Taurus Curve...

the length of the trigger pull is designed

for self defense claims

no accidental pulls of the trigger

Bore-axis sight radius? Nagging capability? The trigger itself is crap? Miles of trigger fire?

Creepin' onnit, creepin' onnit, creepin' onnit.....

Breaks hard. 8-9 pound trigger.

What a fucking piece of shit.

There was a time we taught people to handle guns safely.

Now we design them so that they are difficult to shoot in order to make them safer?

There was a time we taught people to handle guns safely.

Now we design them so that they are difficult to shoot in order to make them safer?

no the harder to fire trigger

is to aid in self defense claims

it makes it harder for the state

to convince a jury it was an accidental firing

It's a gun for people who don't necessarily like guns.

It's a gun for whom this will be their only gun.

If you're a gun enthusiast you're not the target audience.

It's actually very well done, going after a new market likely turned-off by traditional gun designs.

6 shots of 380 is ok, & i can see the double action weighted trigger being useful. I've been uncomfortable carrying a single stack 9 without a holster, for that reason, while a revolver is no problem, due to the double action pull, which is a safety feature. I pull double action all the time, so i'm sure it would not be an issue.
But i'd probably prefer a 38 or 9mm snubbie revolver. it wouldn't be any bigger, & would be a lot more reliable. I suppose it has some appeal to those looking for something more 'high tech' in a carry gun, with the built in laser & lights, but i don't see those as useful in a CC firearm, personally.

A while back i picked up a sccy 9mm.. 11+1 in a double action only auto. I don't think it is much bigger than this taurus, but has a better cartridge & more of them. But to each his/her own.. i like many of the taurus line, & they have improved over the years. I don't think i'll be interested in this, mostly because of the 380. I already have plenty of cartridges i reload, & i don't need another!

I liked my .357 Ruger Service Six, 4" barrel. No jams, no doubts, no accidents, very accurate. One shot would scare off any animal with any sense, and if not, the second would stop any.

the "crappy" hard pull trigger is intentional

It's the same with the Ruger LCP.
Not bad once you get used to it.
I don't mind a decent double action trigger.. I even like them as being 'safer' than hair trigger single actions. I have a ruger lcr that is double action only, & it has a very nice trigger. Smith revolvers are famous for their smooth double actions. It is not a bad thing.. especially for CC. I actually prefer it.

I don't mind a decent double action trigger.. I even like them as being 'safer' than hair trigger single actions. I have a ruger lcr that is double action only, & it has a very nice trigger. Smith revolvers are famous for their smooth double actions. It is not a bad thing.. especially for CC. I actually prefer it.

I prefer a semi auto in condition two.
Once you pull it through the dbl action the first time it's smooooth sailing from then on out.

the last thing you want should you end up in court

over a defensive gun use

is to have the states attorney trying to convince a jury

that the firearm accidentally went off

over a defensive gun use

I guess that is not a concern to me. The old saying, 'Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6', comes to mind. :)

over a defensive gun use

I guess that is not a concern to me. The old saying, 'Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6', comes to mind. :)

that is a good saying

however that is an angle the states attorney will take when trying to

turn a DGU into a manslaughter case

The problem I have with the LCR...it isn't comfortable to shoot, the trigger well bites my finger when I shoot.....or the trigger does......but it is small and light and reliable....

Forum List

Back