Tea Party Movement Evolves Into Political Force With Eye Toward 2010

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
REMEMBER THIS PAST SUMMER? OBAMALAMA DIDN'T KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE WERE? THERE WEREN'T THAT MANY IN DC. THE LEFT WING LUNATICS KNOCKED THEMSELVES OUT TRYING TO PROVE THEY WERE "FEW IN NUMBER'"

What started as a conservative protest klatch has evolved into a political force with enough muscle to potentially alter the course of the 2010 mid-term elections.

The "tea party" movement that gained steam shortly after President Obama took office is seeing a surge in popularity, with a string of candidates and officials willing to take up its cause and a political infrastructure that's starting to mirror that of an actual political party.

The tea party activists rallied for smaller government and lower taxes again on Capitol Hill Tuesday afternoon -- among the headliners were Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., and former Texas Rep. Dick Armey, whose FreedomWorks group has acted as somewhat of an umbrella organization.

That's just the latest affirmation of tea party momentum:

-- Various tea party groups and supporters, including FreedomWorks, are launching political action committees to back candidates financially in the 2010 elections.

FOXNews.com - Tea Party Movement Evolves Into Political Force With Eye Toward 2010

the liberals/dems really did a stupid number to keep calling these folks "teabaggers".....

this will and seemingly has already, come back to haunt them. dems seem to be all about the schoolyard taunt, insult....not much about the debate or the issues.

If y'all aren't careful the Tea Partiers might have the opposite effect you are looking for in the 2010 election.

Go Teabaggers! Change we can believe in!

idiot1.jpg

Actually, they called themselves "teabaggers" before they realized it had sexual innuendo.

All I can say is, go teabaggers! We can't destroy the GOP without you!

Oh, I guess the academic response would be:

"Populist movements rarely gain enough momentum to do much in this country."

Actually, they called themselves "teabaggers" before they realized it had sexual innuendo.

All I can say is, go teabaggers! We can't destroy the GOP without you!

Oh, I guess the academic response would be:

"Populist movements rarely gain enough momentum to do much in this country."

not true...dems called them that....and virtually 99.99% of the time it was sexual....this is still going on....just look at how many dems continue to call them teabaggers....its an insult and the dems hope it sticks.....

The tea party is a powerful political movement that is totally impotent to impact Democratic candidates. They scare the hell out of Republicans and will force Republican candidates to adopt unwinnable platforms in moderate districts. This is what happened in NY23 district in 2009 and will happen across the nation in 2010.
Rather than allowing Republicans to tailor their election strategy to the wants of the people in their district, teabaggers and the wingnuts (Limbaugh, Beck, Palin) will force candidates to toe their rightwing line.

The result will be a fractured GOP with winable seats forfeited to the Democrats

if you think demoncwats don't go to the tea parties, then you can remain DUmb. :lol::lol::lol:

if you think demoncwats don't go to the tea parties, then you can remain DUmb. :lol::lol::lol:

The Tea Parties did not exist while George Bush ran up a $5 Trillion deficit. Suddenly, within weeks of Obama's inauguration, teabaggers were marching in the streets. They claimed Obama had raised their taxes and were mad as hell. Yet, Obama had not raised their taxes and had in fact, reduced taxes for most teabaggers.

Why the outrage then? Was it because FoxNews dedicated half their programming to rile up the teabaggers? Was it because Limbaugh and Beck harped incessantly on how bad teabaggers had it?

The Teabaggers are ovewhelmingly Republican, Libertarians, and assorted kooks to the far right fringe.

The only force the Teabaggers could inflict would be on the GOP as it got slammed to the ground forcefully in 2010. Then that will be the end of the Teabagger influence in the party.

Go Teabaggers! Change we can believe in!

idiot1.jpg

Oh and where was that dedicted activist during the years that the REPUBLICANS controlled Congress and the WH!!!??? Oh yeah NOTHING to protest about during the Bush years.......The Pugs were to busy passing spending bills with the MOST PORK EVER in terms of #s and $s. They couldn't be bothered with immigration or any of a HOST of important Conservative ideal now could they?

By the way I HATE our open boarders and I HATE social benefits for illegal aliens.

REMEMBER THIS PAST SUMMER? OBAMALAMA DIDN'T KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE WERE? THERE WEREN'T THAT MANY IN DC. THE LEFT WING LUNATICS KNOCKED THEMSELVES OUT TRYING TO PROVE THEY WERE "FEW IN NUMBER'"

What started as a conservative protest klatch has evolved into a political force with enough muscle to potentially alter the course of the 2010 mid-term elections.

The "tea party" movement that gained steam shortly after President Obama took office is seeing a surge in popularity, with a string of candidates and officials willing to take up its cause and a political infrastructure that's starting to mirror that of an actual political party.

The tea party activists rallied for smaller government and lower taxes again on Capitol Hill Tuesday afternoon -- among the headliners were Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., and former Texas Rep. Dick Armey, whose FreedomWorks group has acted as somewhat of an umbrella organization.

That's just the latest affirmation of tea party momentum:

-- Various tea party groups and supporters, including FreedomWorks, are launching political action committees to back candidates financially in the 2010 elections.

FOXNews.com - Tea Party Movement Evolves Into Political Force With Eye Toward 2010

Goodie! :clap2::clap2: Teabaggers as the rising face of the Right! :clap2::clap2:

or should they form their own third party. Is the Tea Party is becoming a political force to be reckoned with? Is the Tea Party movement the key to winning the majority back in the 2010 elections?

(ehhh..I can't post url's yet) but according to an article on the fox news site they are a political force to be reckoned with.

or should they form their own third party. Is the Tea Party is becoming a political force to be reckoned with? Is the Tea Party movement the key to winning the majority back in the 2010 elections?

(ehhh..I can't post url's yet) but according to an article on the fox news site they are a political force to be reckoned with.

There's a couple of threads about this Tea Party Party (they need a better name), that only Fox seems to be noticing (they interviewed Palin, who says the TPP is a "kick in the pants" for Republicans). Why the Republicans seem to lose votes to third parties (REMEMBER PEROT!!), while the democrats seem to be able to keep themselves together, is a mystery.

Frankly I think one of the main issues the Tea Party Party has is with the entrenched, established two party system, therefore I don't see them joining the Republican Party as its part of the problem.

But, I also don't see why this Tea Party Party's values are any different than the Libertarian Party. So why not join the Libertarian Party instead of forming a new one?

Lets do another teabagger thread!

Either way, they spell doom for the Republican Party. As if they didn't have enough problems, the GOP has to contend with another lunatic fringe movement that is forcing unwinnable positions onto GOP candidates.

Long live the teabaggers!

Forum List

Back