Taxing the rich won't bring down the deficit?

How about if we collect what is owed?

fraud.png

That we don't complain when the rich don't even pay what they OWE, nevermind what they've games the system out of, only shows why Republicans are so out of touch with Americans on raising taxes on the rich.

Do you realize that your chart is full of shit? Where did you find it so I can go laugh at the people who made it?

The OP wasn't suggesting we confiscate all the rich's wealth, he was suggesting we compel them to pay what they already legally owe.

That much is abundantly clear by the words in the OP.

Can you read?

I read well enough... the thread title is "Taxing the rich won't bring down the deficit?"

So you didn't read past the title.

It all makes sense now

like I said......you have a reading comprehension issue.

Moron.

The OP wasn't suggesting we confiscate all the rich's wealth, he was suggesting we compel them to pay what they already legally owe.

That much is abundantly clear by the words in the OP.

Can you read?

I read well enough... the thread title is "Taxing the rich won't bring down the deficit?"

My answer was essentially "no"

Can you read?

Congratulations on reading the title, did you read the post?

Sorry Bub... my answer to anyone stupid enough to insinuate that taxing the rich, or, however you want to couch it, will solve the debt, is to point out the utter stupidity of the premise.

Can you read?

Did you?

If you did, then you did not comprehend what was being said.

Sure..it can be taken that the crux of the one line thread was about collecting what is owed.

Or it can be taken by the second part of that one line that the thread was about taxing the rich and the GOP stance on such.

However, when you add in the title of the thread to the formula, all doubt is removed as to what the intent of the OP was.

You need to work on your reading comprehension ski8lls.

I've made a habit to ignore partisan hackery. So, sorry, but I must have missed the part about the GOP.

What I read was someone pointing out the large amount of tax revenue, legally owed, that is not being collected. I fully support closing that gap by reasonable means. Will it solve the deficit problem? Not even close. But it won't hurt, and it is legitimately owed.

Did you?

Sure..it can be taken that the crux of the one line thread was about collecting what is owed.

Or it can be taken by the second part of that one line that the thread was about taxing the rich and the GOP stance on such.

However, when you add in the title of the thread to the formula, all doubt is removed as to what the intent of the OP was.

I've made a habit to ignore partisan hackery. So, sorry, but I must have missed the part about the GOP.

What I read was someone pointing out the large amount of tax revenue, legally owed, that is not being collected. I fully support closing that gap by reasonable means. Will it solve the deficit problem? Not even close. But it won't hurt, and it is legitimately owed.

First off, his little chart just says "fraud".... it'd be helpful if he could actually back up his claim that the amount is solely owed by the rich.... furthermore, what is fraud? I doubt that fuckstick understands the nature of tax avaoidance... which many people do. I wonder how he feels about the millions who work "under the table" or the 47% who pay nothing in taxes?

I'd bet over 60% of that 'tax fraud' is people getting the EITC and claiming fraudulent dependents rather than 'rich' people using 'loopholes'... It would be interesting to see THAT kind of breakdown, no?

I'd bet over 60% of that 'tax fraud' is people getting the EITC and claiming fraudulent dependents rather than 'rich' people using 'loopholes'... It would be interesting to see THAT kind of breakdown, no?

That's different... not sure how, but somehow I'm sure that it is different.

Can you read?

Sorry Bub... my answer to anyone stupid enough to insinuate that taxing the rich, or, however you want to couch it, will solve the debt, is to point out the utter stupidity of the premise.

So your answer to evidence is "you're stupid"

Brilliant argument.

Did you?

First...I do not see it as partisan hackery when one says the GOP does not want to tax the rich. The GOP is quite clear about their poisition. They do not feel it is appropriate to tax just "one class" or "one group" of people. SO that is an accurate beleif that the GOP does not want to tax the rich...it is not a partisan statement at all.

Second...I entered the thread based oj the title of the thread....as I assume you did.....it implied that it was a correlation between taxing the rich and the deficit.

The fact that he brought in the "not collecting what was owed" is just an add-in....but was by no means intended to be the crux of the OP.

Now, that being said....tax evasion and tax fraud has been a problem for decades....and yes, it should be addressed...but I agree...it will do nothing for the deficit of any value....

We pay about a billion a day in interest. To collect all of the taxes that is fradulently withheld by the taxpayer will only pay for the interest....not even TOUCH the 15 trillion principle of debt.

So your answer to evidence is "you're stupid"

Brilliant argument.

Is it that you dont know how to debate, or is it that you are afraid to debate.

You have yet to add a single thought to this thread.

Did you?

First off, his little chart just says "fraud".... it'd be helpful if he could actually back up his claim that the amount is solely owed by the rich.... furthermore, what is fraud? I doubt that fuckstick understands the nature of tax avaoidance... which many people do. I wonder how he feels about the millions who work "under the table" or the 47% who pay nothing in taxes?

The word "fraud" definitely had no place on that chart, on that we can agree. The IRS not doing their job is not fraud, it's incompetence.

fraud.png

That we don't complain when the rich don't even pay what they OWE
, nevermind what they've games the system out of, only shows why Republicans are so out of touch with Americans on raising taxes on the rich.

And i suppose you are just the right person to determine what each and every person "OWE's".
Can you define "fair share" in you next post?

fraud.png

That we don't complain when the rich don't even pay what they OWE
, nevermind what they've games the system out of, only shows why Republicans are so out of touch with Americans on raising taxes on the rich.

And i suppose you are just the right person to determine what each and every person "OWE's".
Can you define "fair share" in you next post?

Fair share to the left refers to:

If the man giving does not give as much as the one is taking, then the one giving is not giving his fair share.

And....

If the man taking takes no more than the man is giving, then the man taking is not getting his fair share.

fraud.png

That we don't complain when the rich don't even pay what they OWE, nevermind what they've games the system out of, only shows why Republicans are so out of touch with Americans on raising taxes on the rich.

If you confiscated all of the money from the wealthiest, you could run the govt for 18 days. Then what would you do???????

fraud.png

If you confiscated all of the money from the wealthiest, you could run the govt for 18 days. Then what would you do???????

Why, tax the middle class of course... They are the next in line and are richer than those less fortunate than them..

New Topics

Forum List

Back