Taxes too high? You ain't seen nothing yet

Thank you Mountain Man and I take personal offense to an accusation of being a tax cheat. We have not run out on our obligations nor do we have off shore bank accounts. We pay more than our "fair share" and have never collected one dime in entitlements. My son is ineligible for financial aid for college so we are paying tuition for him and prob two others from a foreign fucking country. I do not complain UNTIL someone says "ha ha sucker" or "you're being "unpatriotic" then I get my fucking back up.

Sorry asshole you aint getting more than half our dough. Even if I have pay some sleazy accountant the difference. Or maybe lay off half our crew.

Man I'm pissed.

Did I accuse you of being a tax cheat? Are you? Seems you got a little nervous, there. And I'm confused over your "ha ha sucker" and "unpatriotic" references, the latter presumably being a comment made by Biden(?) that not paying taxes was unpatriotic (or some such thing that only YOU can probably even remember).

But who has been calling you a "sucker." Awwww....

He said that the wealthy paying more taxes is the 'patriotic thing to do'.

Biden calls paying higher taxes a patriotic act - Barack Obama News- msnbc.com

Said last September, yet Chanel has been holding her grudge lo these many months. Sheesh... So is it patriotic for the wealthy to ship billions to Swiss banks?

I just wish democwats would pay taxes and give the rest of us a rest.

Doubt it will ever happen. All they do is get some whacked out doctor to claim something is "bad" for us or some scientist to claim it's "bad" for the environment to justify the next huge tax hike.

Well gee, I didn't see any new tax on eggs, coffee, etc., which such items were once proclaimed "bad for you," or even an increased tariff on tainted shrimp and other seafood imported from China. Don't know what happened to you, Kit. Your posts used to be more mature.

Aah ... but no doctor will say coffee is bad for you now, and there was never enough "proof" that it was. Eggs ... same story.

As for "what happened" to me, I'm fucking pissed at what the government is doing, tobacco prices are double now, and my medical benefits (Medicaid) were slashed thanks to Obama ... so if you want maturity start paying for my hospital care so I can get the damage done by the FDA approved medication I was put on repaired. Mmmkay?

Did I accuse you of being a tax cheat? Are you? Seems you got a little nervous, there. And I'm confused over your "ha ha sucker" and "unpatriotic" references, the latter presumably being a comment made by Biden(?) that not paying taxes was unpatriotic (or some such thing that only YOU can probably even remember).

Said last September, yet Chanel has been holding her grudge lo these many months. Sheesh... So is it patriotic for the wealthy to ship billions to Swiss banks?

She's not holding a grudge, how'd you get that? She's just pointing out what Biden said.

How is the wealthy paying more taxes the patriotic thing to do?

What's the statute of limitations on stupid Plugs Biden comments?

She's not holding a grudge, how'd you get that? She's just pointing out what Biden said.

well when you throw democwat shit back at democwats that's holding a grudge.. meanwhile it's okay to dredge up every little thing a Republican ever said or did.

i have no idea how they can say the bush tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 raised tax revenues? we had 2.0 trillion in tax revenues collected in 2000 and in 2008 we collected about the same in revenue....but after the bush tax cuts, in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, we collected billions LESS in tax revenues, then FINALLY in 2005 we were back up to collecting the same tax revenues as we did in the yr 2000?

That you are complaining about the amount of money our government had to do without is pretty telling, Care.

well when you throw democwat shit back at democwats that's holding a grudge.. meanwhile it's okay to dredge up every little thing a Republican ever said or did.

Ah, I see. I must have missed that rule.

Taxes are the bogeyman to many, they are the stick used to beat commonsense into nonsense. It is so tiring hearing this over and over again that you wonder why anyone even listens?

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well."

Tax cuts spur economic growth
The Idolatry of Ideology-Why Tax Cuts Hurt the Economy by Russ Beaton

Reagan raised taxes like crazy yet he is the tax hero - can anyone figure that out!

Firedoglake » Newsflash: Ronald Reagan Raised Taxes (You Idiots)

By the same token, providing such evidence that tax cuts don't work is used an excuse to ever increase them. After all, it doesnt' matter how much the government takes cause the 'evidence' shows the economy will grow anyway, right?

Doubt it will ever happen. All they do is get some whacked out doctor to claim something is "bad" for us or some scientist to claim it's "bad" for the environment to justify the next huge tax hike.

Well gee, I didn't see any new tax on eggs, coffee, etc., which such items were once proclaimed "bad for you," or even an increased tariff on tainted shrimp and other seafood imported from China. Don't know what happened to you, Kit. Your posts used to be more mature.

Aah ... but no doctor will say coffee is bad for you now, and there was never enough "proof" that it was. Eggs ... same story.

As for "what happened" to me, I'm fucking pissed at what the government is doing, tobacco prices are double now, and my medical benefits (Medicaid) were slashed thanks to Obama ... so if you want maturity start paying for my hospital care so I can get the damage done by the FDA approved medication I was put on repaired. Mmmkay?

When did Obama "slash" Medicaid? That program is administered by the individual states based on block grants. You got a problem, talk to your guv.

Sorry, but I don't intend to start arguing again all the comments made during the campaign almost a year ago.

What's the statute of limitations on stupid Plugs Biden comments?

Ask Dubya or The Dick.

When did Obama "slash" Medicaid? That program is administered by the individual states based on block grants. You got a problem, talk to your guv.

They increased the premiums on prescriptions and decreased the ones they do cover, also they raised the amount they charge (people still pay to be on the plan, or did you not know that?).

Ah, I see. I must have missed that rule.

Yeah, it started back in the 90's.

Taxes are the bogeyman to many, they are the stick used to beat commonsense into nonsense. It is so tiring hearing this over and over again that you wonder why anyone even listens?

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well."

Tax cuts spur economic growth
The Idolatry of Ideology-Why Tax Cuts Hurt the Economy by Russ Beaton

Reagan raised taxes like crazy yet he is the tax hero - can anyone figure that out!

Firedoglake » Newsflash: Ronald Reagan Raised Taxes (You Idiots)

By the same token, providing such evidence that tax cuts don't work is used an excuse to ever increase them. After all, it doesnt' matter how much the government takes cause the 'evidence' shows the economy will grow anyway, right?

Thus far, no matter how much the right attempts to twist it, Obama only proposes to raise the level back to where it was (39%) when Clinton was in office. The boon years, remember? I sure didn't hear Wall Street bitching and moaning then, and the dotcom bust was a blip on the screen compared to the housing bust where that tax level remains at 34%.

But you're right. The economy does adjust itself eventually. I wish you'd spread that around to all those folks who are screaming that the whole world is about to come crashing down around them. Tomorrow.

They increased the premiums on prescriptions and decreased the ones they do cover, also they raised the amount they charge (people still pay to be on the plan, or did you not know that?).

Again, not in my state. What "premiums" are you talking about through Medicaid anyway? The Part D low-income subsidies offered by states for prescription coverage? Again, that depends wholly on the state. I do believe, however, they attempt to force people to use generic drugs. In your case, you can try going directly to the drug manufacturer and see if they can help. Often they will, by giving you a direct discount. Or your doc can usually find some non-generic that does the same thing that would be covered. I had to go that route with blood pressure medication. Just do some legwork!

Maybe if your fellow business owners (the larger ones) ponied up their fair share, you wouldn't be getting the brunt of over-taxation. Taxes and fees aren't established to be mean, they're levied because local/state/federal money is needed to keep infrastructure, etc., running. If people and businesses would just stop trying to run out on their obligations, we wouldn't have such a problem and the political blame would stop. It has zero to do with "politics" when over 52,000 wealthy American hid $15 billion in Swiss Bank UBS just last year, when two-thirds of U.S. corporations paid no federal income taxes between 1998 and 2005, according to the GAO.

Please tell me what everybody's "fair share" is, since you are so brilliant. Do you think that if WalMart's taxes were tripled, they just might raise the price of their goods to offset that tax? Who do you think would pay that?

Is WalMart a small business? Does WalMart hide a portion of its profits offshore? I have no idea how you are equating any of that to people and corporations who blatantly try to worm out of paying taxes. Unless, of course, you're attempting to make the point that there should be no taxes at all, in which case, you're just another silly fringer who seriously believes we can survive as a nation without them.

You specifically mentioned larger business's (I put that in red), WalMart would be one of them.
You still haven't said what anybody's fair share is.
The rest of what you posted is nothing but a strawman, because I said nothing of that sort. Try to be honest.

Thank you Mountain Man and I take personal offense to an accusation of being a tax cheat. We have not run out on our obligations nor do we have off shore bank accounts. We pay more than our "fair share" and have never collected one dime in entitlements. My son is ineligible for financial aid for college so we are paying tuition for him and prob two others from a foreign fucking country. I do not complain UNTIL someone says "ha ha sucker" or "you're being "unpatriotic" then I get my fucking back up.

Sorry asshole you aint getting more than half our dough. Even if I have pay some sleazy accountant the difference. Or maybe lay off half our crew.

Man I'm pissed.

Nobody has ever been able to satisfactorily define the term "fair share" to me when it comes to taxes.
If I ask them if a flat tax of X% would be fair if everybody paid the exact same rate, somehow they don't think that is fair.
If I ask them if a flat dollar amount of X dollars for each person would be fair, they don't think that is fair either.
Generally, anybody that uses the term "fair share" want's somebody else to pay more in taxes than they do.
I have yet to see anybody (honestly) proclaim that that personal "fair share" should be higher and then voluntarily send more money to the government.

Fair tax and flat tax are two different approaches. The flat tax would be just another tax rate indexed to income, but it would be constant. It would also continue to allow for all sorts of exemptions. A fair tax would actually replace all federal income taxes, including Medicare, with a single national retail sales tax. I think the country is ready for that one, at least on a trial basis for say five years.

Replacing income tax with a national sales tax would be interesting. At least that way people working in the underground economy wouldn't be dodging income tax anymore. I seriously doubt the government would ever abandon income tax though. A huge portion of the (mostly) liberal politicians would claim that since the poor spend a larger percent of their money on necessity than the rich do, it would by design treat the poor unfairly. You probably know that though.

Forum List

Back