Tattoos - Poll

Tattoos

• I can't wait to get one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would have a tattoo ... But I was too drunk when I went to get one and they wouldn't do it.
It was a soldier tattoo ... A small unit patch on my shoulder ... But I never got it in the longrun.

I think the art aspect might be kind of touchy though ... Styles come and go.
I know a guy that has his family's coat of arms done small, tastefully and very detailed on his shoulder ... It looks nice and it will never go out of style I don't think.

Interesting story, one I identify with. In the long run I am glad I did not get it.

Aren't tattoos the ultimate in being judged for superficial reasons instead of who you are 'on the inside?' If you're a good person others will like, but get tattoos aren't you basicly saying you don't want to be judged for who you really are, but what's on the outside?

Aren't tattoos the ultimate in being judged for superficial reasons instead of who you are 'on the inside?' If you're a good person others will like, but get tattoos aren't you basicly saying you don't want to be judged for who you really are, but what's on the outside?

I think you can tell a lot about a person based on whether they have tattoos and what type of tattoos they have

You don't see many church ladies with "Born to raise hell" tattooed on their forehead

or an employer wondering why would you get such an awful looking tattoo and figure that you make bad, impulsive decisions

I think you can tell a lot about a person based on whether they have tattoos and what type of tattoos they have

You don't see many church ladies with "Born to raise hell" tattooed om their forehead

Seen tats on military guys who're the salt of the earth despite their tattoos. :)

o_O ... Put the hookah down ... Your superficial observations and opinions do not speak towards the intents or desires of others.

o_O ... Put the hookah down ... Your superficial observations and opinions do not speak towards the intents or desires of others.

And you have how many tattoos? :)

And you have how many tattoos? :)

Why ask when the answer is on this page ... Unless of course your superficial observations are inadequate in providing accurate information.

Because I don't care enough about it or you (no offense) to check. But claiming my opinion is superficial, but infering getting tattoos and wishing to be judged by superficiality is itself superficial begs the question.

Because I don't care enough about it or you (no offense) to check. But claiming my opinion is superficial, but infering getting tattoos and wishing to be judged by superficiality is itself superficial begs the question.

Whether you care goes further towards explaining my response to your post in the first place ... Your observations and opinions are superficial by your definition, not mine.
You seem to be the one intent on judging others with inaccurate information supplied by your shortsightedness.

I see the following what else do I need to know about the person?

t385502_1368608_pic_970x641.jpg

I see the following what else do I need to know about the person?

Well ... That is kind of obvious, but then again it would also depend on if you knew what you were looking at.

Sure but that is the point, that symbol will send a message to anyone who sees it and they may go further based circumstance and/or desire.

Sure but that is the point, that symbol will send a message to anyone who sees it and they may go further based circumstance and/or desire.

The tattoo I pictured would mean something to those who know what it means and just look like a bunch of scribbling to those that don't.
It is a recognition of merit and loyalty to those who know ... And to those who don't know ... Oh well, who cares?

We try to pound other people into our neat little boxes ... When that doesn't always address what they think or their motivations.
In other words ... The "point" is not up to you to decide.

The tattoo I pictured would mean something to those who know what it means and just look like a bunch of scribbling to those that don't.
It is a recognition of merit and loyalty to those who know ... And to those who don't know ... Oh well, who cares?

We try to pound other people into our neat little boxes ... When that doesn't always address what they think or their motivations.
In other words ... The "point" is not up to you to decide.

Of course it is up to me to decide. I looked at the tattoo and thought seems to be a fraternity/organization of some sort. If iI saw the person with it I may have asked them what it was I even tried looking it up I was so interested. I belong to something called Phi Alpha Theta with similar lettering. I got a key with the symbol and lettering not the tattoo.

Of course it is up to me to decide. I looked at the tattoo and thought seems to be a fraternity/organization of some sort. If iI saw the person with it I may have asked them what it was I even tried looking it up I was so interested. I belong to something called Phi Alpha Theta with similar lettering. I got a key with the symbol and lettering not the tattoo.

What difference does it make what you decide the point is ... If what you decide has nothing to do with why the person has the tattoo?
You are free to have all the misconceptions you may desire ... But what is the point of that?

What difference does it make what you decide the point is ... If what you decide has nothing to do with why the person has the tattoo?
You are free to have all the misconceptions you may desire ... But what is the point of that?

In your isolated case you are correct.

If I were a public servant, let's say a cop then it makes all the difference in the world how I interpret the tattoo. RL does not reflect the wistful meanderings of a messageboard.

As it is I was interested in the tattoo that is all I saw. If I saw the person who had the tattoo it may make no difference.

I work in Federal contracts. Have been doing so for 10+ years. That means I am customer facing, with government agencies mostly, and have to dress up regularly. I have a number of tattoos (that is me in my avatar pic). I am able to hide my tattoos if needed, but most times don't even try since I am not ashamed or embarrassed by them.

I am not "working class" but would be honored if I was considered as such since they keep the world going. I have never been judged for my tattoos,.. that I know of. Most compliment them and ask what they say and what they mean. Its amazing that the people I have met that are inked out all over are some of the sweetest, most non-judgmental people I have ever met.

But perhaps if you saw the person wearing the tattoo (law enforcement or not) ... And given your desire to assume the meaning and purpose ... You would be just as likely to make poor decisions as to what it could mean.

That's my point ... It means something to those who don't need it explained ... But that doesn't mean that it is there for anyone else.
Whatever you conclude will have bearing on how you view the person ... With or without the proper understanding.

Forum List

Back