Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion dollars on everything from staffing, housing, flying and

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
my gawd, we can't afford this family
links in article at site

SNIP:
Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion dollars on everything from staffing, housing, flying and entertaining President Obama and his family last year, according to the author of a new book on taxpayer-funded presidential perks.

In comparison, British taxpayers spent just $57.8 million on the royal family.

Author Robert Keith Gray writes in “Presidential Perks Gone Royal” that Obama isn’t the only president to have taken advantage of the expensive trappings of his office. But the amount of money spent on the first family, he argues, has risen tremendously under the Obama administration and needs to be reined in.

Gray told The Daily Caller that the $1.4 billion spent on the Obama family last year is the “total cost of the presidency,” factoring the cost of the “biggest staff in history at the highest wages ever,” a 50 percent increase in the numbers of appointed czars and an Air Force One “running with the frequency of a scheduled air line.”

“The most concerning thing, I think, is the use of taxpayer funds to actually abet his re-election,” Gray, who worked in the Eisenhower administration and for other Republican presidents, said in an interview with TheDC on Wednesday.

“The press has been so slow in picking up on this extraordinary increase in the president’s expenses,” Gray told TheDC.

Specifically, Gray said taxpayer dollars are subsidizing Obama’s re-election effort when he uses Air Force One to jet across the country campaigning.

Read more: Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on Obama family last year | The Daily Caller

Well hell. Should anyone be surprised how much it costs to keep the first family??

I'm not. But one would think with the economy as it is they themselves might rein in their spending and perks??

Guess not. Its hard to live on the other side when everything is free for you. What the hey. Its someone elses money.

links in article at site

SNIP:
Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion dollars on everything from staffing, housing, flying and entertaining President Obama and his family last year, according to the author of a new book on taxpayer-funded presidential perks.

Author Robert Keith Gray writes in “Presidential Perks Gone Royal” that Obama isn’t the only president to have taken advantage of the expensive trappings of his office. But the amount of money spent on the first family, he argues, has risen tremendously under the Obama administration and needs to be reined in.

Gray told The Daily Caller that the $1.4 billion spent on the Obama family last year is the “total cost of the presidency,” factoring the cost of the “biggest staff in history at the highest wages ever,” a 50 percent increase in the numbers of appointed czars and an Air Force One “running with the frequency of a scheduled air line.”

“The most concerning thing, I think, is the use of taxpayer funds to actually abet his re-election,” Gray, who worked in the Eisenhower administration and for other Republican presidents, said in an interview with TheDC on Wednesday.

“The press has been so slow in picking up on this extraordinary increase in the president’s expenses,” Gray told TheDC.

Specifically, Gray said taxpayer dollars are subsidizing Obama’s re-election effort when he uses Air Force One to jet across the country campaigning.

Read more: Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on Obama family last year | The Daily Caller

Sounds like you're trying to start class warfare to me. Your envy of the first family is not attractive but you're probably used to it.

links in article at site

SNIP:

Sounds like you're trying to start class warfare to me. Your envy of the first family is not attractive but you're probably used to it.

okey dokey, that was dumb not attractive at all...:eusa_shifty:

links in article at site

SNIP:

Class warfare?? fuzzy logic going on there!!

TAX PAYERS MONEY try again envious of our own money LOL

links in article at site

SNIP:

Class warfare?? fuzzy logic going on there!!

TAX PAYERS MONEY try again envious of our own money LOL

Class warfare?? WTF. Fuzzy indeed.

Kinda funny since they are using taxpayer money for all their perks.

links in article at site

SNIP:

Its one thing to support your candidate with logic and at least of fraction of reality,but this stuff from ether side of the fence is sooooo boring and stupid.

Congress ought to work on a bill to tighten the president's - any president - use of AF 1 for campaigning trips. All recent presidents are guilty of using the taxpayers' dime this way and it's fairly easy to get away with. All they need is a semi-plausible excuse to go to some local on 'official business' that just happens to be near some campaign function they can then drop in on.

Just one of many wastes both parties are guilty of turning their backs on.

Left OUTRAGED when Romney uses his OWN Funds to do things... But AOK for the PREZ to use our tax dollars... Hey LEFTIES we are BROKE. our PREZ is making it worse not better. Numbers dont lie

What's the problem? We have plenty of money, right?

My favorite use of other people's money:

The president’s dog gets its own high-paid staffer: “Bo made the news when he and his handler were flown to join the president on vacation in Maine,” Gray wrote about the Obama family dog. “It has been reported that the first family’s dog handler was paid $102,000, last year.”

Let them eat dog!

Forum List

Back