Talk about clueless obama and 10,000 Engineers a Year

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
I was listening to the news on my way home the other day, and they were doing a segment on an obama speech, and obama wanting to start a program to teach 10,000 new Engineers a Year. I have ponder this since I heard it. Where does he plan to place all those new engineers? There will have to be enough new jobs for these highly trained people to have work. The you must have someone with the need to start a new project Then you must have new contractions jobs and people to do the job.
I just think he's scared and blowing smoking up his followers ass.

Obama Unveils Push to Train 10,000 Engineers a Year

I was listening to the news on my way home the other day, and they were doing a segment on an obama speech, and obama wanting to start a program to teach 10,000 new Engineers a Year. I have ponder this since I heard it. Where does he plan to place all those new engineers? There will have to be enough new jobs for these highly trained people to have work. The you must have someone with the need to start a new project Then you must have new contractions jobs and people to do the job.

Having worked as an Engineer for over 30 years I can tell you a large percentage of our engineers come from overseas. Americans are too stupid and too lazy to become engineers. The jobs are there....always have been

Look at what college graduates are getting jobs

Having worked as an Engineer for over 30 years I can tell you a large percentage of our engineers come from overseas. Americans are too stupid and too lazy to become engineers. The jobs are there....always have been

I'm in construction and deal with Engineer's on a daily basis there aren't enough job to have 10,000 new Engineer's every years.

Good luck with that.

I'm in construction and deal with Engineer's on a daily basis there aren't enough job to have 10,000 new Engineer's every years.

You have no idea whay engineers do

There are well over 10,000 recent engineering grads who find jobs. The problem is that a good percentage of those grads are foreign

Americans are too stupid and lazy to graduate in Engineering

Nothing against foreign engineers. They are well educated and well motivated. They do a very good job. Problem is that Americans are poorly prepared for engineering when they graduate HS

They should train 10,000 Sanitation Engineers and when they have become well-trained, take them to Washington to get the shit out of that town.

They should train 10,000 Sanitation Engineers and when they have become well-trained, take them to Washington to get the shit out of that town.

Ha..ha

Thats a good one...you make it up all by yourself?

Too stupid and lazy?

No, I'd say primary education simply isn't preparing kids for technical professions.

Nothing against foreign engineers. They are well educated and well motivated. They do a very good job. Problem is that Americans are poorly prepared for engineering when they graduate HS
And that's not the kids' fault, it's the education system's.

Perhaps if we spent a little less time handing out participation medals and a little more time teaching math and science...?

There are well over 10,000 recent engineering grads who find jobs. The problem is that a good percentage of those grads are foreign

Unfortunately for the US, RightWinger is correct. My education is in Physics, but I also have an MS in Electrical Engineering. In 1986, my class size was 125 and there were only 4 Americans. It's only gotten worse since then. Americans are just not capable of competing with foreigners. Compare High School students around the world. Americans just can't compete in Mathematics and Science and it continues to get worse every year. We are becoming a 3rd world country.

But didn't you just say that YOU graduated in Engineering?

:eusa_whistle:

Unfortunately for the US, RightWinger is correct. My education is in Physics, but I also have an MS in Electrical Engineering. In 1986, my class size was 125 and there were only 4 Americans. It's only gotten worse since then. Americans are just not capable of competing with foreigners. Compare High School students around the world. Americans just can't compete in Mathematics and Science and it continues to get worse every year. We are becoming a 3rd world country.

No, I disagree.

The foreign students often do not leave the US.

They fill positions that US companies simply cannot fill with the domestic workforce.

The "brain drain" is in India, and China, where there best and brightest are deciding to reside in the USA.

It is ironic that Obama, who knows nothing about Engineering, or the employment thereof, should be using tax dollars to promote Engineering

Also ironic is there are only 5 members of congress who are engineers:
Five members are engineers (including Reps. Joe Barton, Cliff Stearns, Pete Stark).
And only 6 scientists
Six members are scientists: three physicists (Reps. Rush Holt, Bill Foster, and Vern Ehlers),[21] a chemist (Rep. Ed Pastor[22]), a microbiologist (Rep. Louise Slaughter), and a physiologist (Rep. Roscoe Bartlett).

Like Obama:

225 (168 Representatives and 57 Senators) list law[19]

By the way, Congress has the lowest approval rating of any other institution in the USA.

Yea Lawyers.:confused:

Actually I do know what I am talking about, you on the other hand don't. Being a girl friday for an Engineering frim is not being an Engineer. America has yet to recover from the last economical down turn.

Engineering firm to close, lay off off 55 state workers
Engineering firm to close, lay off off 55 state workers - Morning Call

From this Enginerring discussion board it doesn't look good
Where is Engineering Going In The Next 5 Years - Best engineering market (i.e. city for it)?

CHA, the region’s largest engineering firm, laid off 57 people, froze salaries and cut hours for about 7 percent of its nationwide work force as demand for its land development services waned this year.

Layoffs hit CHA, other engineering firms; some divisions remain strong | The Business Review

Last edited:

Actually I do know what I am talking about, you on the other hand don't. Being a girl friday for an Engineering frim is not being an Engineer. America has yet to recover from the last economical down turn.

Engineering firm to close, lay off off 55 state workers
Engineering firm to close, lay off off 55 state workers - Morning Call

From this Enginerring discussion board it doesn't look good
Where is Engineering Going In The Next 5 Years - Best engineering market (i.e. city for it)?

CHA, the region’s largest engineering firm, laid off 57 people, froze salaries and cut hours for about 7 percent of its nationwide work force as demand for its land development services waned this year.

Layoffs hit CHA, other engineering firms; some divisions remain strong | The Business Review

55 ?

Yea..I guess that proves your point

IT employment in the U.S. fell by 17,000 jobs in February (download PDF), or less than a half a percent. That's an improvement over December, which saw a decline of 56,000 jobs, or 1.4%, and January, with job cuts of 46,000, or 1.15%.

IT employment, which peaked last November at more than 4 million jobs, now stands at 3,938,800.

As grim as these numbers may seem, IT workers -- at least in some areas -- are doing better than most professions. Nationally, unemployment is at 8%, but the fourth-quarter unemployment rate for computer hardware engineers is 1.4% and computer software engineers 1.9%, according to the NACCB.

Nonetheless, the NACCB is warning that things could get worse for IT if the overall economic climate continues to deteriorate.

One indicator is the number of job postings on the tech job site Dice. In February, Dice said it had 57,000 job listings, down 35% from the year-ago period. A check today showed 54,000 job listings.
source

7/7/2009 6:26 PM EDT

WASHINGTON — U.S. engineering unemployment soared to a record in the second quarter of 2009, nearly doubling on a quarterly basis to 8.6 percent, the IEEE-USA said Tuesday (July 7), citing government figures.
The previous quarterly record for joblessness among U.S. electrical and electronic engineers was 7 percent, reached in October 2003.
"These new data suggest we've got a long way to go as the United States attempts to regain its economic footing," IEEE-USA President Gordon Day said in a statement. Engineering unemployment reached 4.1 percent in the first quarter of this year, according to data compiled by the Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

source

The above are both dated 2009.

My point in posting the above is merely to note that even the highly educated are subject to the laws of supply and demand in the labor market.

Too stupid and lazy?

No, I'd say primary education simply isn't preparing kids for technical professions.

Thanks to Liberals.

This mentality is unbelievable..you know that? It absolutely infuriates me.

Of course we have people with the intellect to become engineers. You know what they wind up becoming? Business professionals who come up with algorithms intended to slosh money out of other peoples pockets to their own. They don't build anything. They don't do anything useful..really.

We NEED to build again. And by build, I mean really build. We need to innovate, explore, and create.

Almost everything that dramatically changed the course of humanity..CAME FROM THIS COUNTRY. THATS THE WAY IT USE TO BE. One of the FOUNDERS of this COUNTRY discovered electricity.

THIS IS WHY CONSERVATISM IS A FAILURE.

Too stupid and lazy?

Thanks to Liberals.

No..thanks to Conservatives.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ixNPplo-SU]YouTube - ‪Reagan Government is not the solution to our problem government IS the problem‬‏[/ame]

This mentality is unbelievable..you know that? It absolutely infuriates me.

Of course we have people with the intellect to become engineers. You know what they wind up becoming? Business professionals who come up with algorithms intended to slosh money out of other peoples pockets to their own. They don't build anything. They don't do anything useful..really.

We NEED to build again. And by build, I mean really build. We need to innovate, explore, and create.

Almost everything that dramatically changed the course of humanity..CAME FROM THIS COUNTRY. THATS THE WAY IT USE TO BE. One of the FOUNDERS of this COUNTRY discovered electricity.

THIS IS WHY CONSERVATISM IS A FAILURE.
It's not conservatives who have taught our children that their feelings are more important than test scores.

Forum List

Back