Teacher Tells Student He Can Be Arrested for Speaking Ill of Obama

How does a woman this ignorant receive a teaching certificate? Honestly, is it any wonder students are coming out of high school dumb and ignorant when this is the caliber of those "educating" them?

SPENCER — After reviewing a video in which a North Rowan High School teacher tells a student he can be arrested for speaking ill of President Barack Obama, the Rowan-Salisbury School System said it can be a learning experience.

Meanwhile, an expert on politics at Catawba College says the social studies teacher just doesn’t have her facts straight when she insists speaking your mind about a president can get you charged with a criminal offense.

Although two students provided the name of the teacher, the Post is not publishing it because officials within the school system would not confirm her identity and she could not be reached for comment.

The video captures audio of the dispute but does not show the teacher or anyone else. It appears to have been shot with a phone or other device as the camera pointed at the ceiling the entire time.

Rowan-Salisbury spokeswoman Rita Foil confirmed the teacher is still employed with the district and has not been suspended for disciplinary reasons. Foil emailed this statement to a Post reporter Friday on behalf of the school system

“The Rowan-Salisbury School System expects all students and employees to be respectful in the school environment and for all teachers to maintain their professionalism in the classroom. This incident should serve as an education for all teachers to stop and reflect on their interaction with students.

“Due to personnel and student confidentiality, we cannot discuss the matter publicly.”

The nearly 10-minute video, shot by a student and uploaded to YouTube on Monday, had been viewed more than 1,000 times by Friday afternoon.

Video stirs debate on teacher's actions in North class | Salisbury, NC - Salisbury Post

Link to the video is below

Teacher yells at student because of a question he asked about Obama! - YouTube

Why did you LIE about what this SS teacher said?

How does a woman this ignorant receive a teaching certificate? Honestly, is it any wonder students are coming out of high school dumb and ignorant when this is the caliber of those "educating" them?

I'm more concerned about the complete lack of discipline and respect for the teacher in that class than I am about her stupid statements. She has NO control --- and they are all acting like total asses.

SPENCER — After reviewing a video in which a North Rowan High School teacher tells a student he can be arrested for speaking ill of President Barack Obama, the Rowan-Salisbury School System said it can be a learning experience.

Meanwhile, an expert on politics at Catawba College says the social studies teacher just doesn’t have her facts straight when she insists speaking your mind about a president can get you charged with a criminal offense.

Although two students provided the name of the teacher, the Post is not publishing it because officials within the school system would not confirm her identity and she could not be reached for comment.

The video captures audio of the dispute but does not show the teacher or anyone else. It appears to have been shot with a phone or other device as the camera pointed at the ceiling the entire time.

Rowan-Salisbury spokeswoman Rita Foil confirmed the teacher is still employed with the district and has not been suspended for disciplinary reasons. Foil emailed this statement to a Post reporter Friday on behalf of the school system

“The Rowan-Salisbury School System expects all students and employees to be respectful in the school environment and for all teachers to maintain their professionalism in the classroom. This incident should serve as an education for all teachers to stop and reflect on their interaction with students.

“Due to personnel and student confidentiality, we cannot discuss the matter publicly.”

The nearly 10-minute video, shot by a student and uploaded to YouTube on Monday, had been viewed more than 1,000 times by Friday afternoon.

Video stirs debate on teacher's actions in North class | Salisbury, NC - Salisbury Post
Link to the video is below

I, for one, am thrilled that LWC got a job. You guys are just mean..don't you know it's treason to ask about the president, PERIOD? We're at war, dammit! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bush evil bad horrid in the dead of night Kerry quote.

Obama good killer Obama good. Obama good kill.

It's freaking unreal.

I'm more concerned about the complete lack of discipline and respect for the teacher in that class than I am about her stupid statements. She has NO control --- and they are all acting like total asses.

Yes, the general atmosphere in the class bothered me as well, particularly the language. Of course, it's hard to respect someone who is a complete boob.

Let me get this straight. This public school "teacher" tells her students people have been arrested for disrespecting the President, which is a lie, then tells them no Presidents, past or present, will be disrespected in her classroom.

Kid "Whenever Bush was president, everybody talked sh-t about him.”

Teacher replies "Because he was shitty".

:eek:

Yea, putting government in charge of education in America is a wonderful idea :cuckoo:

Whoa geeze and bang on the money!

My daughter is out of McMaster Up here. She doesn't want to go back in the classroom again. And she does know what to do, but hell's bells the unions have the teachers tied up in knots.

Last edited:
This is what these shit heads do all day long.

spew fucking lies and then call the people bringing facts into their lie filled world liars.

Several people has pointed them out over and over. I am not going to waste my time because all you do is either ignore them or make up another lie. So , it is pointless

Let me get this straight. This public school "teacher" tells her students people have been arrested for disrespecting the President, which is a lie, then tells them no Presidents, past or present, will be disrespected in her classroom.

Kid "Whenever Bush was president, everybody talked sh-t about him.”

Teacher replies "Because he was shitty".

:eek:

Yea, putting government in charge of education in America is a wonderful idea :cuckoo:

Who's the teacher? Let's put her face round the world.

That's right up there with the teacher that told a grade school kid that if McCain won her daddy wouldn't come home from war for a hundred years.

and they wonder why we need to toss the unions...

Toss the unions? :lol:

I'd hate to see what these private christian schools tell those kids.

That's the wonderful thing about private education. If you don't like what a christian school teaches, you can go elsewhere. This is not the case with a government monopoly on affordable education...where we end up with ignorant teachers incapable of forming a complete, grammatically correct sentences who cannot be fired. You sheeple deserve to be "taught" by a fool like this.

Last edited:

Yes, the general atmosphere in the class bothered me as well, particularly the language. Of course, it's hard to respect someone who is a complete boob.
Well, I was raised different than these little punks I guess. I couldn't even make out what the teacher was saying at first because of all the talk and laughing going on between those kids.

That's what pissed me off long before she said anything about 'disrespecting' the President.

Years ago, I had a teacher call me --- and wake me up dammit --- to tell me my daughter had been disrespectful to her in front of the class. I was beyond pissed off, and told the teacher that I would certainly take care of that on my end ... then asked about daughter being sent to the office, receiving a detention or whatever.

Teacher tells me, "Oh no. I don't punish students for speaking their mind. They have the right to say what they want."

I was furious. I informed her that my children were taught to be respectful of their teachers and this had never happened before and it sure as hell wouldn't happen again. (and it didn't)

She argued with me, and so I just asked her why did she even bother to call me --- and wake me up, dammit --- if she wasn't willing to demand respect and discipline on her end.

When I was groing up in the '60's, we were told to always respect your elders, your leaders and each other. If you did not you were disciplined by spankings or detention. I see things have not changed much

Some think brains are only for filling with mountains of information.

You see its much better to teach kids to THINK and WORK IDEAS out in their heads.

Then they can make use of the mountains of data that they an retrive in many ways in todays world.

Our brains are NOT just info retainers

Forum List

Back