Talk about clueless obama and 10,000 Engineers a Year

I was listening to the news on my way home the other day, and they were doing a segment on an obama speech, and obama wanting to start a program to teach 10,000 new Engineers a Year. I have ponder this since I heard it. Where does he plan to place all those new engineers? There will have to be enough new jobs for these highly trained people to have work. The you must have someone with the need to start a new project Then you must have new contractions jobs and people to do the job.
I just think he's scared and blowing smoking up his followers ass.

Obama Unveils Push to Train 10,000 Engineers a Year

Good luck with that.
Let's hear it for the 1-B Visas. Chandra and Pakresh from Bangladesh are on their way to work in America for 10 years then retire for life in their native lands with lots of wealth. Jobs Americans CAN'T do.

Jobs Americans can't do, only when they possess your mentality.

Good luck with that.
Let's hear it for the 1-B Visas. Chandra and Pakresh from Bangladesh are on their way to work in America for 10 years then retire for life in their native lands with lots of wealth. Jobs Americans CAN'T do.

Americans can't do the jobs because the education system has failed them.

Why do we need engineers? Everyone just play the market and make their living that way.
Why do we actually need to produce anything except consumers?

I have begun to think there is a significant percentage of people who make a point of not spreading info about good books and advocate crappy ones.

psik

Then you must live under a rock.

Google Amazon.com

Heard of it?

So there are lots of crappy books that you can't find the good books among.

psik

Obviously you've never heard the saying:

It's better to say nothing and keep us wondering if you are an idiot, than to post and remove all doubt.

Americans can't do the jobs because the education system has failed them.

Nonsense: Many very successful citizens graduate from our education system(s).

Compared to where?

Compared to other graduates of our education system.

:eusa_eh:

I think you've certainly illustrated your point.

It's really quite simple.

Our education system is clearly not preparing people for certain careers. Liberal arts majors, yeah. The squishy stuff.

The hard science? Not as much as it used to. The people who succeed in these areas do so because of the extra time and effort they put in. They seek out what the schools have not given them.

But as long as everyone feels good about themselves and gets a medal for participating, some folks don't see a problem.

Compared to other graduates of our education system.

Our education system is clearly not preparing people for certain careers. Liberal arts majors, yeah. The squishy stuff.

The hard science? Not as much as it used to. The people who succeed in these areas do so because of the extra time and effort they put in. They seek out what the schools have not given them.

But as long as everyone feels good about themselves and gets a medal for participating, some folks don't see a problem.

I thought US public schools had AP programs, Gifted and Talented programs, College Prep classes.

I suppose I need to listen to Limbaugh more to know what's REALLY going on....

I thought US public schools had AP programs, Gifted and Talented programs, College Prep classes.

Yeah, I don't listen to him either.

Have you seen school performance stats? "Throw more money at it!!!" has failed. For decades, now.

Have you seen school performance stats? "Throw more money at it!!!" has failed. For decades, now.

You seem to have some agenda other than the one stated: Why you constantly jump track is a mystery to me, but school performance stats do not indicate that there's nobody learning anything in public schools. Nor do they indicate that there are no AP Physics and Chemistry courses being offered. Indeed in 2003:
http://faculty.trinityvalleyschool.org/hoseltom/handouts/AP Physics B & C Course Description.pdf
Last year more than three quarters of a million high school students benefited from the opportunity of studying in AP courses and then taking the
challenging AP Exams. These students experienced the power of learning
as it comes alive in the classroom, as well as the practical benefits of earning
college credit and placement while still in high school.

You seem to have some agenda other than the one stated: Why you constantly jump track is a mystery to me, but school performance stats do not indicate that there's nobody learning anything in public schools. Nor do they indicate that there are no AP Physics and Chemistry courses being offered. Indeed in 2003:
http://faculty.trinityvalleyschool.org/hoseltom/handouts/AP Physics B & C Course Description.pdf
Last year more than three quarters of a million high school students benefited from the opportunity of studying in AP courses and then taking the
challenging AP Exams. These students experienced the power of learning
as it comes alive in the classroom, as well as the practical benefits of earning
college credit and placement while still in high school.
Ummm...no, my position has been consistent.

Then you must live under a rock.

Google Amazon.com

Heard of it?

So there are lots of crappy books that you can't find the good books among.

psik

Obviously you've never heard the saying:

It's better to say nothing and keep us wondering if you are an idiot, than to post and remove all doubt.

I have heard. It is not my fault that you expect everyone to give a damn what you think. The majority of books are crap and one of the problems with trying to learn is having to sort through so much crap.

I worked for IBM and never encountered the term von Neumann machine even though IBM hired John von Neumann as a consultant in 1952. We have lots of pseudo-intellectuals spreading BS that helps them look smart but keeps other people confused.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dg96tefnEU]YouTube - ‪SF & von Neumann machine basics‬‏[/ame]

The Computer Industry Is Making Us Crazy : Uncertain Principles

I notice that you haven't indicated any specific books relating to engineering but I did and I provided links to software.

I am not in the EDUCATION BUSINESS.

psik

Last edited:
Any Clifford Stoll fans out there? His critique of computers is interesting. But as a manager I have had engineering grads work with and for me and most are quite good. Our work crosses all talents and knowledge, actually all work does, as anyone who has lived for a bit knows diversity of talent works better than rigid automatons. Today when you call for tech support and get an Asia Indian you can bet that person has more education than most Americans and is usually an engineering grad. You can make your own judgement on whether that matters. But Obama is right here as usual, and the right wing can only use its narrow filter to see nothing. Nothing appeals to them it seems.

Clifford Stoll on ... everything | Video on TED.com

Forum List

Back