TEACHERS: This Important Question Is For You

Parents (really the lack of parenting) is what causes the problem in the first place. Parents nowadays want to be their kid's best friends and not actual parent them.
I agree to the extent that parents are not effectivly teaching ethics and morals, and, especially, self control. It really is not the schools' job to teach those things.[/QUOTE]
But is the school's job to teach basic criminal law, (of which few subjects are more important) and on this, they have been badly negligent.

Parents (really the lack of parenting) is what causes the problem in the first place. Parents nowadays want to be their kid's best friends and not actual parent them.
I agree to the extent that parents are not effectivly teaching ethics and morals, and, especially, self control. It really is not the schools' job to teach those things.
But is the school's job to teach basic criminal law, (of which few subjects are more important) and on this, they have been badly negligent.[/QUOTE]

We have been teaching basic criminal laws for years. You have been told that. We just don't teach what you have arbitrarily decided is so flipping important!

Maybe they weren't paying attention.

"Driver's Education in Florida"
"If you have never held a regular driver's license in any state, country, or jurisdiction, you must complete a Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education (TLSAE) course prior to applying for a learner's permit in Florida."
Florida Driver's Ed Online Guide | DMV.org
"Drivers Ed
courses are designed to give you both classroom and on-road instruction. In addition to the rules of the road and traffic laws for your state, some of the things you'll learn include how to"
"Handle emergency situations, such as flat tires, traffic accidents, and running out of gas."
Teen Drivers: a Beginner's Guide | DMV.org

It's also right there in the Florida Driver Handbook. Also covered in Drivers Ed.
"From the handbook, you'll learn about things like:"
"Insurance and accident reporting laws."
Unfortunately, the Florida Driver's Manual is grossly insufficient to inform the driver of his rights and responsibilities >>

The manual has worthwhile information, but guess what. It's incomplete. And it still leaves the driver in a position to be fined and/or arrested on charges of violation of Florida Statute Section 316.061 (Crashes involving damage to vehicle or property.), and Statute Section 316.065. (Crashes; reports; penalties)

The manual doesn't note that you must call the police if the apparent damage is $500 or more, and conversely, the manual also does not note that if the apparent damage is under $500 (and no injuries) you don't have to call the police.

The manual also neglects to say that the 4 items that you must show the other driver (Statute Section 316.062) must be shown BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE SCENE of the accident. Just showing them later that day or the next day is not sufficient. If this isn't handled exactly the way the Statute (not the manual) requires, you could be arrested for violation of 316.061, and do jail time (2nd degree misdemeanor - 60 days County Jail). This all is a perfect example of what the OP says, & why this needs to be a core part of school education (required, not elective)

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/.../0316.061.html

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/.../0316.062.html

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/.../0316.065.html

Maybe they weren't paying attention.

"Driver's Education in Florida"
"If you have never held a regular driver's license in any state, country, or jurisdiction, you must complete a Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education (TLSAE) course prior to applying for a learner's permit in Florida."
Florida Driver's Ed Online Guide | DMV.org
"Drivers Ed
courses are designed to give you both classroom and on-road instruction. In addition to the rules of the road and traffic laws for your state, some of the things you'll learn include how to"
"Handle emergency situations, such as flat tires, traffic accidents, and running out of gas."
Teen Drivers: a Beginner's Guide | DMV.org

It's also right there in the Florida Driver Handbook. Also covered in Drivers Ed.
"From the handbook, you'll learn about things like:"
"Insurance and accident reporting laws."
Unfortunately, the Florida Driver's Manual is grossly insufficient to inform the driver of his rights and responsibilities >>

The manual has worthwhile information, but guess what. It's incomplete. And it still leaves the driver in a position to be fined and/or arrested on charges of violation of Florida Statute Section 316.061 (Crashes involving damage to vehicle or property.), and Statute Section 316.065. (Crashes; reports; penalties)

The manual doesn't note that you must call the police if the apparent damage is $500 or more, and conversely, the manual also does not note that if the apparent damage is under $500 (and no injuries) you don't have to call the police.

The manual also neglects to say that the 4 items that you must show the other driver (Statute Section 316.062) must be shown BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE SCENE of the accident. Just showing them later that day or the next day is not sufficient. If this isn't handled exactly the way the Statute (not the manual) requires, you could be arrested for violation of 316.061, and do jail time (2nd degree misdemeanor - 60 days County Jail). This all is a perfect example of what the OP says, & why this needs to be a core part of school education (required, not elective)

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/.../0316.061.html

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/.../0316.062.html

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/.../0316.065.html

Why don't you take the advice Elsa gave in the movie Frozen and just "Let it go!"?

I am starting to feel embarrassed for you. Isn't there someone you can talk to about this problem you seem to have?

We have been teaching basic criminal laws for years. You have been told that. We just don't teach what you have arbitrarily decided is so flipping important!
FALSE! As what I just posted 2 minutes ago (Post # 63) proves. And you think that beating on somebody isn't so "flipping important" ? And knowing what to do in a car cash isn't so "flipping important" ? Well, you have a very strange conception of "flipping important"

Why don't you take the advice Elsa gave in the movie Frozen and just "Let it go!"?

I am starting to feel embarrassed for you. Isn't there someone you can talk to about this problem you seem to have?

Keyword in your post is "seem". That means something in YOUR head, not mine. Not my problem. If you have one, YOU deal with it. But kids attacking people, is ALL of society's problem. And not knowing FL 316.061, 62, 65, will be YOUR problem someday if/whenever you get into a car crash in Florida. Ill bet other states have a very similar law. You don't know it ? YOUR problem not mine.

Since you want to continue on this quest to show that you have no sense whatsoever, where do you draw the line?
Do the kids need classes on drug penalties? Sexual misconduct? Real estate law? Tax law? Consumer product labeling? Truth in advertising? Employment law? Where is your line where we can stop?
Oh, what the heck! Let;s just extend high school by about 7 years and give everyone a J.D. degree with their high school diploma.
You are severely challenged. I suggest counseling.

No you don't. You're someone with a big ego problem, who is trying to deflect away the fact that you have made a fool out of yourself in this forum. You've been shown to be wrong on every page.

Taking a simple matter and painting it up as something complex is an age-old DODGE. I'm sure the schools could devise a law lesson plan, that they could agree would cover the essentials, without too much difficulty, and I'm sure that you're sure about that too. Have a nice day.

Keyword in your post is "seem". That means something in YOUR head, not mine. Not my problem. If you have one, YOU deal with it. But kids attacking people, is ALL of society's problem. And not knowing FL 316.061, 62, 65, will be YOUR problem someday if/whenever you get into a car crash in Florida. Ill bet other states have a very similar law. You don't know it ? YOUR problem not mine.

Too late! I am going to ask you politely what the danger is in my getting in a car crash in Florida is?

My daughter crashed our car because a driver who failed to yield and ran out in front of her, with me in the passenger seat. She was still on her learner's permit.

My son's car was totaled when he T-boned a Jeep that ran a red light. I was on the scene before the police.

My question is very simple. What in the heck are you jabbering about?

FALSE! As what I just posted 2 minutes ago (Post # 63) proves. And you think that beating on somebody isn't so "flipping important" ? And knowing what to do in a car cash isn't so "flipping important" ? Well, you have a very strange conception of "flipping important"

You are one highly agitated individual. Why don't you get yourself into a school and learn why that most people would consider your comments as bordering on mental illness?

Too late! I am going to ask you politely what the danger is in my getting in a car crash in Florida is?
My daughter crashed our car because a driver who failed to yield and ran out in front of her, with me in the passenger seat. She was still on her learner's permit.
My son's car was totaled when he T-boned a Jeep that ran a red light. I was on the scene before the police.

You are one highly agitated individual. Why don't you get yourself into a school and learn why that most people would consider your comments as bordering on mental illness?
Obviously, YOU are very agitated, and trying to relieve yourself of that agitation, by pretending that I am agitated, and bordering on mental illness. I'm not agitated one iota. Or mentally ill, in any way. I feel perfectly fine, thank you. I wrote an OP asking teachers a question. So ?

PS - you suggest that having kids be taught that hitting someone is a crime, is a sign of mental illness ? Pheeeew!! (high-pitched whistle)

PPS - you suggest that having kids be taught their rights & responsibilities in car crashes is a sign of mental illness ? Pheeeew!! (high-pitched whistle)

Since you want to continue on this quest to show that you have no sense whatsoever, where do you draw the line?
Do the kids need classes on drug penalties? Sexual misconduct? Real estate law? Tax law? Consumer product labeling? Truth in advertising? Employment law? Where is your line where we can stop?
Oh, what the heck! Let;s just extend high school by about 7 years and give everyone a J.D. degree with their high school diploma.
You are severely challenged. I suggest counseling.

No you don't. You're someone with a big ego problem, who is trying to deflect away the fact that you have made a fool out of yourself in this forum. You've been shown to be wrong on every page.

Taking a simple matter and painting it up as something complex is an age-old DODGE. I'm sure the schools could devise a law lesson plan, that they could agree would cover the essentials, without too much difficulty, and I'm sure that you're sure about that too. Have a nice day.

Please highlight where I have been wrong. Specifically , what did I say and in what post did I say it?

You have hell bent on proving yourself in an argument you are apparently having with yourself.

I am a public school teacher with 19 years in the classroom and as an administrator. I am certified to teach social studies in middle and high school in two states. I lived in Florida for 10 of those 19 years. I was involved in numerous car accidents and even defended my daughter in court when a cop tried to cite her for being the victim of a drunk driver.

What have you got? Google and an overactive imagination is all I see.

Obviously, YOU are very agitated, and trying to relieve yourself of that agitation, by pretending that I am agitated, and bordering on mental illness. I'm not agitated one iota. Or mentally ill, in any way. I feel perfectly fine, thank you. I wrote an OP asking teachers a question. So ?

I started out as a stupid question and had gotten even more stupid with each post.

I started out as a stupid question and had gotten even more stupid with each post.

By now, anyone reading all this can easily comprehend that you lost this debate long ago, by a mile, but you have a huge ego that won;t allow your to concede defeat.

EARTH TO ADMIRAL: As the Rock of WWE fame would say "IT DOESN'T MATTER" if you concede or not. You got beat. Badly. Next time, maybe you won't be so quick to speak out on something you don't know about.

Please highlight where I have been wrong. Specifically , what did I say and in what post did I say it?

You asked me this before, and I already told you. I challenged you on the car crash laws, and you gave no response. You didn't know them. You handed in a BLANK paper. So what do you do Mr. Teacher, when your student hands you a blank paper with no answers on it ? You give him a zero, right ? Your grade. precisely.

And please don't pretend you don't remember, and have to have me tell you the Post #. YOU KNOW you got asked, and couldn't answer, and I wouldn't doubt if you STILL don't know, even now. :laugh:

Post # 26 >>> "And since you want to come in here and shoot your mouth off, I'll challenge YOU also, to answer the question I just gave to Jillian. Lets see if you have the foggiest idea of this subject matter."

Last edited:

You asked me this before, and I already told you. I challenged you on the car crash laws, and you gave no response. You didn't know them. You handed in a BLANK paper. So what do you do Mr. Teacher, when your student hands you a blank paper with no answers on it ? You give him a zero, right ? Your grade. precisely.

And please don't pretend you don't remember, and have to have me tell you the Post #. YOU KNOW you got asked, and couldn't answer, and I wouldn't doubt if you STILL don't know, even now. :laugh:

Post # 26 >>> "And since you want to come in here and shoot your mouth off, I'll challenge YOU also, to answer the question I just gave to Jillian. Lets see if you have the foggiest idea of this subject matter."

Why should I answer a stupid, idiotic question from the likes of you? I don't work for you and you have no idea about me or my background.

Your question has no bearing on me or about 99.99999% of Americans who do not have traffic accidents where no law enforcement persons are available.

It is just stupid beyond belief.

By now, anyone reading all this can easily comprehend that you lost this debate long ago, by a mile, but you have a huge ego that won;t allow your to concede defeat.

EARTH TO ADMIRAL: As the Rock of WWE fame would say "IT DOESN'T MATTER" if you concede or not. You got beat. Badly. Next time, maybe you won't be so quick to speak out on something you don't know about.

You are simply delusional. Seek help. Please! Get Mommy to pull the plug on your computer.

You are simply delusional. Seek help. Please! Get Mommy to pull the plug on your computer.
What a coincidence . I was just thinking exactly that about you.

Well. hopefully some teenage kid won't sneak up behind and smash your skull with a tire iron. You know, that one who never was told it's a crime. You don't realize how ignorant these kids are.

Why should I answer a stupid, idiotic question from the likes of you? I don't work for you and you have no idea about me or my background.
Your question has no bearing on me or about 99.99999% of Americans who do not have traffic accidents where no law enforcement persons are available.
Yeah, Because if you did answer it, you'd have to concede that I was right and you were clueless. The question has 100% bearing on you and everyone, anywhere, who drives a car. The teaching of the assault & battery laws have 100% bearing on you, and everyone.

Stop talking stupid. I've already started 4 new OPs in 4 forums, since you first showed up here to make a fool out of yourself. Time for you to go home and give it a rest.

Yeah, Because if you did answer it, you'd have to concede that I was right and you were clueless. The question has 100% bearing on you and everyone, anywhere, who drives a car. The teaching of the assault & battery laws have 100% bearing on you, and everyone.

Stop talking stupid. I've already started 4 new OPs in 4 forums, since you first showed up here to make a fool out of yourself. Time for you to go home and give it a rest.

Do you wear a condom 24/7/365 on the infinitesimal chance you might catch a social disease?

That is the kind of logic, or lack thereof, that you are displaying. You need help.

I will waste no more of my time trying to convince you of what you apparently already know.

Forum List

Back