Tea Party good for Democrats?

The Tea Party has put the Republicans in their place. They keep them from compromising, from reaching out to moderates and from thinking for themselves.

Best thing to happen for the Dems since Richard Nixon

Love the optimism..

The Tea Party is uprooting the Republican Party...they have done nothing to affect the Dems

The Tea Party sold itself as a new direction in American politics. No more business as usual. They were going to provide a new form of political candidate. What did we get?

Christine O'Donnell
Joe Miller
Sharron Angle
Linda McMahon
Rand Paul

Since when is lunacy a political asset?

Last edited:
The Tea Party has put the Republicans in their place. They keep them from compromising, from reaching out to moderates and from thinking for themselves.

I'm having trouble determining where you are drawing this idea from that the tea party is hurting the Republican Party. Last I checked, the Republicans are winning, not by a little, but by a lot. This is what you call hurting the Republican Party? Are you suggesting that if the former GOP of Dubya, the Republicans who pissed off the American people and lost control of Congress, was still today's GOP they'd be as successful in the upcoming elections as they are currently looking to be?

Your logic makes absolutely no sense. You're simply projecting your own feelings. You don't like what the tea party stands for and you fear their success so you are making claims that it's going to hurt the GOP because it makes you feel better to say that. There is no such evidence whatsoever to support your claim. I've never seen the Republican Party this energized since 94. If that's the result of them being "hurt" by the tea party then I'm sure their response will be "Thank you sir, may I have another!"

I'm having trouble determining where you are drawing this idea from that the tea party is hurting the Republican Party. Last I checked, the Republicans are winning, not by a little, but by a lot. This is what you call hurting the Republican Party? Are you suggesting that if the former GOP of Dubya, the Republicans who pissed off the American people and lost control of Congress, was still today's GOP they'd be as successful in the upcoming elections as they are currently looking to be?

Your logic makes absolutely no sense. You're simply projecting your own feelings. You don't like what the tea party stands for and you fear their success so you are making claims that it's going to hurt the GOP because it makes you feel better to say that. There is no such evidence whatsoever to support your claim. I've never seen the Republican Party this energized since 94. If that's the result of them being "hurt" by the tea party then I'm sure their response will be "Thank you sir, may I have another!"

Lets see how Tea Party Candidates do vs party regulars. Right now they are giving back seats that Republicans would have won easily

Lets see how Tea Party Candidates do vs party regulars. Right now they are giving back seats that Republicans would have won easily

The seats that you say 'would have been safe,' were not held by conservatives, in fact for the most part they would vote with the other party a good deal of the time. So, they lost to another candidate, albeit one who may not beat the other party's candidate.

The big change though will not be those few marginalized, but the much larger number they will win against Democrats. That, the Republican Party would not have been able to do.

Much more important, both parties now know that laughing and shrugging off emails and letters, taking their phones off the hook, with citizens that are demanding to be heard on issues that matter greatly to them, probably will not be good political advice in the future. For that alone, all partisans should be happy the tea parties exist.

The Tea Party has done something wonderful...put fear in the heart of every politician.

No one is safe...no one is indispensable.

It is a giant step forward in restoring the hierarchy of American politics...that they work for us.

Whatever your ideology, you should find that commendable.

Or, put from a less partisan perspective:

The Tea Party has done something wonderful...put fear in the heart of every American.

No one is safe...no one is indispensable.

It is a giant step forward in uprooting intelligence, knowledge and science in politics...that crap just doesn't work for them as it is not contained in their bibles. The Tea Party believes evolution should not be taught in schools (just as their hero Glenn Beck), and they also believe in abstinece only sex education, followed closely by erradicating a woman's right to abortion, even in the case of incest and rape. And to top it all off, they want all "entitlement" programs eliminated, leaving the newly born child and mother on the street with no money, shelter, healthcare or food.

Whatever your ideology, you should find that commendable.

Sorry. I find that dispicable.

Last edited:
I was actually going to make a thread asking if the Tea Party will eventually hurt and possibly severely damage the RepubliCON$ party.

I believe the answer is yes. No matter what happens in November, the Tea Party will end up costing the RepubliCON$ in the long wrong.

For the record I firmly believe that the Democrats will keep BOTH the Senate AND the House.

Mark my words.

For the record I firmly believe that the Democrats will keep BOTH the Senate AND the House..

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're in as much denial as the GOP was in 06.

Yeah, the Dems probably will hold the Senate, but the House? Don't fool yourself.

For the record I firmly believe that the Democrats will keep BOTH the Senate AND the House..

Yeah, the Dems probably will hold the Senate, but the House? Don't fool yourself.

Well it's pretty typical that Americans vote for the opposite party when one party has to much power. Americans like mixed government..and that's how it should be. The Tea Party, however, is a bit extreme..and is probably hurting the Republicans a bit.

World wide however, I am finding that the Tea Parties are not so atypical, even in solid democracies. I was in Taiwan this summer and learned they have a Nativist party (Don't really remember the name) that think Taiwan is for Taiwanese..and that Han Chinese and other "foreigners" should leave. They want a war with China. And their congress engages in fist fights. My girlfriend just returned from France and she said they have a party called the "Fisherman" who want all people they deem not French to leave (Mainly Algerians). They are staunchly right wing.

While the GOP always has Dibold to fall back on, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Strong Turnout for Democrats in Early Voting - CBS News
1st Figures on Early Balloting Show GOP Gains on 2008 Numbers, But Democrats Hold Edge in Some Key States

Election Day is already over for more than 3 million Americans, and a surprising number of them are Democrats.

Republicans clearly are gaining ground in turning out early voters compared with their showing two years ago, but figures from the first batch of states that offer clues about 2010 early voting patterns still give Democrats an edge in a number of states and big counties.

While it's impossible to tell for whom people are voting, Democrats so far are casting ballots at a faster clip than Republicans in Iowa, Maryland, North Carolina and Nevada's heavily Democratic Clark County, which supplied two-thirds of the state's voters in 2008.

Republicans are flexing their organizational muscles and leading the pace in Florida, even though Democrats have the edge in registered voters there, and in Colorado. The parties are running about even so far in Maine.

With nearly every indicator in a new Associated Press-GfK poll pointing toward big GOP victories, the Democrats' ground-game advantage is squaring off against the Republicans' enthusiasm edge - and the outcome could determine who wins close races.

I'll tell you what would cause a Democratic surge...start acting like a democrat and seriously take down the villians who causes this economic meltdown.

Ain't gonna happen though.

Forum List

Back