Taxes: 101

According to the IRS - In 2007 the average Adjusted Gross Income over $10 million only paid 19% income tax while the average middle class AGI paid 24% income tax.

The rich don't pay federal Social Security tax, Unemployment Tax, Medicare Tax, Medicaid Tax, FICA tax, etc on amounts over $120k. That pushes the middle class tax rate even higher & the Rich's tax rates even lower. Then add in Federal use taxes, fuel taxes, State, County & City taxes that all smack the middle class even harder percentage wise.

Your chart is pure fiction & it also does not even add up to 100%.

Mitt Romney only paid 13% while the middle class paid 28%. How the hell can someone paying 28% compete with someone paying only 13%????? It is called subsidizing the rich!

Here is the real chart that squares with reality.

te07chart2.jpg

As I tried to explain to your ignorant ass once already, tax RATES mean NOTHING. The federal government does NOT pay debts with "rates" - they pay with money. And the wealthy are paying a fuck load of actual money.

You spin in not only typical of the dumbocrats, it's also weak and sad (also typiclal when it comes to their spin).

The CBO is widely regarded - by both sides - as the most reliable source for all things financial. So you can take your faulty IRS numbers and stick them up your dumbocrat ass.

If only dumbocrats could do basic math, they would understand the following:

13% of $10 million is $1.3 million

28% of $100,000 is $28,000

$1.3 million is a FUCK LOAD more of real actual money than $28,000 (again, since you dumbocrats are mathmatically challenged, it's more than 46x's the amount).

Guess your tax rate doesn't mean shit now when we talk real, actual money, uh?

You are an idiot who post fantasy instead of facts.

Also if a rich person only pays 13% & a middle class person pays 28%, the middle class is subsidizing the rich.

It is the same as when tax on ethanol was 25 cents a gallon & gasoline tax was 45 cents a gallon. You people screamed that we were subsidizing ethanol even when ethanol was being taxed.

There is no way in hell a middle class person paying 28% tax can produce widgets cheaper than a rich person only paying 13% tax. This tax rate causes the middle class goes out of business & the rich takes over the entire market. The middle class business owner & workers are forced into poverty & onto the government dole that the rich refuses to pay for.
How do you come to that erroneous conclusion?

Rottweiler, are you ignoring this or did it just go over your head?

Ah yes, the smug libtard who works a minmum wage union job but makes more than the minimum wage because of said union. My favorite type of USMB poster... :lol:

Yes - that went completely over my head. Would you care to explain it - citing specifics of the tax chart provided and not generalities like the first time in hopes of concealing your ingorance on all of this? :)

I eagerly await....

If you're actually in the 1% as you imply, you have to the the dumbest mutherfucking 1 percenter of all time. Maybe you inherited it.

The rich, leisure class can pay far more, and still live very comfy lives

Really? Simply because you say so?

Well how about this - I say that dumbocrats like you can pay far more and still live very comfy lives (which is 100% true). So why don't we make dumbocrats - since they are all for big government and higher taxes - pay more while reducing taxes on the rest of us?

No? You won't agree to that? Well thank you for proving your hypocrisy....

Rottweiler, are you ignoring this or did it just go over your head?

Ah yes, the smug libtard who works a minmum wage union job but makes more than the minimum wage because of said union. My favorite type of USMB poster... :lol:

Yes - that went completely over my head. Would you care to explain it - citing specifics of the tax chart provided and not generalities like the first time in hopes of concealing your ingorance on all of this? :)

I eagerly await....

If you're actually in the 1% as you imply, you have to the the dumbest mutherfucking 1 percenter of all time. Maybe you inherited it.

HaHaHaHaHa!!! When challenged to explain his own chart, he couldn't do it.... :lmao:

(By the way - where exactly did I "imply" that I'm part of any bracket? I've yet to discuss my personal finances on USMB.)

I eagerly await....

HaHaHaHaHa!!! When challenged to explain his own chart, he couldn't do it.... :lmao:

(By the way - where exactly did I "imply" that I'm part of any bracket? I've yet to discuss my personal finances on USMB.)

If I cared, I'd go back and find your statement.

I thought my original post was pretty clear but I guess it must've seemed like rocket science to you. Let me dumb it down for you. The gist of it is that when wealth disparity increases, whatever bracket you look at deviates from the norm - you know, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. In that way, it's inevitable that the 1% will pay the vast majority of the tax burden - they have all the money. Does that help?

You don't have to "back" to find anything. Your response includes our entire conversation, stupid. :lmao:

How dumb are you that you don't even understand that much?

I thought my original post was pretty clear but I guess it must've seemed like rocket science to you. Let me dumb it down for you. The gist of it is that when wealth disparity increases, whatever bracket you look at deviates from the norm - you know, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. In that way, it's inevitable that the 1% will pay the vast majority of the tax burden - they have all the money. Does that help?

Watching you run from your own chart and smug post is hilarious...

"Deviates from the norm"? Really? And what is the "norm" in your mind?

*Hint - there is no "norm"... wealth is a constantly fluid reality where no "norm" can be established as you can't even go .0000001 seconds with people maintaining the same wealth. Every millisecond transactions are taking place all over the U.S. (and the world) which are instantaneously causing wealth to change hands. If a billionaire buys a cup of coffee, at that moment his wealth is reduced. If 20 minutes later there is a 1 cent bump in his stock in Apple, his wealth just increased, you fuck'n moron.

In a nut shell, you were cornered with facts that opposed your ideology. Rather than accept the facts and use them to re-examine your ideology, you attempted to discredit the facts by grabbing a chart you didn't even understand and hoping to convince people to just "trust you" by playing on their ego.

Basically, I gave you enough rope to hang yourself. And you did... :lmao:

This year marks the 100th anniversary of the Federal Income Tax. But when the 16th Amendment was passed in 1913, the top rate was 7%. Today, it's 39.6%. Not surprisingly, a new Washington Post poll shows more than 80% of Americans—regardless of their political affiliations—approve of people "doing everything within the law to lower their taxes." But many Democratic politicians are whining—louder today than most days—that they aren't paying enough!

This year marks the 100th anniversary of the Federal Income Tax. But when the 16th Amendment was passed in 1913, the top rate was 7%. Today, it's 39.6%. Not surprisingly, a new Washington Post poll shows more than 80% of Americans—regardless of their political affiliations—approve of people "doing everything within the law to lower their taxes." But many Democratic politicians are whining—louder today than most days—that they aren't paying enough!

Who's whining?

As often, you miss the point.

When Mitt Romney is only paying 11% on his MILLIONS (that he's willing to release) and your average American is paying about 30% of his income in income, state, sales, property, etc... then you have an understanding that these guys aren't paying their fair share.

Mitt Romney claimed more in deductions for a fucking Dancing Horse than most Americans make in a year.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7_EJLBU400]"Rafalca Romney" -- 30 second TV ad - YouTube[/ame]

Who's whining?

Are you serious? You can't be this uninformed about what is going on, can you?

In the past 4 years, Barack Obama hasn't appeared before a mic where he did not cry like a little bitch that we need to raise taxes and that the "rich need to pay their fair share".

Harry Reid has ranted like a lunatic (which he is) about raising taxes.

John Kerry screamed that his state of Massachusetts desperately needed to increase taxes to cover a deficit, then he was promptly caught hiding his new $7 million yacht in Rhode Island to avoid paying his own state taxes on it.

Should I continue?

Watching you run from your own chart and smug post is hilarious...

"Deviates from the norm"? Really? And what is the "norm" in your mind?

*Hint - there is no "norm"... wealth is a constantly fluid reality where no "norm" can be established as you can't even go .0000001 seconds with people maintaining the same wealth. Every millisecond transactions are taking place all over the U.S. (and the world) which are instantaneously causing wealth to change hands. If a billionaire buys a cup of coffee, at that moment his wealth is reduced. If 20 minutes later there is a 1 cent bump in his stock in Apple, his wealth just increased, you fuck'n moron.

In a nut shell, you were cornered with facts that opposed your ideology. Rather than accept the facts and use them to re-examine your ideology, you attempted to discredit the facts by grabbing a chart you didn't even understand and hoping to convince people to just "trust you" by playing on their ego.

Basically, I gave you enough rope to hang yourself. And you did... :lmao:

Norm(al) is a statistical term you stupid twit. I can't help it if it's beyond your intellectual level to understand it.

Forum List

Back