Target is banning books. Time for the Bud Light treatment.

Plus, target is a business.

If a large part of their customer base would be offended by a particular product, why would they stock it? It obviously wouldn’t sell and obviously wouldn’t be profitable.

It’s a business decision

So essentially you're saying a business has the right to serve or not serve a particular segment of the population?

So essentially you're saying a business has the right to serve or not serve a particular segment of the population?
No, I didn’t say that at all.

They have a right to sell or not sell what they want. That’s not the same as denying service to gays, black, trans or wherever you were going with that train of thought.

No, I didn’t say that at all.

They have a right to sell or not sell what they want. That’s not the same as denying service to gays, black, trans or wherever you were going with that train of thought.

That's not what I was saying. Do you believe a business has the right to serve or not serve a particular segment of the population by refusing (or agreeing) to sell a product that segment wants (or doesn't want)?

That's not what I was saying. Do you believe a business has the right to serve or not serve a particular segment of the population by refusing (or agreeing) to sell a product that segment wants (or doesn't want)?
You’re making it political. It’s not.

Every store on the face of the planet caters more to some groups than to others to varying degrees. Stores can’t be everything to everyone.

You’re making it political. It’s not.

Every store on the face of the planet caters more to some groups than to others to varying degrees. Stores can’t be everything to everyone.

So you don't have a problem with that? A business can refuse to make or sell any product they want, right?

If Target wants to say screw you for what you did to them and other businesses, well I guess you have to just suck it up.

Forum List

Back