Tea Party at Record Low Approval

[

Please explain how Grandma Millie's SS check pays for tax cuts. Thanks.

I've done this several times...

I'm not bothering again.

Hey, you know what probably scares you..

Social conservatism without economic conservatism.

it would probably win a lot more elections.

That's why the GOP establishment takes a dive when a Huckabee or a Santorum shows up.

Someone might finally figure out, the central message of Christianity is not "Tax cuts for rich people".

Please link where you've explained it because when I last asked you, you ran and hid. I think you're lying. But I'd be happy to retract that statement if you can walk the talk.

I would like to know how SS, which is funded through FICA taxes, funds other tax cuts. Thanks.

[

I'm not bothering again.

That's why the GOP establishment takes a dive when a Huckabee or a Santorum shows up.

Someone might finally figure out, the central message of Christianity is not "Tax cuts for rich people".

You have to remember these people deny shit you just told them all the time.

they deny court documented evidence spanning 30 years that prove the republican party is cheating voters to win elections.

They still deny there were no WMDs in Iraq

they deny sceince on a daily basis

they try to rewrite history constantly

They deny dictionary definitions of words

they hate teachers

they hate higher education

they are a desperate people and not very rational

Daily Kos: Popularity of Tea Party hits record low of 30%, over half have a negative opinion in poll

And so goes the GOP unless

they smarten up quickly and move back from the ledge on the right. But I am sure some will argue that they need condidates that are more conservative and closer to the edge.

Gotta love you lefties. You spend 4 years demonizing a group, then act like that has no relation to said groups declining popularity.

The only Game the left knows is demonization. As we speak we have a president who appears to care much more about Destroying the GOP, than doing what is best for this country.

Now, that said, If you want to know what is really killing the Tea Party. It's the fact that the Social Cons took it over. The Party was suppose to focus on Spending, and Limited Government. Instead it has become nothing more than the Religious Rights bitch, and that totally turned me off.

They "demonized" themselves.

The Tea Party started because old white folks were pissed that a black man won the Presidency and that minorities might be getting a bailout on bad loans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcvSjKCU_Zo]Rick Santelli calls for Tea party on Floor of Chicago Board of Trade - YouTube[/ame]

[

I'm not bothering again.

they deny court documented evidence spanning 30 years that prove the republican party is cheating voters to win elections.

they hate teachers

Since you've decided to pipe in, would you like to explain how non-FICA tax cuts hurt SS? Thanks.

they smarten up quickly and move back from the ledge on the right.

The problem with being an absolutist (well, ONE of the problems) is that after you've beaten your chest and signed your "pledges", any moderation whatsoever will be viewed as complete capitulation. So you simply have to stick to your guns (as it were) until you're finally voted out.

And, since many of these people are in safely gerrymandered districts, it's gonna be a while before the GOP can marginalize its loons.

people move in and people move out.

Jerry may be manding right undeneath these clowns.

Demographics

Even in the gerrymandered districts, the demographics are changing. It will get harder and harder for the "safe" far right loons to hold their seats. I will wait...:clap2:

The one hope for the Dems that the party may implode sooner is if the GOP listens to the Tea Baggers and actually goes farther to the right. Then they will take the entire GOP down with them. Blaming the "social conservatives" is a good start.

I'm not bothering again.

they hate teachers

Since you've decided to pipe in, would you like to explain how non-FICA tax cuts hurt SS? Thanks.

when have you EVER actually answered me about the GLBact Broker rules?

The problem with being an absolutist (well, ONE of the problems) is that after you've beaten your chest and signed your "pledges", any moderation whatsoever will be viewed as complete capitulation. So you simply have to stick to your guns (as it were) until you're finally voted out.

And, since many of these people are in safely gerrymandered districts, it's gonna be a while before the GOP can marginalize its loons.

people move in and people move out.

Jerry may be manding right undeneath these clowns.

Demographics

Even in the gerrymandered districts, the demographics are changing. It will get harder and harder for the "safe" far right loons to hold their seats. I will wait...:clap2:

The one hope for the Dems that the party may implode sooner is if the GOP listens to the Tea Baggers and actually goes farther to the right. Then they will take the entire GOP down with them. Blaming the "social conservatives" is a good start.

the right is dying.

Literally dying.

Their Demographics are on the Old side.

when they die then their assets are given to their children and grandchildren which then Marry brown, black, red and yellow people and NOT just white people.

They are literally dying and beoing replaced by a Less racist group of Americans.

they hate teachers

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8MqXXX3jOA]Shut the fuck up, Donny! - YouTube[/ame]

they hate teachers

I made a thread about it.

So are you going to answer or not?

What exactly has the Tea Party accomplished?

What exactly have the Democrats accomplished ?
$debtiv.gif

and you never addressed what the impact of the holding back the broker rules was,

You just merely said something to the effect of NAW it didnt maatter.

and you never addressed what the impact of the holding back the broker rules was,

You just merely said something to the effect of NAW it didnt maatter.

It didn't cause the financial crisis and I told you why. You made the claim. You back it up.

I'm assuming that since you won't answer the question, you can't. That's OK. There isn't a coherent answer.

Are you trying to say that people who feel they are Taxed Enough Already are loons?

Are you trying to say that people who feel they are Taxed Enough Already are loons?

There are definitely people in the party who'd I classify as loons. A few examples:

1. Those who hold up signs like "Keep Government Out of My Medicare", the group of people who are simplistically blinded by their ideology and/or the rantings of their favorite radio hero, and (holy crap) really don't realize the government's direct freakin' involvement in Medicare

2. Those who cheered the GOP candidates when they obediently said they're refuse one dollar in taxes for ten dollars in tax cuts, one of the iconic moments of the 2012 campaign that showed many voters the GOP is too influenced by its absolutists

3. The "pledge" brigade, led by ol' Grover, who shove these documents in the faces of otherwise possibly reasonable adults who know that cooperation is at the very core of our legislative process, but who are so controlled by their emotions and the ideology that they don't see the damage they're causing

4. The social issue absolutists, who walked straight into the most obvious political sucker punch of all time by saying insane things like "slut" and "legitimate rape" and staying absolutist on abortion, allowing the Democrats (who really should be sending out Thank You cards to these people) to take the national focus off the economy and easily paint the entire GOP as a group of freakin' grunting neanderthals

5. The economic absolutists who actually think they can convince the electorate to turn the country overnight into a libertarian utopia, eliminating a few massive agencies and cutting spending and income taxes dramatically - so full of their own hyperbole and rhetoric that they don't realize they'll first need to change hearts and minds, and that ain't gonna happen in one fell swoop

6. And my personal favorites, the Republicans who created an alternate universe for themselves so completely sheltered from reality that they were predicting and assuming an easy Romney win, and yet were so wrong and so shocked that they provided hilarious entertainment, especially on Fox, the night of the election as they looked like someone had shot their freakin' dog.

And, of course, several belong to multiple groups.

The loons. The people whose blank-eyed simplistic absolutism played such a large part in allowing an incredibly vulnerable President and party, presiding over 8% unemployment, to keep the Senate & White House and gain in the House.

Those guys.

There are definitely people in the party who'd I classify as loons. A few examples:

1. Those who hold up signs like "Keep Government Out of My Medicare", the group of people who are simplistically blinded by their ideology and/or the rantings of their favorite radio hero, and (holy crap) really don't realize the government's direct freakin' involvement in Medicare

2. Those who cheered the GOP candidates when they obediently said they're refuse one dollar in taxes for ten dollars in tax cuts, one of the iconic moments of the 2012 campaign that showed many voters the GOP is too influenced by its absolutists

3. The "pledge" brigade, led by ol' Grover, who shove these documents in the faces of otherwise possibly reasonable adults who know that cooperation is at the very core of our legislative process, but who are so controlled by their emotions and the ideology that they don't see the damage they're causing

4. The social issue absolutists, who walked straight into the most obvious political sucker punch of all time by saying insane things like "slut" and "legitimate rape" and staying absolutist on abortion, allowing the Democrats (who really should be sending out Thank You cards to these people) to take the national focus off the economy and easily paint the entire GOP as a group of freakin' grunting neanderthals

5. The economic absolutists who actually think they can convince the electorate to turn the country overnight into a libertarian utopia, eliminating a few massive agencies and cutting spending and income taxes dramatically - so full of their own hyperbole and rhetoric that they don't realize they'll first need to change hearts and minds, and that ain't gonna happen in one fell swoop

6. And my personal favorites, the Republicans who created an alternate universe for themselves so completely sheltered from reality that they were predicting and assuming an easy Romney win, and yet were so wrong and so shocked that they provided hilarious entertainment, especially on Fox, the night of the election as they looked like someone had shot their freakin' dog.

And, of course, several belong to multiple groups.

The loons. The people whose blank-eyed simplistic absolutism played such a large part in allowing an incredibly vulnerable President and party, presiding over 8% unemployment, to keep the Senate & White House and gain in the House.

Those guys.

1.) Agreed.

2.) Agreed

3.) Same as #2...

4.) Agreed.

5.) Realizing that catastrophe lies just ahead without massive and immediate changes to our spending is NOT 'loony'. NOTHING short of that is going to accomplish a Goddamned thing, and people like you and the rest of the Democrat Party need to realize it PRONTO! Anyone with a class of Econ 101 and a calculator can figure it out, why is it so hard for the Keynesians?

6.) Agreed.

Now let me say something here, and I want to make it absolutely clear.

The TEA Party was NOT, in ANY way, a creation of the Republican Party.

It was created by fiscal conservatives that were sick and tired of Progressive Republicans spending like Progressive Democrats.

It was started by people who were disenfranchised by BOTH major parties.

It was STARTED by people who supported Ron Paul.

It was HIJACKED by the Republican Party and turned into something that a SOCIAL conservative would support.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if most of the ORIGINAL TEA Party people ALSO disapprove of it's current incarnation.

I know I do.

Forum List

Back