Taxes too high? You ain't seen nothing yet

The 2010 elections are right around the corner, so don't despair... it's become pretty evident that the dems are going to take a HUGE ass whoopin', so when conservatives take back the power, they'll put an end to this madness.

Subchapter S corporations (many small businesses) must declare business income as personal income. Taxing the "rich" is a bunch of b.s. They want to destroy small business and screw the upper middle class.

250K aint the same thing in CA and NJ as it us in W. Va.

How many states have raised taxes since Jan.? How many more will? Local govts are furloughing workers and shutting down.

And we aint seen nuttin yet.

Taxes are the bogeyman to many, they are the stick used to beat commonsense into nonsense. It is so tiring hearing this over and over again that you wonder why anyone even listens?

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well."

Tax cuts spur economic growth
The Idolatry of Ideology-Why Tax Cuts Hurt the Economy by Russ Beaton

Reagan raised taxes like crazy yet he is the tax hero - can anyone figure that out!

Firedoglake » Newsflash: Ronald Reagan Raised Taxes (You Idiots)

Ironically, if nobody had ever smoked the cost to treat people in the aggregate (and the cost of social security) would both actually be higher than they currently are.

Smoker die faster and younger than non-smokers, folks.

I know this runs in direct conflict with the propaganda out there, but if you figure out what the per capita medicare costs are for smokers and compare it to the non-smokers what you discover is that non-smokers cost more per capita.

Non-smokers live long enough to need a LOT of care than most smokers who don't live long enough to require as much treatment for all the other costly problems asociated with aging.

The numbers are there in the Medicade/care stats for you all to wade through.

I know to be true this as I checked 'em myself.

I worked ONLY with the numbers that Medicade/care published to reach this conclusion, BTW.

Last edited:
I am no economist so my opinions on "trickle down" economics is moot. But as a business owner in NJ, I have seen what over regulation and over taxation has done to our economy. Misery has certainly "trickled down" and sent businesses packing. And even those that are doing ok aren't hiring or spending because they know they "aint seen nuttin yet"

Gotta rep zoom for this title.

Taxes are the bogeyman to many, they are the stick used to beat commonsense into nonsense. It is so tiring hearing this over and over again that you wonder why anyone even listens?

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well."

Reagan raised taxes like crazy yet he is the tax hero - can anyone figure that out!

So what if tax cuts do not spur economic growth? We should be able to keep more of what we make and decide for ourselves how, when, where and on what we spend it. If I want to buy 3 cartons of cigarettes, 5 cases of beer, 2 bottles of tequila and 60 Big macs a month, I should be able to without the fucking government taxing me "for my own good" when I do.

Tax increases and over zealous, capricious government regulation do nothing but increase the size, scope, power and intrusiveness of government and that does hurt small businesses.

For Christ's sake OSHA will fine a business $1000 dollars for not having the "correct, government approved" label on a bottle of Windex. tell me how does that make my employees more safe? everyone working for me as an adult over the age of 25 and can read so they're really not going to be drinking the Windex.. But yeah let's just give the government more power so soon we can have government home inspectors fining us for not labeling our cleaning products.

The only way to reduce the out of control growth of government is to starve it into submission and the only way to do that is to cut taxes and force government to operate within a very narrowly defined budgetary limit.

Raising cigarette taxes in NJ cost the state millions. And it really gets my goat when people say "legalize drugs, we need to tax it" What would that do to our healthcare system? Give people free joints and then tell them to stay away from McDonald's?

So what if tax cuts do not spur economic growth? We should be able to keep more of what we make and decide for ourselves how, when, where and on what we spend it. If I want to buy 3 cartons of cigarettes, 5 cases of beer, 2 bottles of tequila and 60 Big macs a month, I should be able to without the fucking government taxing me "for my own good" when I do.

Tax increases and over zealous, capricious government regulation do nothing but increase the size, scope, power and intrusiveness of government and that does hurt small businesses.

For Christ's sake OSHA will fine a business $1000 dollars for not having the "correct, government approved" label on a bottle of Windex. tell me how does that make my employees more safe? everyone working for me as an adult over the age of 25 and can read so they're really not going to be drinking the Windex.. But yeah let's just give the government more power so soon we can have government home inspectors fining us for not labeling our cleaning products.

The only way to reduce the out of control growth of government is to starve it into submission and the only way to do that is to cut taxes and force government to operate within a very narrowly defined budgetary limit.

The idiot just wanted another excuse to link to his radical left wing sites

Have at it, throw all the fuckin' taxes you want at me. The more you try to extort from me, the more creative I'll get to avoid them.

Bartering has made a huge come back in the area I live and I'm about 40% off the financial grid now, and next year hope to be 60-70%, fuck ya's. All I'll be showing is rental property income, (most of which is thanks to the assclowns that couldn't control their own spending), and it's easy to write off most of that income.
For 23yrs I busted my nuts running my very small company of 3 employees(most of the time 3). Paid all my taxes, and lived with fuck all so we could get our home and first rental property paid for. No fuckin' way am I continuing to supply any more than I have to of the funds to be given to assholes who don't accept any personal responsibility.

I don't, and never did mind paying taxes, that are required for essential services. But that just isn't the case over the last decade or so, and bullshit spending is continuing to explode. My little pittance of taxes is nothing to the massive, (and growing) government, but it's fuckin' huge to my family and I.

If that sounds "Un-American" to you, well, you too can fuckoff. What is truly "Un-American" is expecting everyone else to pay your way.

And you lefties can save it, it's not an obama thing, your messiah is just the icing on the cake, bitter icing maybe, but the icing nevertheless.

I am no economist so my opinions on "trickle down" economics is moot. But as a business owner in NJ, I have seen what over regulation and over taxation has done to our economy. Misery has certainly "trickled down" and sent businesses packing. And even those that are doing ok aren't hiring or spending because they know they "aint seen nuttin yet"

Did you happen to see what UNDER regulation did to our economy when Dubya had to bail out the banks and insurance companies?

Did you happen to see what UNDER regulation did to our economy when Dubya had to bail out the banks and insurance companies?

Bush actually didn't deregulate anything. In fact GW increased the budgets for the SEC and other regulatory agencies.

The great Bush 'deregulation' myth :: Jeff Jacoby

and before you start calling me a right wing Bush fan, please know that I never voted for him and IMO he is a complete moron but the truth is the truth.

2009's budget spending, which started october 1, 2008 and ends sept 30th of this year will be attributed to president bush, not president obama, at least on the books, it will go under the Bush presidency.....the $1.5 trillion dollar deficit will be attributed to president bush, though obama certainly affected it!

And I find it simply incredible that the WSJ has conveniently forgotten that all of the war supplementals (funding during the BA) were never counted toward deficit calculation. They were ALL done AFTER DoD's annual budget was approved. All of this current "spending" on domestic priorities took a back seat to war priorities. The actual and hidden costs of the Iraq war in particular put the Bush deficit at three times advertised.

The Trillion-Dollar War: The War on Terror is now more expensive than Vietnam or World War I—but the dishonest way Washington is paying for it may prove costliest of all. - Reason Magazine

Please explain SPECIFICALLY, how these "choice" taxes negatively impact our economy?

Well, the tax on smokes makes it more expensive to smoke so many smokers will quit. Ooo, savings on health care, yeah! One problem -- they are using the tax increase from smokes to provide for SCHIP. Oh, and they also allotted $75million in the stimuless package for . . . . wait for it . . . smoking cessation programs!

Smoking cessation programs and higher taxes on smokes = less smokers
Less smokers = less tax received
Less tax received = where the hell are they going to get the SCHIP money from?
Where the hell are they going to get SCHIP money from = tax something else

See the pattern?

Government, redefining stupidity daily.

I explained this scenario to one of my many liberal former colleagues and they did not believe it. I pulled up the information for them and they sat there dumfounded that the government could do something so asinine.

They still maintain Obama will "fix America" though...:eusa_eh:

Don't think he ever promised to "fix" everything. But do any of you have better ideas? Do Republicans? Conservatives? Libertarians? WHERE IS THE REPUBLICAN ALTERNATIVE HEALTH CARE REFORM? So far, all I've seen from them is an acknowledgement that, yes, we have a problem with out of control costs by the private sector. So far, I see zero solutions put forth by any of you, none, nada, zip--short of implying that people should just bite the bullet and die if necessary. Super... yeah, that's the ticket.

The 2010 elections are right around the corner, so don't despair... it's become pretty evident that the dems are going to take a HUGE ass whoopin', so when conservatives take back the power, they'll put an end to this madness.

Dream on. Holding just 40 of the 100 Senate seats and with six Republicans retiring, they have virtually no chance of regaining a majority in the 2010 elections. They may pick up a few more in the House, but again, not enough to make a difference. The Republicans HAVE NO PLATFORM.

Dream on. Holding just 40 of the 100 Senate seats and with six Republicans retiring, they have virtually no chance of regaining a majority in the 2010 elections. They may pick up a few more in the House, but again, not enough to make a difference. The Republicans HAVE NO PLATFORM.

I'm not sure which would be worse, no platform, or the current one, whatever it is today.

Subchapter S corporations (many small businesses) must declare business income as personal income. Taxing the "rich" is a bunch of b.s. They want to destroy small business and screw the upper middle class.

250K aint the same thing in CA and NJ as it us in W. Va.

How many states have raised taxes since Jan.? How many more will? Local govts are furloughing workers and shutting down.

And we aint seen nuttin yet.

There are more disadantages to incorporating under Subchapter S, and that's one of the major ones. I really don't think many small businesses go that route anyway. So I'm curious how many other ways there is an intent to "destroy" small businesses. Please list them.

The only one I can think of is a proposal still on the table, a Republican amendment, by the way, which would eliminate the tax credit for employee health insurance plans.

Maybe if your fellow business owners (the larger ones) ponied up their fair share, you wouldn't be getting the brunt of over-taxation. Taxes and fees aren't established to be mean, they're levied because local/state/federal money is needed to keep infrastructure, etc., running. If people and businesses would just stop trying to run out on their obligations, we wouldn't have such a problem and the political blame would stop. It has zero to do with "politics" when over 52,000 wealthy American hid $15 billion in Swiss Bank UBS just last year, when two-thirds of U.S. corporations paid no federal income taxes between 1998 and 2005, according to the GAO.

Forum List

Back