Teaching Black history is not an attack on White Americans

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015

While the nation is celebrating Black History Month this February, more than three dozen states have introduced legislation or taken other steps since January 2021 to limit the discussion of race in public schools. Meanwhile, school boards controlled by reactionary "parents' rights" advocates are banning books about racism. Those who are trying to mute public discussions of race and racism have often justified their actions by casting these conversations as uncomfortable or divisive.

Since the murder of George Floyd sparked mass protests across the country, many conservatives have responded by appealing to White Americans' fear and suggesting that collective efforts to address systemic injustice are anti-White.

But this is the big lie White supremacy has always told to sustain itself, and history shows the fight for equality is not a zero-sum game. Americans must learn Black history if for no other reason than to understand that Black political power has been good news for many White Americans.

It's time republicans stopped the race baiting.

1644543420564.png

"History", we don't have an issue with. Nope. But paring it down to ONE specific race, WHY? History IS ALL INCLUSIVE.
So why don't you want all the things that happened to be taught?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Shut the fuck up. We have been taught nothing but white history and people like you thinks thats American history.
"Shut the fuck up" Really? I let that slide. How do you, or WHY do you tell the difference between all encompassing events in time and space from "just ones that blacks where in coincidentally or created or...whatever". How, Einstein?

White Americans' fear and suggesting that collective efforts to address systemic injustice are anti-White
The only “systemic injustice” going is that our justice system is way to lenient on black criminals. They are often not charged, given low bail, and light sentences and probation. Blacks commit half the violent crimes in this country. That isn’t because of some racist police system, it’s because the black community is plagued with single parent homes, absent fathers, rampant drug use, poor education, high unemployment rates, high homosexuality rates, sexual predators and molesters, and high crime rates.

But hey, keep electing Democrats, who in turn do stupid shit like have the police stop enforcing laws, provide free housing for homeless, free drugs and safe crackhouses to get high in. All of which results in more homelessness, drug use, and crime. Just look at Baltimore, when was the last time they had a white mayor? 1999? Before that it was Nancy Pelosi’s brother and dad who ran it into the ground.

While the nation is celebrating Black History Month this February, more than three dozen states have introduced legislation or taken other steps since January 2021 to limit the discussion of race in public schools. Meanwhile, school boards controlled by reactionary "parents' rights" advocates are banning books about racism. Those who are trying to mute public discussions of race and racism have often justified their actions by casting these conversations as uncomfortable or divisive.

Since the murder of George Floyd sparked mass protests across the country, many conservatives have responded by appealing to White Americans' fear and suggesting that collective efforts to address systemic injustice are anti-White.

But this is the big lie White supremacy has always told to sustain itself, and history shows the fight for equality is not a zero-sum game. Americans must learn Black history if for no other reason than to understand that Black political power has been good news for many White Americans.

It is often said that what we don't know won't hurt us. I think in regards to learning true and accurate history, that is not at all true. I remember in my high school history book there was a picture of black slaves picking cotton. Underneath was a caption that said while they picked cotton they sang songs and that was where negro spirituals came from. That was the ONLY thing I was ever taught in school about the history of slavery. And I didn't know what I didn't know.

As an adult, I decided to educate myself and I continue to do so.

• Love
So mistreated yet they have an entire month for black history. Heh.

Move if it is so bad, that is what people have always done throughout history, migrate. No, you want the free cheese badly.

“The large majority of the Negroes who have put on the finishing touches of our best colleges
are all but worthless in the development of their people.”
~ Carter G. Woodson

Meant ironically. Hutus and the Tutsis and black Africans basicaly committing tribal genocide, that's history too. Something IM2 or Whoopie Goldberg (AKA Caryn Johnson) won't admit..
That truly sad part is the blacks of North America, overwhelmingly were sold by tribes such as those into slavery.

Not only were they NOT kings...they were losers.

I have no problem with black history being taught in schools. All American history should be taught. Where it becomes a problem is making whites, especially white children, feel guilty for being white or teaching them that they are responsible in any way for the past,

I have no problem with black history being taught in schools. All American history should be taught. Where it becomes a problem is making whites, especially white children, feel guilty for being white or teaching them that they are responsible in any way for the past,
We, as a country, ought to feel a little guilty. We've done some really shitty things, and we shouldn't pretend those things didn't happen. Acknowledging what actually happened without making excuses would go a long way toward solving our race problems.

• Thanks
We, as a country, ought to feel a little guilty. We've done some really shitty things, and we shouldn't pretend those things didn't happen. Acknowledging what actually happened without making excuses would go a long way toward solving our race problems.
We acknowledge what happened, no denying it. Since our country today did not do what this country in the past did, nothing to be guilty over, WE did not do shitty things, well, maybe you did, but I didn’t.

Forum List

Back