know your right, but if we just can’t agree on what to teach the youth, then the only alternative is to go private or create a dual public/private school system. President Reagan once dismantled the Air Traffic Control Union in the 80’s, when they went on strike, to preserve our nation’s economy. Maybe we need a president to dismantle the Teachers Union in the name of preserving Americans future.

I'm thinking maybe its time for schools to get out of the sex education business and start getting in the business of teaching people how to read, write and do math. and Maybe teach them some American and world history.

I'm thinking maybe its time for schools to get out of the sex education business and start getting in the business of teaching people how to read, write and do math. and Maybe teach them some American and world history.
Gee.... ya think?

The problem is that the education system, like the government, has been targetted as an instrument by which the Left seeks to recreate society in its own image.

Since we're talking about reforming schools, let's get rid of the Teachers' Unions while we're at it. They're part of the problem, too. Teachers' Unions oppose standardized testing of students, are against competency standards for teachers. Their answer to everything is bigger budgets and more teachers (which, incidentally, also means more dues paying members of the unions and more money flowing into the Unions' coffers. Money, which is protected from public and Union member scrutiny). One has to look at what happened down in Dade County Florida and its teachers union. The president was living like a sultan, while bankrupting the union. And if that weren't enough, the same baloney is happening all across the country (click here for more)

Markainion said:
I know your right, but if we just can’t agree on what to teach the youth, then the only alternative is to go private or create a dual public/private school system. President Reagan once dismantled the Air Traffic Control Union in the 80’s, when they went on strike, to preserve our nation’s economy. Maybe we need a president to dismantle the Teachers Union in the name of preserving Americans future.

The only president that will do that is a Republican. The Democrats are so indebted to the Teachers' and Labor Unions that, for all intents and purposes, they are owned by them.

Read Linda Chavez' "Betrayal" to get the gist of what I am talking about.....

Bonnie said:

Bonnie, I think Bill O'Reilly had a column on the incident you mentioned.
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/oreilly051605.asp

Bill is so right; let kids be kids. They have such a short time in order to do that. They have their entire lives to deal with adulthood and adult topics.

Markainion said:
In my opinion if we stop worrying about social agendas in school and focus on our poor academic standing versus the rest of the world, we would finally be going in the right direction.

For those of you that assisted that their moral agenda should be thought at public schools instead, all I can say is that your wrong and if you want your kids to be though a specific way then send them to a private school.

I agree with all you said! School is to teach children the skills to get them into college or a trade school to earn a living, morals should be taught only at home by parents.

Forum List

Back