Tea Party Would Cut $9 Trillion

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
1.2 trillion over 10 years? A mere pittance! 9 Trillion? Now we're talkin'!:
Exclusive: Tea Party Would Cut $9 Trillion - US News and World Report
Their plan would cut spending by $9.7 trillion, and shrink the federal government from 24 percent of GDP to 17.5 percent, in line with the post-war norm. Key initiatives include:

• Repealing the president's health care reform plan.
  • Eliminating four cabinet agencies: Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce and Education, and reducing or privatizing the EPA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and TSA. (I'm holding up 4 fingers Gov. Perry)
  • Ending farm subsidies, foreign aid to unfriendly nations, and student loans, or what the Tea Party report called "luxuries we can no longer afford."
  • Suspending pension contributions and cost of living adjustments to lawmakers when the budget is running a deficit.
  • Killing all congressional earmarks.
  • Cut federal employee pay by 10 percent and slash employee travel to $4 billion, half of what was spent in 2000.
  • Make the Bush tax cuts and the alternative minimum tax permanent.
The only thing I see missing is to End the Fed, at least how it operates now.

Teabithers think they want to return to the bronze age. Because it sounds "shiny".

Privatize the EPA???
Like putting the gator in charge of the henhouse.
Right. Because never had clean drinking water before Nixon created a bloated gov't bureaucracy to "protect" it.
Teabithers think they want to return to the bronze age. Because it sounds "shiny".
rdean has nothing intelligent or constructive to add? What a surprise!

I'm not sure exactly how you privatize the EPA. Personally, I'm not sure a federal EPA is needed anyway. Pretty much every state has its own environmental board of some sort to monitor those things anyway and if two or more states have a conflict over environmental issues that's what the courts are for.

1.2 trillion over 10 years? A mere pittance! 9 Trillion? Now we're talkin'!:
Exclusive: Tea Party Would Cut $9 Trillion - US News and World Report
Their plan would cut spending by $9.7 trillion, and shrink the federal government from 24 percent of GDP to 17.5 percent, in line with the post-war norm. Key initiatives include:

• Repealing the president's health care reform plan.
  • Eliminating four cabinet agencies: Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce and Education, and reducing or privatizing the EPA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and TSA. (I'm holding up 4 fingers Gov. Perry)
  • Ending farm subsidies, foreign aid to unfriendly nations, and student loans, or what the Tea Party report called "luxuries we can no longer afford."
  • Suspending pension contributions and cost of living adjustments to lawmakers when the budget is running a deficit.
  • Killing all congressional earmarks.
  • Cut federal employee pay by 10 percent and slash employee travel to $4 billion, half of what was spent in 2000.
  • Make the Bush tax cuts and the alternative minimum tax permanent.
The only thing I see missing is to End the Fed, at least how it operates now.

Where do I sign up?

Forum List

Back