Taurus Curve...

The problem I have with the LCR...it isn't comfortable to shoot, the trigger well bites my finger when I shoot.....or the trigger does......but it is small and light and reliable....
I don't mind the recoil, but i don't shoot +p in either my 38spl, or the 9mm. I wrap my weak hand thumb behind the grip, where the exposed hammer would be if it had one. I'm more accurate with them than a glock 19, or a kahr cm9. The downside is only 5 shots. but with the 9mm, you can easily carry small moonclips with extra shells, & it reloads very fast.
CC is always a compromise.. firepower, capacity, size, weight, accuracy.. its hard to fine the best of all. I got a sccy semi auto 9 in 11+1.. not much bigger than the lcr, but more than double the capacity. For not a lot bigger, i have an ati fatboy, a compact 1911 with 12+1 in 45acp. I can have a para 14round mag as a companion & get lots of rounds.

But in most self defense situation, 5 rounds is sufficient. Just being armed is deterrence enough for most.

that's a lot of crap to haul around, in order to hit no harder than can a .22lr rifle (using stingers) Same 160 ft lbs with a little 380. Also, when you need to fire left handed, that curved grip is going to be very conducive to wild shots and dropped guns. I'll stick with my P938, with luminous sights, 4 lb trigger job and over-travel stop, speed-lever on the safety, re-chambered to 356 TSW 500 ft- lbs. That way, there's at worst 1 guy left in thefight after shooting 10 of them in the chest (once). As vs 3-4 of them still fighting, after 10 are shot in the chest with a 380 jhp or ball rd. 3x better odds is well worth .3" longer, 2-3 oz heavier gun.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back