Teacher stops school shooting

And he didn't need a gun.

this time.......but 1.6 million other people do need guns.....

Stop with the fake 1.6 already.

Not fake....it comes from actual research.....not looking through the entrails of animals......16 studies, and there are more, done by independent, separate researchers, both government and private, neutral to anti gun in their starting points, done over a 40 year period............by economists, criminologists, and other researchers.......

the average number of defensive gun uses stopping or preventing violent criminal attack and saving lives is 1.6 million...and that is only averaging the 16 studies, there are even more studies that I haven't found a link to......

15 studies say 1.6 is wrong.

And could you show a link......because I have shown my link over and over again......and the studies you are probably referencing are about lowering the crime rate with carry laws.....the one I posted in the John Lott Paper.......and there are 18 studies that disagree with that........

the Teachers at Sandy Hook did need a gun.....and didn't have it.......

Two stopped school shootings ago you said it can't happen....

Brain....I posted an entire article by several people....one by Massad Ayoob who pointed out the times where people stopped attacks empty handed and then the other cases ....so please....don't try to lie about my position or statements......just because you are wrong on everything you post....don't blame me......

Yes Ayoob said it doesnt happen too. Real expert that guy. He just wants more guns sold.

Never said it can't happen.....I said you guys shouldn't be allowed to mandate that that is the only way people will be allowed to stop school shooters or other mass shooters.......since this is the rare event and not the rule.......

So your story changes now. Go figure.

Brain...my story never changed....you are the one that wants unarmed people charging mass shooters with guns, not me.....I just said your belief that that is the best way to deal with a mass shooter is just stupid........and I believe I pointed out that "luck" is no way to stop a mass shooter.....

That's not what I have said. I said it has happened and can happen. Again in this case you were proven wrong. So much for you experts saying it can't eh?

And which experts said that it can't happen....you are lying.....sad......I will get the Massad Ayoob article I posted that specifically spoke about the long island shooting...where the guy ran out of ammo, and the gabby giffords shooting...where luck allowed them to subdue the guy....and there were at least 2 concealed carriers ready to deal with the guy....

So stop trying to lie about what I post........

Link us to him claiming it can not happen, then link us to the 15 supposed studies that say less firearms used in stopping crime. You know prove your claim.

this time.......but 1.6 million other people do need guns.....

Stop with the fake 1.6 already.

Not fake....it comes from actual research.....not looking through the entrails of animals......16 studies, and there are more, done by independent, separate researchers, both government and private, neutral to anti gun in their starting points, done over a 40 year period............by economists, criminologists, and other researchers.......

the average number of defensive gun uses stopping or preventing violent criminal attack and saving lives is 1.6 million...and that is only averaging the 16 studies, there are even more studies that I haven't found a link to......

15 studies say 1.6 is wrong.

And could you show a link......because I have shown my link over and over again......and the studies you are probably referencing are about lowering the crime rate with carry laws.....the one I posted in the John Lott Paper.......and there are 18 studies that disagree with that........

They are your studies actually. Of the 16 I think one agrees with 1.6? The 15 others say 1.6 is wrong.

Brain....I posted an entire article by several people....one by Massad Ayoob who pointed out the times where people stopped attacks empty handed and then the other cases ....so please....don't try to lie about my position or statements......just because you are wrong on everything you post....don't blame me......

Yes Ayoob said it doesnt happen too. Real expert that guy. He just wants more guns sold.

brain...that is a lie........he talked about the few times it happens and pointed out that that isn't the way you want to form gun policy.....liar.....

Link us to him claiming it can not happen, then link us to the 15 supposed studies that say less firearms used in stopping crime. You know prove your claim.

Taguy has the link with him and the studies.

brain...that is a lie........he talked about the few times it happens and pointed out that that isn't the way you want to form gun policy.....liar.....

his message was that shooters can't be stopped by unarmed people. He wants to sell more guns.

his message was that shooters can't be stopped by unarmed people. He wants to sell more guns.

Brain....did you take a liar pill....here are three articles I posted by massad ayoob......not to mention what I have posted.......did you fall and hit your head....?

Disarming Mass Murderers American Handgunner

gives reasons why disarming gunmen difficult at best

Masaad ayoobs testimony from Colorado mag ban hearings...

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/li..._032508_062614-Krieger-Opinion-Outfitters.pdf

And Bearing arms on mag limits....Sandy Hook false meme...

Bearing ArmsDemocrat Lawmakers Fail To Provide Factual Support For High Capacity Magazine Clip Bill - Bearing Arms

Brain....did you take a liar pill....here are three articles I posted by massad ayoob......not to mention what I have posted.......did you fall and hit your head....?

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/li..._032508_062614-Krieger-Opinion-Outfitters.pdf

Bearing ArmsDemocrat Lawmakers Fail To Provide Factual Support For High Capacity Magazine Clip Bill - Bearing Arms

Yes he goes on about how unlikely it is. It has happened twice since you shared that link the first time.

So is it from the Lott paper...in which case it isn't about how many happen each year but that concealed carry can lower crime rates....18 say yes, 16 or so say no effect, 1 says it increases crime rates.........

So is it from the Lott paper...in which case it isn't about how many happen each year but that concealed carry can lower crime rates....18 say yes, 16 or so say no effect, 1 says it increases crime rates.........

No there are 15 dgu studies that say 1.6 is wrong.

Yes he goes on about how unlikely it is. It has happened twice since you shared that link the first time.

So he didn't say it never happened....right? You made that up....or were mistaken....right? And a lot more unarmed people are killed by criminals with guns and can't disarm them empty handed................when it does happen it is only because of really, really good luck on the part of these people....even at the giffords shooting....and the long island shooting.....

and your link to them.........I have 16 that I can point to even though there are more, but I can't link to them....so.......

So he didn't say it never happened....right? You made that up....or were mistaken....right? And a lot more unarmed people are killed by criminals with guns and can't disarm them empty handed................when it does happen it is only because of really, really good luck on the part of these people....even at the giffords shooting....and the long island shooting.....

He is saying it's nearly impossible. That was two stopped school shootings ago. So yes he is wrong. I'm just glad nobody was hurt honestly.

and your link to them.........I have 16 that I can point to even though there are more, but I can't link to them....so.......

They are your 16. Do any of them say there are 1.6 DGUs each year?

Last edited:

He is saying it's nearly impossible. That was two stopped school shootings ago. So yes he is wrong. I'm just glad nobody was hurt honestly.

8-9,000 gun murders a year say it is nearly impossible........and how many mass shooters were stopped vs. how many weren't stopped by unarmed victims....

Brain.....charging a shooter empty handed should not be the goal of gun laws......

8-9,000 gun murders a year say it is nearly impossible........and how many mass shooters were stopped vs. how many weren't stopped by unarmed victims....

Brain.....charging a shooter empty handed should not be the goal of gun laws......

I see no problem with gun laws that make it more likely to happen.

They are your 16. Do any of then say there are 1.6 DGUs each year?

Here is the list of 16 studies...

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717
DMIa 1978...2,141,512
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68
Kleck...2.5 million

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Mauser...1990...1,487,342

Gallup...1993...1,621,377

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

So....actually gallup...you know.....that right wing pro gun polling organization actually had the number at 1.6, but at least 5 others were well over 1.6....

Forum List

Back