Teacher stops school shooting

the clinton Dept. of Justice study put it at 1.5 million....just shy of the 1.6 average.....

You do realize brain that the kid wasn't shooting at people....he was just shooting into the air when he was tackled.....making your whole argument one less incident than you actually had.....it happens...you think you have a point and it just disappears.....................

Taguy has the link with him and the studies.

So is it from the Lott paper...in which case it isn't about how many happen each year but that concealed carry can lower crime rates....18 say yes, 16 or so say no effect, 1 says it increases crime rates.........

No there are 15 dgu studies that say 1.6 is wrong.

and your link to them.........I have 16 that I can point to even though there are more, but I can't link to them....so.......

They are your 16. Do any of then say there are 1.6 DGUs each year?

Here is the list of 16 studies...

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717
DMIa 1978...2,141,512
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68
Kleck...2.5 million

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Mauser...1990...1,487,342

Gallup...1993...1,621,377

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

So....actually gallup...you know.....that right wing pro gun polling organization actually had the number at 1.6, but at least 5 others were well over 1.6....

So one agrees with you. So 15 studies say your 1.6 is wrong.

The kid didn't shoot at anyone when he was tackled...he was shooting into the air.........

from the story....

The shooter started firing into the air at 7:30 a.m. in a common area of the school, witnesses and police told NBC affiliate KING5. Witnesses told the station that a teacher then tackled the teen.

So....nice try brain...come back when you have a real story......

You do realize brain that the kid wasn't shooting at people....he was just shooting into the air when he was tackled.....making your whole argument one less incident than you actually had.....it happens...you think you have a point and it just disappears.....................

Because he was stopped before he shot people? Wow you are amazing.

The kid didn't shoot at anyone when he was tackled...he was shooting into the air.........

from the story....

The shooter started firing into the air at 7:30 a.m. in a common area of the school, witnesses and police told NBC affiliate KING5. Witnesses told the station that a teacher then tackled the teen.

I'm sure he had a gun for the best intentions. Wow it's amazing how low you will go.

So is it from the Lott paper...in which case it isn't about how many happen each year but that concealed carry can lower crime rates....18 say yes, 16 or so say no effect, 1 says it increases crime rates.........

and your link to them.........I have 16 that I can point to even though there are more, but I can't link to them....so.......

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

So....actually gallup...you know.....that right wing pro gun polling organization actually had the number at 1.6, but at least 5 others were well over 1.6....

actually 7 say 1.6 or higher .......again....I made it very clear the 1.6 is an average of all the studies.........and not one is lower than 764,000........

from the story....

I'm sure he had a gun for the best intentions. Wow it's amazing how low you will go.

brain....if he isn't shooting at people.......when he obviously is actually shooting...odds are he didn't plan on actually shooting anyone......still gutsy on the part of the teacher...but not at the level of Columbine or the reall shooters who actually planned on killing lots of people.....

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

actually 7 say 1.6 or higher .......again....I made it very clear the 1.6 is an average of all the studies.........and not one is lower than 764,000........

So 15 say the 1.6 is wrong. 9 say it is lower. That equals the 1.6 being BS.

Apparently he could have shot people...but chose to shoot at the ceiling first.......so again....try over.....

from the story....

brain....if he isn't shooting at people.......when he obviously is actually shooting...odds are he didn't plan on actually shooting anyone......still gutsy on the part of the teacher...but not at the level of Columbine or the reall shooters who actually planned on killing lots of people.....

You don't have a gun unless you plan to shoot people. Wow you are low.

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

They never said anything about the average of all of their studies brain....they each have their own number......Kleck...when he saw the other studies decided to tighten up the research methods.....and he came up with 2.5 million......you could call gallup...they did 2 separate studies....ask them their methods.........

Apparently he could have shot people...but chose to shoot at the ceiling first.......so again....try over.....

Sure and i guess any defenses where the bad guy didn't shoot he had no intention to right?

Sure and i guess any defenses where the bad guy didn't shoot he had no intention to right?

Did I say that......? What got you so pissy........?this guy did shoot....and had people close to him he could have shot right then and there.....and shot the ceiling instead......so you tell me if he intended to actually shoot people if he didn't shoot people he could have easily shot.............

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

They never said anything about the average of all of their studies brain....they each have their own number......Kleck...when he saw the other studies decided to tighten up the research methods.....and he came up with 2.5 million......you could call gallup...they did 2 separate studies....ask them their methods.........

Well averaging is moronic. 15 studies disagree with your 1.6. 9 studies say it is lower.

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Well averaging is moronic. 15 studies disagree with your 1.6. 9 studies say it is lower.

Which studies are those? And who did them...?

Did I say that......? What got you so pissy........?this guy did shoot....and had people close to him he could have shot right then and there.....and shot the ceiling instead......so you tell me if he intended to actually shoot people if he didn't shoot people he could have easily shot.............

Thats what you are saying. You seem to think he had good intentions with this gun. You know he wasn't going to shoot people eh?

Which studies are those? And who did them...?

You just posted them scroll up.

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Ahh the usual lying misquoting and playing word games. The AVERAGE is 1.6 from them all and a that means some of them clearly cite MORE then 1.6 million. You haven't a leg to stand on just like last time you try to play games with words to obfuscate and deny facts.

Forum List

Back