Teacher Tells Student He Can Be Arrested for Speaking Ill of Obama

Hey, she sure sounds like her anyway. :eusa_whistle:

Keep explaining, it was simply a stupid comment on your part.

Does that mean you want to arrest me too?

PS: It's ok to admit you don't remember the woman I was referring to.

Of course I don't want you arrested, nobody even hears what you have to say anyway. It's like oh.. mani's mouth was moving again, so did you get to see the eclipse?

As someone pointed out both the teacher and the students are saying the word "shit"? In class? At least I think it's the teacher. She could be an aid in charge of the study room. Who knows? But neither Democrats nor Republicans would approve of the language and the discussion is a mistake.
And Obama didn't bully a girl in high school. As a little boy he pushed a little girl who said she liked him. As if that doesn't happen all the time. But he remembers it and owns it.
Romney got 5 young men to hold down another young man who Romney didn't approve of so he could assault him. The only one of the 7 who can't remember? We call that a pussy.

What that shows is that Romney will step on anybody and anything. In his world, "others" don't matter. We've seen it again and again and his comments only underscore his feelings towards anyone not rich and like him. Republicans are 90% white, so they think they are "safe". Think again. Mitt is for rich people. Most of ya'll are NOT rich.

She said it was social studies. I went to Catholic school and one priest used to swear all the time. Kids swear a lot these days everywhere.

If my kids were still young enough to be in school and a teacher was swearing, I would be down there in a minute. School is supposed to be a place of learning. Not mysticism, not politics, not sex, and not swearing. But learning.

One thing Republicans don't seem to understand is there is more to learning than reading, writing and, 'rithmatic. Good teachers cost money. You can't strip the schools of funding and then complain the schools are no good. Well, if you're Republican you can. But it doesn't make sense.

Obama = America

Obedience to Obama is Patriotic

:salute:

Actually, that women, whoever she was, said it's not right to talk about ANY president in a derogatory way in school. Then she spoils it by saying the word "shit".

As someone pointed out both the teacher and the students are saying the word "shit"? In class? At least I think it's the teacher. She could be an aid in charge of the study room. Who knows? But neither Democrats nor Republicans would approve of the language and the discussion is a mistake.
And Obama didn't bully a girl in high school. As a little boy he pushed a little girl who said she liked him. As if that doesn't happen all the time. But he remembers it and owns it.
Romney got 5 young men to hold down another young man who Romney didn't approve of so he could assault him. The only one of the 7 who can't remember? We call that a pussy.

What that shows is that Romney will step on anybody and anything. In his world, "others" don't matter. We've seen it again and again and his comments only underscore his feelings towards anyone not rich and like him. Republicans are 90% white, so they think they are "safe". Think again. Mitt is for rich people. Most of ya'll are NOT rich.

She said it was social studies. I went to Catholic school and one priest used to swear all the time. Kids swear a lot these days everywhere.

If my kids were still young enough to be in school and a teacher was swearing, I would be down there in a minute. School is supposed to be a place of learning. Not mysticism, not politics, not sex, and not swearing. But learning.

One thing Republicans don't seem to understand is there is more to learning than reading, writing and, 'rithmatic. Good teachers cost money. You can't strip the schools of funding and then complain the schools are no good. Well, if you're Republican you can. But it doesn't make sense.

NO school has been stripped of funding. Lack of funding is not the problem with schools. Unions are the problem with schools. This teacher will not be fired because she is protected by a union.

I'd love to hear more about those people who were "arrested" for talking shit on Pres. Bush. :confused:

This woman is a moron. But what students (and adults) fail to understand is that there are limits to free speech in a classroom. If I hear a student disrespecting ANYONE - from the POTUS to the principal - I ask them to stop. If they do not, they are asked to leave.

This teacher must have missed that class in college - amongst others. :cuckoo:

The things people get away with saying about this president could be a good discussion in class. He's been called all kinds of disrespectful names and accused of being a murderer, terrorist, a real live monster.. His wife too. Same with Clinton and his wife.

If anyone said these terrible things about the Republican presidents, oh my goodness. There would be hell to pay especially around here. And we'd better not try and say anything about Laura.. :eek:

I think it would be a very good thing if Rush and Hannity were arrested. Maybe Beck too.

you do know all that actually did happen.

and please enlighten us as to what word crimes they committed.

I'd love to hear more about those people who were "arrested" for talking shit on Pres. Bush. :confused:

This woman is a moron. But what students (and adults) fail to understand is that there are limits to free speech in a classroom. If I hear a student disrespecting ANYONE - from the POTUS to the principal - I ask them to stop. If they do not, they are asked to leave.

We you can't get fired, your skills diminish.

when the school gets flushed with money and the only thing that happens is the unions adding on more levels of administrators, you learn that it's all about power too the union and not educating the children.

How does a woman this ignorant receive a teaching certificate? Honestly, is it any wonder students are coming out of high school dumb and ignorant when this is the caliber of those "educating" them?

SPENCER — After reviewing a video in which a North Rowan High School teacher tells a student he can be arrested for speaking ill of President Barack Obama, the Rowan-Salisbury School System said it can be a learning experience.

Meanwhile, an expert on politics at Catawba College says the social studies teacher just doesn’t have her facts straight when she insists speaking your mind about a president can get you charged with a criminal offense.

Although two students provided the name of the teacher, the Post is not publishing it because officials within the school system would not confirm her identity and she could not be reached for comment.

The video captures audio of the dispute but does not show the teacher or anyone else. It appears to have been shot with a phone or other device as the camera pointed at the ceiling the entire time.

Rowan-Salisbury spokeswoman Rita Foil confirmed the teacher is still employed with the district and has not been suspended for disciplinary reasons. Foil emailed this statement to a Post reporter Friday on behalf of the school system

“The Rowan-Salisbury School System expects all students and employees to be respectful in the school environment and for all teachers to maintain their professionalism in the classroom. This incident should serve as an education for all teachers to stop and reflect on their interaction with students.

“Due to personnel and student confidentiality, we cannot discuss the matter publicly.”

The nearly 10-minute video, shot by a student and uploaded to YouTube on Monday, had been viewed more than 1,000 times by Friday afternoon.

Video stirs debate on teacher's actions in North class | Salisbury, NC - Salisbury Post

Link to the video is below

Teacher yells at student because of a question he asked about Obama! - YouTube

What kind of class is this. The teacher is clearly incompetent.

Social studies. I think she says so somewhere in there.
Yes, she is grossly incompetent but will remain because of union protection.

I didn't hear him disrespecting the POTUS, did you??

NO school has been stripped of funding. Lack of funding is not the problem with schools. Unions are the problem with schools. This teacher will not be fired because she is protected by a union.

ELBERTON, Ga. -- Even after cutting the school week to four days to save money, Elbert County’s cash-strapped school board may close two of the county’s five elementary schools.

Lacking cash, Ga. county may close schools | The Augusta Chronicle

WHY YOU SO FUCKING STUPID??????????????

You sit in front of the Internet.. USE IT FUCKTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every state Republicans took over are going through the SAME DAMN SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have little patience with your kind. There is no excuse.

ELBERTON, Ga. -- Even after cutting the school week to four days to save money, Elbert County’s cash-strapped school board may close two of the county’s five elementary schools.

Every state Republicans took over are going through the SAME DAMN SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should money continue to be pumped into something that's a failure, i.e. public education. You know - your Alma Mater, dumb-ass.

Well yea, the residents in Elbert County don't have jobs!! They don't have any money to pay taxes to keep schools open...............yea, I read that in your link. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elberton Georgia? Really? That's your entire proof?
And you call me stupid. You are almost as bad as JakeStarkey.

When I was in high school, I had one social studies teacher tell me that the Allied Powers would have never won against Hitler if America had not jumped in. Then I had another social studies teacher tell us that the Allied Powers would have won anyways without America.

One was wrong....I guess they should have been fired.

Forum List

Back