Taxes and the national debt

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
Presidents George W Bush and Barack Obama signed off on budget after budget authorizing the spending of billions of dollars more than the tax revenue could support. 16 years of overspending has given us the massive debt we're paying on today. Maybe it's time for both Conservatives and Liberals to make it clear to our lawmakers that this is unacceptable. I urge all of you, to stop the partisan bickering and realize both sides are guilty of this. Write your lawmakers and make it clear this is unacceptable before it's too late. America has to either raise taxes, or cut spending, or both before we overspend our way to economic ruin.

No one in the political class or in economic "services" sector has any intention of doing anything about the national debt.

Presidents George W Bush and Barack Obama signed off on budget after budget authorizing the spending of billions of dollars more than the tax revenue could support. 16 years of overspending has given us the massive debt we're paying on today. Maybe it's time for both Conservatives and Liberals to make it clear to our lawmakers that this is unacceptable. I urge all of you, to stop the partisan bickering and realize both sides are guilty of this. Write your lawmakers and make it clear this is unacceptable before it's too late. America has to either raise taxes, or cut spending, or both before we overspend our way to economic ruin.
Hopefully there is not one person here that would disagree with you.
Writing the lawmakers does not work, they are not in it for you, they are doing it for them, what they can get out of it.
The strongest way to send a message has been done, its the ONLY reason that Donald Trump is president elect. It was a very clear way of sending the message that we are no longer going to accept the establishment trash that they tell us we can choose from, we picked our own, someone that has no political experience, someone that does not owe one side or the other anything. Someone that claims he will try and correct this spending problem that the U.S seems to have.
Now we just bit our nails and hope that congress got the message and understood it and that Trump will actually try to do what he said he would do.
The way I see it, with hillary or any of the choices that the GOP put up for us to "pick" from, nothing would have changed, things would have only continued to get worse. With Trump however, its a crap shoot, He could either fix the problems, or he is going to make them worse than Hillary or anyone else could have ever dreamed of.
My only really big concern is that Trump is going to be picking some supreme court justices, screw ups in office are repairable, a screw up with a Supreme Court Justice could be damage that lasts for many many years.

First step is to stop adding to the debt...to live within our means.

A good plan to make that happen is the Mack Penny Plan. Better yet, cut spending to equal revenues now. Even better than that, strip the Federal government to it's enumerated powers and you'll have far more revenue that the government needs and we can begin paying down the debt now.

That or let the children of the future bear the burden of our largess. Screw the yet to be born. They're suckers anyway.

Paying off the nat'l. debt...

... will require higher taxes...

... across the board.
as long as those additional taxes come with some substantial cuts and no additional spending outside of emergencies of national security, along with a genuine effort to make sure not one penny of taxpayer dollar is being spent on any illegal immigrant, I think most people would understand the reason for the tax increase and go along with it providing it did not cause a financial hardship on them. There really are some middle class taxpayers that honestly can not afford another unplanned increase in their household budget at all. We have to make sure somehow that these people are identified and that they are not pushed over the financial edge.

Hopefully there is not one person here that would disagree with you.
Writing the lawmakers does not work, they are not in it for you, they are doing it for them, what they can get out of it.
The strongest way to send a message has been done, its the ONLY reason that Donald Trump is president elect. It was a very clear way of sending the message that we are no longer going to accept the establishment trash that they tell us we can choose from, we picked our own, someone that has no political experience, someone that does not owe one side or the other anything. Someone that claims he will try and correct this spending problem that the U.S seems to have.
Now we just bit our nails and hope that congress got the message and understood it and that Trump will actually try to do what he said he would do.
The way I see it, with hillary or any of the choices that the GOP put up for us to "pick" from, nothing would have changed, things would have only continued to get worse. With Trump however, its a crap shoot, He could either fix the problems, or he is going to make them worse than Hillary or anyone else could have ever dreamed of.
My only really big concern is that Trump is going to be picking some supreme court justices, screw ups in office are repairable, a screw up with a Supreme Court Justice could be damage that lasts for many many years.

Trump’s presidency will not alter the half century old societal wealth redistribution paradigm at all. Watch.

Forum List

Back