Teacher Tells Student He Can Be Arrested for Speaking Ill of Obama

When I was in high school, I had one social studies teacher tell me that the Allied Powers would have never won against Hitler if America had not jumped in. Then I had another social studies teacher tell us that the Allied Powers would have won anyways without America.

One was wrong....I guess they should have been fired.

Actually all your teachers should have been fired for not teaching you the difference between a fact and an opinion.

Did that SS teacher tell him if he talked bad about Obama he would be arrested?

How does a woman this ignorant receive a teaching certificate? Honestly, is it any wonder students are coming out of high school dumb and ignorant when this is the caliber of those "educating" them?

SPENCER — After reviewing a video in which a North Rowan High School teacher tells a student he can be arrested for speaking ill of President Barack Obama, the Rowan-Salisbury School System said it can be a learning experience.

Meanwhile, an expert on politics at Catawba College says the social studies teacher just doesn’t have her facts straight when she insists speaking your mind about a president can get you charged with a criminal offense.

Although two students provided the name of the teacher, the Post is not publishing it because officials within the school system would not confirm her identity and she could not be reached for comment.

The video captures audio of the dispute but does not show the teacher or anyone else. It appears to have been shot with a phone or other device as the camera pointed at the ceiling the entire time.

Rowan-Salisbury spokeswoman Rita Foil confirmed the teacher is still employed with the district and has not been suspended for disciplinary reasons. Foil emailed this statement to a Post reporter Friday on behalf of the school system

“The Rowan-Salisbury School System expects all students and employees to be respectful in the school environment and for all teachers to maintain their professionalism in the classroom. This incident should serve as an education for all teachers to stop and reflect on their interaction with students.

“Due to personnel and student confidentiality, we cannot discuss the matter publicly.”

The nearly 10-minute video, shot by a student and uploaded to YouTube on Monday, had been viewed more than 1,000 times by Friday afternoon.

Video stirs debate on teacher's actions in North class | Salisbury, NC - Salisbury Post

Link to the video is below

Teacher yells at student because of a question he asked about Obama! - YouTube

^ i like Obumba.. i wonder who he is and where he was born? :confused:

When I was in high school, I had one social studies teacher tell me that the Allied Powers would have never won against Hitler if America had not jumped in. Then I had another social studies teacher tell us that the Allied Powers would have won anyways without America.

Actually all your teachers should have been fired for not teaching you the difference between a fact and an opinion.

I would take any of them over you in a New York minute.

Whoever failed to teach you the difference between opinion and fact should definitely be fired.

Beat me to it rep. :lol:

I swear I hadn't read this yet.

My sons girlfriend in high school had a teacher act like a complete asshole for Bush.
Everything on the walls was about Bush and even in an election year she would NOT allow any questioning of Bush's actions

My sons girlfriend in high school had a teacher act like a complete asshole for Bush.
Everything on the walls was about Bush and even in an election year she would NOT allow any questioning of Bush's actions

You're a lying sack of shit.

Still.

No she fucking did not

No she didn't say that. You are correct, some of these people criticizing the teacher didn't even listen to the vid.

Im an sick to death of the right doing nothing but lying
all you do on this board every day is lie. Everyone has caught on. HENCE you have no rep and are in the negative. GET A CLUE.. We just laugh at you. You add nothing to this board of substance.. :eusa_whistle:

How does a woman this ignorant receive a teaching certificate? Honestly, is it any wonder students are coming out of high school dumb and ignorant when this is the caliber of those "educating" them?

SPENCER — After reviewing a video in which a North Rowan High School teacher tells a student he can be arrested for speaking ill of President Barack Obama, the Rowan-Salisbury School System said it can be a learning experience.

Meanwhile, an expert on politics at Catawba College says the social studies teacher just doesn’t have her facts straight when she insists speaking your mind about a president can get you charged with a criminal offense.

Although two students provided the name of the teacher, the Post is not publishing it because officials within the school system would not confirm her identity and she could not be reached for comment.

The video captures audio of the dispute but does not show the teacher or anyone else. It appears to have been shot with a phone or other device as the camera pointed at the ceiling the entire time.

Rowan-Salisbury spokeswoman Rita Foil confirmed the teacher is still employed with the district and has not been suspended for disciplinary reasons. Foil emailed this statement to a Post reporter Friday on behalf of the school system

“The Rowan-Salisbury School System expects all students and employees to be respectful in the school environment and for all teachers to maintain their professionalism in the classroom. This incident should serve as an education for all teachers to stop and reflect on their interaction with students.

“Due to personnel and student confidentiality, we cannot discuss the matter publicly.”

The nearly 10-minute video, shot by a student and uploaded to YouTube on Monday, had been viewed more than 1,000 times by Friday afternoon.

Video stirs debate on teacher's actions in North class | Salisbury, NC - Salisbury Post
Link to the video is below

Teacher yells at student because of a question he asked about Obama! - YouTube

I, for one, am thrilled that LWC got a job. You guys are just mean..don't you know it's treason to ask about the president, PERIOD? We're at war, dammit! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sure. Learning is painful and difficult.
You understand the problem here, right?

Or #3

You've done enough shit in your lifetime you're gong to walk up to those pearly gates

And go "OMG I could have partied more??????????" KKKKKKKKKKKKKeeeeding.

No she didn't say that. You are correct, some of these people criticizing the teacher didn't even listen to the vid.

Im an sick to death of the right doing nothing but lying
all you do on this board every day is lie. Everyone has caught on. HENCE you have no rep and are in the negative. GET A CLUE.. We just laugh at you. You add nothing to this board of substance.. :eusa_whistle:

Go get one lie of mine you fucking lying piece of shit.

This is what these shit heads do all day long.

spew fucking lies and then call the people bringing facts into their lie filled world liars.

Forum List

Back