Teaching Black history is not an attack on White Americans

Time to hear the African side of the story.

Even in this modern world, there are wars and rumors of war almost everywhere you go. There were wars in Europe in those days and there were wars in America. There were wars almost everywhere in the world. There were tribal wars in Africa too. The difference between the tribal wars in Africa and the wars in the outside world was that, in the outside world, the conquered were often butchered (due in part to the highly sophisticated weapons of war used) whereas the conquered in Africa (excluding Arabs/Muslims in the north) became part of the conqueror. In other words, while no enemy was left standing in the outside world, the conquered enemies were left to live and serve in Africa.

So it is true there were some "slaves" in Africa in those days before the white man came. However, those "slaves" were not taken purposely to become "slaves" of another kingdom or empire. They were just victims of tribal wars and it was somehow "better" than what was happening in the outside world where no enemy was allowed to live.

Was Africa one nation? Were Africans one people? Were the Europeans in Africa just to trade? If Africans willingly participated in the "trade" then why would the Europeans bring battle troops and weapons of war all the way from Europe to Africa? Why the so many "Europeans against Natives" wars in African history and what were the Europeans fighting for in Africa? Were the European currencies of any value to Africans? Was there a common currency in Africa? Which currency was used to buy slaves in Africa? Did Africans willingly trade ship-loads of "valuable" slaves for just bottles of wine? Does the Bible permit slavery and slave trade? Why did the church participate in the slave trade?

In continuation, please note that there were 2 types of slave trading in Africa. The one introduced mostly by the coming of Islam through the Arab raiders and traders from the Middle East and North Africa or the Trans-Saharan slave trade and the one introduced by the coming of the Europeans or the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade (the one I am talking about). The Trans-Saharan Slave Trade is deeply rooted in the Islamic cultures of several countries in the North (especially in the Maghreb region or the "Berber world") and still practiced although "silently" by Muslim-dominant countries such as Mauritania and Libya.

According to my grandfather, In those days when there were no Christianity and no modern day government systems in Africa, Kings, Queens, and other traditional rulers ruled their kingdoms as heads of state and judged cases according to the rules and regulations of the land. Those who disobeyed the laws of the land were punished and those who obeyed and sacrificed for the land were rewarded accordingly. Although every land had some "prison" facilities, those prisons weren't meant for large groups of criminals so those who killed were killed. Those who stole paid dearly for it. Those who slept with people's wives were banished from the land. Children who disobeyed elders were punished accordingly. And so on.

End of part 1
You make it seem as if tribes did not slaughter each other. Damn, you make excuses for anything negative a black man doesl

The US didn't have much to do with slavery back in the ancient Greek times. Are you trying to suggest that slavery was a good thing even before the US existed? Discussion here is about US slavery. You know, the part that we, as a country were involved in. You can't get your head around the fact that slavery was wrong no matter who did it. In the US, those that pushed it, and made fortunes from it were vastly more white than anything else.
You would think black people would be concerned with all of their ancestors, not just those enslaved by whites.

The US didn't have much to do with slavery back in the ancient Greek times. Are you trying to suggest that slavery was a good thing even before the US existed? Discussion here is about US slavery. You know, the part that we, as a country were involved in. You can't get your head around the fact that slavery was wrong no matter who did it. In the US, those that pushed it, and made fortunes from it were vastly more white than anything else.
By TODAY'S standards slavery is wrong. By the standards of the entire world for tens of thousands of years it was considered normal and right. White people, mostly British and Americans, were responsible for changing those beliefs. It was Wilberforce in England that started the Anti-slavery movement in the western world and the British Royal Navy assisted by the fledgling US Navy that stopped the international slave trade on the high seas.

Slavery exists in many parts of the world today, I don't see you, IM2 and Paul doing anything about it, or even criticizing it. Slavery wasn't just an American institution, and in fact, most slaves in the Western Hemisphere weren't held in the USA.

Last edited:
I know more about Africa than you.
You do!

1647211657853.png

So you can stop repeating what you get taught at stormfront
The article I posted was from the BBC...written by an ACTUAL successful African...not like you...the progeny of a low caste...slave.

Your white racists are a joke.
But quite often...black people are hilarious.

YOU WUZ KANGS N' SHEEIT DAWG!

You would think black people would be concerned with all of their ancestors, not just those enslaved by whites.
Black people in the US were and are still affected by the effects of slavery in the US more than that of other parts of the world. Is that too complicated for you to understand?

By TODAY'S standards slavery is wrong. By the standards of the entire world for tens of thousands of years it was considered normal and right. White people, mostly British and Americans, were responsible for changing those beliefs. It was Wilberforce in England that started the Anti-slavery movement in the western world and the British Royal Navy assisted by the fledgling US Navy that stopped the international slave trade on the high seas.

Slavery exists in many parts of the world today, I don't see you, IM2 and Paul doing anything about it, or even criticizing it. Slavery wasn't just an American institution, and in fact, most slaves in the Western Hemisphere weren't held in the USA.
I'm not sure what effect I might have concerning slavery throughout the world. I do know this is our country, and we have a responsibility to rite our wrongs and pay our debts no matter what the rest of the world might do. If you need to hear me condemn slavery in other parts of the world, then fine. I whole heartedly condemn it. Feel better now?

As a white person, nothing can manipulate me into self-hatred. Being taught the truth about institutional racism is not threatening in any way to me as an individual.

Here's a good explanation of CRT, from Brookings:

To understand why CRT has become such a flash point in the culture, it is important to understand what it is and what it is not. Opponents fear that CRT admonishes all white people for being oppressors while classifying all Black people as hopelessly oppressed victims. These fears have spurred school boards and state legislatures from Tennessee to Idaho to ban teachings about racism in classrooms. However, there is a fundamental problem: these narratives about CRT are gross exaggerations of the theoretical framework.

CRT does not attribute racism to white people as individuals or even to entire groups of people. Simply put, critical race theory states that U.S. social institutions (e.g., the criminal justice system, education system, labor market, housing market, and healthcare system) are laced with racism embedded in laws, regulations, rules, and procedures that lead to differential outcomes by race. Sociologists and other scholars have long noted that racism can exist without racists.

However, many Americans are not able to separate their individual identity as an American from the social institutions that govern us—these people perceive themselves as the system. Consequently, they interpret calling social institutions racist as calling them racist personally. It speaks to how normative racial ideology is to American identity that some people just cannot separate the two. There are also people who may recognize America’s racist past but have bought into the false narrative that the U.S. is now an equitable democracy. They are simply unwilling to remove the blind spot obscuring the fact that America is still not great for everyone.

Scholars and activists who discuss CRT are not arguing that white people living now are to blame for what people did in the past. They are saying that white people living now have a moral responsibility to do something about how racism still impacts all of our lives today.
OH brother, you are trying to babble your way with bullshit. I know what CRT does and what it was designed to do---It's manipulative bullshit----meant to push race wars and reparations shakedowns. It should be outlawed-----and those pushing this nonsense treated as the manipulative bullshit artists and crooks that they are.

YOU spin alot of chit and try to take comments out of context to redirect to distract. I am tired of your silly games....Discussion here was SLAVERY---I gave you a nice version of world slavery. Africans have forever been slavers--the ancient greeks wrote of the African slave continent--even by Roman and Greek slave times---africans were the worst slavers around.

America had slavery and fought to end slavery--not just in America but everywhere. And even when the US had slavery---many of the slave owners didn't like slavery and sought to end it running two major issues 1) how to afford their debts by doing so but 2) finding that the africans slaves lacked skills to support themselves if freed. Ergo not only did whites fight to end slavery everywhere, but they worked even before slavery ended to educate and train slaves in how to survive as free people supporting themselves. Now the RACE Hos and other communists have spent decades trying to pretend that slavery was just an evil white mans thing but the truth is all races took part in it, however it was only whites that fought to end world wide. But this doesn't stop the race hos from spinning shit and trying to extort money and power by using guilt of slavery that no one in america alive today was involved in. CRT is scam----so I say counter it with the real history------and the real history doesn't show africans as being innocent victims ever...

That's just stupid. Who is trying to blow that smoke up your ass?
I am sorry that you don't like the truth---well not really. Grow up and deal with the facts----TAX slaves is the only real slavery in america today.

The country as a whole owes blacks for their abuse that our country condoned by whites. I don't think people today are responsible for slavery in the past, but we are responsible for the debt we still owe. The debt that the country made long before many of us were born. It's disgusting and unethical for today's whites to ignore that valid debt that we owe.
We owe you nothing----you need to grow up and stop trying to mooch off others. Slavery was limited and cost most americans not added to. Few owned slaves, many gave up their lives in the Civil War supposedly fighting slavery. Many gave up their fortunes turning loose and then trying to set up former slaves so they could have a chance to support themselves. Blacks owned slaves here and were reportedly the worst and most violent of the slave owners. Slavery did not make our country---it could and should be argued that it has held our country back. And sorry I hate to burst the bubble of black people---your delusions BUT if your black your ancestory would be all about slavery long before whites got involved.

Black people in the US were and are still affected by the effects of slavery in the US more than that of other parts of the world. Is that too complicated for you to understand?
There are people who make a lot of money and live in comfortable ways promoting issues.

Which is a flat out lie----Black people especially the drug class now like to whine in order to try to extort money and blame others for their bad life choices. What happened a 150 years ago, has jack shit to do with people now. Grow up, take responsibility for your life-----if you feel the need to blame something that happened generations ago for your failures now--you are just pathetic.

I am descendent of both Pocahantus grandfather, Chief of the Powhatans, and of French royalty.........I'm still not a princess nor do I expect to be treated or rewarded as one. Get out and EARN your own way Bull......

Your pulling this shit out of your ass as it has no basis in fact. Like with everyone else, America has offered black people opportunity to EARN/WORK their way up. Many blacks have done this. America as always has always offered all people the opportunity to make their own fortunes---BUT you have to have some luck, and a skill, brains, or an ideal to help yourself do it. If you and your family have done nothing but mooch off taxpayers via welfare and did drugs then you have no one else to blame but yourselves.

AZrailwhale
By TODAY'S standards slavery is wrong. By the standards of the entire world for tens of thousands of years it was considered normal and right.

So was burning women at the stake for witchcraft

AZrailwhale
White people, mostly British and Americans, were responsible for changing those beliefs. It was Wilberforce in England that started the Anti-slavery movement in the western world and the British Royal Navy assisted by the fledgling US Navy that stopped the international slave trade on the high seas.

So, despite Britain spending almost two centuries as the dominant transatlantic slave trader, with all the torture, rape and mass murder that comes from that. Despite Britain refusing to back abolition when other European powers had paved the way, despite Britain spending the 1790s warring to keep slavery intact all over the Caribbean, despite Britain trying to crush the only successful slave revolution in human history and then helping their French enemies attempt to do the same, despite Britain refusing to even recognise the first Caribbean state to abolish slavery, despite all of this, you think that suddenly, in 1807 - just three years after Haitian independence - William Wilberforce alone stopped slavery because it was "the right thing to do"

giphy.gif

You're talking about a period of British history where it took a century of debate and reform to abolish domestic child labour. Do you think that a British parliament that had only just come to abolish the labour of its ‘own’ children felt such a love for blk ppl thousands of miles away ?

Also what does it say about slavery that the only name most ppl know is Wilberforce ? Even though the names the traffickers are on money, on streets and buildings and live on in the stuff built from their profits (insurance, modern banking, railways)

I'm not disputing that Wilberforce played a role in the Abolition of the Slave Trade Act passing in 1807. What I am saying is that power concedes nothing without demand and the
abolitionist movement needs to be viewed much like the anti-war movements of
today.

Last edited:
YOU spin alot of chit and try to take comments out of context to redirect to distract. I am tired of your silly games....Discussion here was SLAVERY---I gave you a nice version of world slavery. Africans have forever been slavers--the ancient greeks wrote of the African slave continent--even by Roman and Greek slave times---africans were the worst slavers around.

America had slavery and fought to end slavery--not just in America but everywhere. And even when the US had slavery---many of the slave owners didn't like slavery and sought to end it running two major issues 1) how to afford their debts by doing so but 2) finding that the africans slaves lacked skills to support themselves if freed. Ergo not only did whites fight to end slavery everywhere, but they worked even before slavery ended to educate and train slaves in how to survive as free people supporting themselves. Now the RACE Hos and other communists have spent decades trying to pretend that slavery was just an evil white mans thing but the truth is all races took part in it, however it was only whites that fought to end world wide. But this doesn't stop the race hos from spinning shit and trying to extort money and power by using guilt of slavery that no one in america alive today was involved in. CRT is scam----so I say counter it with the real history------and the real history doesn't show africans as being innocent victims ever...
So much silly shit in your post. When did I ever say african traders were innocent victims?

We owe you nothing----you need to grow up and stop trying to mooch off others. Slavery was limited and cost most americans not added to. Few owned slaves, many gave up their lives in the Civil War supposedly fighting slavery. Many gave up their fortunes turning loose and then trying to set up former slaves so they could have a chance to support themselves. Blacks owned slaves here and were reportedly the worst and most violent of the slave owners. Slavery did not make our country---it could and should be argued that it has held our country back. And sorry I hate to burst the bubble of black people---your delusions BUT if your black your ancestory would be all about slavery long before whites got involved.
What makes you think I believe you to owe me anything?

Teaching Black history is not an attack on White Americans

While the nation is celebrating Black History Month this February, more than three dozen states have introduced legislation or taken other steps since January 2021 to limit the discussion of race in public schools. Meanwhile, school boards controlled by reactionary "parents' rights" advocates are banning books about racism. Those who are trying to mute public discussions of race and racism have often justified their actions by casting these conversations as uncomfortable or divisive.

Since the murder of George Floyd sparked mass protests across the country, many conservatives have responded by appealing to White Americans' fear and suggesting that collective efforts to address systemic injustice are anti-White.

But this is the big lie White supremacy has always told to sustain itself, and history shows the fight for equality is not a zero-sum game. Americans must learn Black history if for no other reason than to understand that Black political power has been good news for many White Americans.

It's time republicans stopped the race baiting.
hey bud, i dont think about black history, i dont think about blacks 24/7 like you do us whites. get a life racist loser.

Forum List

Back