Taxing the rich won't bring down the deficit?

I want to thank you all who are defending the rights of the rich and famous to keep more and more of their money. Hell we're just broke.

Take for instance, Joey Votto. I love Joey Votto and he just signed a new contract for 225 million dollars. Two hundred twenty five million dollars. $225,000,000.00. Playing baseball.

And he will create some jobs. 10. Maybe 30. Some where some one will make something that Joey Votto wants. Cause he can buy about anything. SO yea, he is "creating" jobs.

But if Joey Votto got taxed at 39% instead of 35%, would you or I really give a flying fuck?

Would Joey really care? Would baseball tickets go down in price. NO.

225 million dollars to play baseball and he hangs out with a lot of guys making millions.

Playing baseball, or football, or golf or rap or video games or selling derivatives or acting or whatever. If you make that much money, 3-4 % more in the supposed income tax rate you pay makes no substantial difference. To me.

And you all are worried about their tax rate. That's funny.

But if you all get Joey a tax cut, will he win the MVP award again? And the Reds win the World Series. I can be bought, like everybody else.

How about if we collect what is owed?

fraud.png

That we don't complain when the rich don't even pay what they OWE, nevermind what they've games the system out of, only shows why Republicans are so out of touch with Americans on raising taxes on the rich.

If you confiscated all of the money from the wealthiest, you could run the govt for 18 days. Then what would you do???????

Why, tax the middle class of course... They are the next in line and are richer than those less fortunate than them..

Yes sir but they can't quite grasp that.

Course Joey Votto is Canadian and prolly sends his check home. Or to the off shore account.. Buys gold loons or something.

I like the logic. Raising taxes on the rich won't help the deficit but cutting taxes for the rich won't increase the deficit either.

Hows that work?

Is that why if the rich get another, bigger tax cut that it won't matter to the deficit. Cause deficits don't matter. Really?

And I just don't feel like I have sacrificed enough for rich people in this economic climate. Even thouugh they have had these low tax rates and big income gains, it just don't seem like enough for them.
Do you feel the same way?

I wanna be real rich some day and by being the rich's water boy at this time, I think they may like me better when I get rich. Do you defenders of the rich's money wannabe rich someday too?

I like the logic. Raising taxes on the rich won't help the deficit but cutting taxes for the rich won't increase the deficit either.

Hows that work?

Is that why if the rich get another, bigger tax cut that it won't matter to the deficit. Cause deficits don't matter. Really?

And I just don't feel like I have sacrificed enough for rich people in this economic climate. Even thouugh they have had these low tax rates and big income gains, it just don't seem like enough for them.
Do you feel the same way?

I wanna be real rich some day and by being the rich's water boy at this time, I think they may like me better when I get rich. Do you defenders of the rich's money wannabe rich someday too?

Don't waste another moment of your invaluable time on this because you're hopelessly clueless.

fraud.png

That we don't complain when the rich don't even pay what they OWE, nevermind what they've games the system out of, only shows why Republicans are so out of touch with Americans on raising taxes on the rich.

Funny...you calim to be a registered republican yet AGAIN you do not understand what the GOP positioin is on taxes.

The GOP believes all tax cuts (and all tax increases for that matter) should be on ALL Americans...not just one group....you know...All Americans are to be treated equally by the government....

So once again, you open your dam mouth and prove you are a liar when you claim to be a registered republican.

And I, for one, do NOT believe that taxes should ever be raised . . . until spending has been brought under control. And I find it laughable that I'm somehow supposed to be ashamed of that.

fraud.png

Funny...you calim to be a registered republican yet AGAIN you do not understand what the GOP positioin is on taxes.

The GOP believes all tax cuts (and all tax increases for that matter) should be on ALL Americans...not just one group....you know...All Americans are to be treated equally by the government....

So once again, you open your dam mouth and prove you are a liar when you claim to be a registered republican.

And I, for one, do NOT believe that taxes should ever be raised . . . until spending has been brought under control. And I find it laughable that I'm somehow supposed to be ashamed of that.

Why do you want to kill my grandma, beat baby seals, and starve small childred?!?!?!?!!?!?! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eusa_angel:

fraud.png

If you confiscated 100% of the wealth of the evil rich... you'd have a one-time gain of maybe $1,000,000,000,000.

Then what?

You're an idiot.

The OP wasn't suggesting we confiscate all the rich's wealth, he was suggesting we compel them to pay what they already legally owe.

That much is abundantly clear by the words in the OP.

Can you read?

I must have missed the point where anyone said it was "the rich" who owed taxes that weren't being paid. Since you're touting YOUR wonderful reading skills, perhaps you could show us where his cute little chart said that.

The OP wasn't suggesting we confiscate all the rich's wealth, he was suggesting we compel them to pay what they already legally owe.

That much is abundantly clear by the words in the OP.

Can you read?

I read well enough... the thread title is "Taxing the rich won't bring down the deficit?"

My answer was essentially "no"

Can you read?

Congratulations on reading the title, did you read the post?

Did YOU? Because the fact that it uses more words than the title doesn't mean it actually SAYS any more.

Did you?

If you did, then you did not comprehend what was being said.

Sure..it can be taken that the crux of the one line thread was about collecting what is owed.

Or it can be taken by the second part of that one line that the thread was about taxing the rich and the GOP stance on such.

However, when you add in the title of the thread to the formula, all doubt is removed as to what the intent of the OP was.

You need to work on your reading comprehension ski8lls.

I've made a habit to ignore partisan hackery. So, sorry, but I must have missed the part about the GOP.

What I read was someone pointing out the large amount of tax revenue, legally owed, that is not being collected. I fully support closing that gap by reasonable means. Will it solve the deficit problem? Not even close. But it won't hurt, and it is legitimately owed.

First off, his little chart just says "fraud".... it'd be helpful if he could actually back up his claim that the amount is solely owed by the rich.... furthermore, what is fraud? I doubt that fuckstick understands the nature of tax avaoidance... which many people do. I wonder how he feels about the millions who work "under the table" or the 47% who pay nothing in taxes?

And if they know so accurately how much is not being collected due to fraud, then they must know who's committing the fraud, right? So why haven't they already gone and collected it, instead of bitching and whining about it?

fraud.png

If you confiscated 100% of the wealth of the evil rich... you'd have a one-time gain of maybe $1,000,000,000,000.

Then what?

You're an idiot.

How about they sacrifice SOMETHING, if the rest of us are going to sacrifice?

fraud.png

Then what?

You're an idiot.

Since, as has been pointed out to you blockheads about a million times, the rich already pay a larger percentage of the taxes than everyone else put together, they already ARE sacrificing.

The problem here isn't that you want them to "sacrifice something", it's that you want their lives to suck as badly as yours does afterward, and you're pissed that they're successful enough to make the sacrifice, pay their taxes, and still buy your sorry ass and your entire family's worth of double-wides out of their pocket change.

Don't waste another moment of your invaluable time on this because you're hopelessly clueless.

What's da matter, no sense of humor? No? I forgot, you're a Rethuglikkan.

You prolly think you come here spouting off wisdom and knowledge about a variety of subjects.

And I think you come here and spout nonsense and bullshit like a little punk.

Difference of opinion I guess.

fraud.png

Then what?

You're an idiot.

Sacrificing for thether when they won't lif a finger to DO for themselves but scream like stuck pigs when the threat exists they are about to be cut off and might have to WORK or show other credentials to justify thier existence?

'Excuse the rest of US as we aren't quite dazzled by your LACK of brillience...and candor that YOU are on the dole and don't want the gravy train on the backs of others to cease.

*ASSHOLE*

Seems to me the OP made his point quite well as there was no adequate refutation.

Apparently nearly 1/5th of the budget isn't worth collecting.

Of course the OP neglected to mention WHO has both the means and motive to hide their taxable income? Do POOR people hire lawyers and accountants to find them tax loopholes?

Forum List

Back