Talk about clueless obama and 10,000 Engineers a Year

I'm in construction and deal with Engineer's on a daily basis there aren't enough job to have 10,000 new Engineer's every years.

You have no idea whay engineers do

There are well over 10,000 recent engineering grads who find jobs. The problem is that a good percentage of those grads are foreign

Americans are too stupid and lazy to graduate in Engineering

Unfortunately for the US, RightWinger is correct. My education is in Physics, but I also have an MS in Electrical Engineering. In 1986, my class size was 125 and there were only 4 Americans. It's only gotten worse since then. Americans are just not capable of competing with foreigners. Compare High School students around the world. Americans just can't compete in Mathematics and Science and it continues to get worse every year. We are becoming a 3rd world country.

And that's why Obama wants to emphasize engineering and science

I was listening to the news on my way home the other day, and they were doing a segment on an obama speech, and obama wanting to start a program to teach 10,000 new Engineers a Year. I have ponder this since I heard it. Where does he plan to place all those new engineers? There will have to be enough new jobs for these highly trained people to have work. The you must have someone with the need to start a new project Then you must have new contractions jobs and people to do the job.
I just think he's scared and blowing smoking up his followers ass.

Obama Unveils Push to Train 10,000 Engineers a Year

This mentality is unbelievable..you know that? It absolutely infuriates me.

Of course we have people with the intellect to become engineers. You know what they wind up becoming? Business professionals who come up with algorithms intended to slosh money out of other peoples pockets to their own. They don't build anything. They don't do anything useful..really.

We NEED to build again. And by build, I mean really build. We need to innovate, explore, and create.

Almost everything that dramatically changed the course of humanity..CAME FROM THIS COUNTRY. THATS THE WAY IT USE TO BE. One of the FOUNDERS of this COUNTRY discovered electricity.

THIS IS WHY CONSERVATISM IS A FAILURE.
It's not conservatives who have taught our children that their feelings are more important than test scores.

Yet there are very few conservatives/republicans who are scientists or engineers

Of course we have people with the intellect to become engineers. You know what they wind up becoming? Business professionals who come up with algorithms intended to slosh money out of other peoples pockets to their own. They don't build anything. They don't do anything useful..really.

We NEED to build again. And by build, I mean really build. We need to innovate, explore, and create.

Almost everything that dramatically changed the course of humanity..CAME FROM THIS COUNTRY. THATS THE WAY IT USE TO BE. One of the FOUNDERS of this COUNTRY discovered electricity.

It's not conservatives who have taught our children that their feelings are more important than test scores.

Yet there are very few conservatives/republicans who are scientists or engineers
Yeah, I keep hearing you bozos repeating that, but I never see anything credible to back it up.

Anecdotally, all the engineers I've worked with have been conservatives. And I've worked with around a hundred or so throughout my career. Of course, they've been military civil and mechanical engineers, a few EEs, and an architect or two.

I was listening to the news on my way home the other day, and they were doing a segment on an obama speech, and obama wanting to start a program to teach 10,000 new Engineers a Year. I have ponder this since I heard it. Where does he plan to place all those new engineers? There will have to be enough new jobs for these highly trained people to have work. The you must have someone with the need to start a new project Then you must have new contractions jobs and people to do the job.
I just think he's scared and blowing smoking up his followers ass.

Obama Unveils Push to Train 10,000 Engineers a Year

Do you know what infuriates me? Someone taking something I said and taking it out of context. The jobs I was talking about would be those in the construction industry. Pre job depending on the size you will have an engineer per craft.

You are contridicting yourself

THIS IS WHY CONSERVATISM IS A FAILURE

Now who is the one who is killing te economy? Libreals are if you missed that part.

There are well over 10,000 recent engineering grads who find jobs. The problem is that a good percentage of those grads are foreign

Actually I do know what I am talking about, you on the other hand don't. Being a girl friday for an Engineering frim is not being an Engineer. America has yet to recover from the last economical down turn.

Engineering firm to close, lay off off 55 state workers
Engineering firm to close, lay off off 55 state workers - Morning Call

From this Enginerring discussion board it doesn't look good
Where is Engineering Going In The Next 5 Years - Best engineering market (i.e. city for it)?

CHA, the region’s largest engineering firm, laid off 57 people, froze salaries and cut hours for about 7 percent of its nationwide work force as demand for its land development services waned this year.

Layoffs hit CHA, other engineering firms; some divisions remain strong | The Business Review

55 ?

Yea..I guess that proves your point

Don't just read the title read the whole story.

How does anybody expect to produce engineers when grade school graduates don't have a clue about science? A nun told my sister that science and religion don't mix. They had science books sitting on a shelf that they never used. I got science from science fiction books that supplied clues about what to research and went into electrical engineering.

But today they call junk like Hyperion science fiction when it is just decent fantasy.

But now kids can do plenty of sophisticated stuff without the so called schools.

There is material available for free now and we have cheap computers to access it.

All Day September by Roger Kuykendall
All Day September - Roger Kuykendall | Feedbooks

THE YEAR WHEN STARDUST FELL by Raymond F. Jones
Winston Science Fiction: Synopsis for THE YEAR WHEN STARDUST FELL by Raymond F. Jones

The Fourth R : George O. Smith
"The Fourth R" by Smith George Oliver Free Download. The book is added by David (Idaho) Read online books at OnRead.com.

Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, by Stan Gibilisco
Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, Fourth Edition : McGraw-Hill Professional Online Book Store

Celestia: space simulation of the universe in 3D
Celestia: Home

GeoGebra: Interactive graphics, algebra and spreadsheet
GeoGebra

Solve Elec: draw and analyze electrical circuits
Solve Elec - Educational software

Logisim: Digital logic circuit simulator
Logisim | Download Logisim software for free at SourceForge.net

A netbook that can run that stuff is less than $400. Doesn't one course at an engineering school cost more than that. I wish someone had given me a book like Gibilisco's when I was in 7th grade.

Oh yeah, The Art of Electronics by Horowitz and Hill
Download The Art of Electronics – Horowitz & Hill | books download

I wonder if our educators even want to figure out what can really be done with this technology. We need to raise the level of scientific knowledge of the average American.

psik

Last edited:

Unfortunately for the US, RightWinger is correct. My education is in Physics, but I also have an MS in Electrical Engineering. In 1986, my class size was 125 and there were only 4 Americans. It's only gotten worse since then. Americans are just not capable of competing with foreigners. Compare High School students around the world. Americans just can't compete in Mathematics and Science and it continues to get worse every year. We are becoming a 3rd world country.

No, I disagree.

The foreign students often do not leave the US.

They fill positions that US companies simply cannot fill with the domestic workforce.

The "brain drain" is in India, and China, where there best and brightest are deciding to reside in the USA.

It is ironic that Obama, who knows nothing about Engineering, or the employment thereof, should be using tax dollars to promote Engineering

Also ironic is there are only 5 members of congress who are engineers:

And only 6 scientists
Six members are scientists: three physicists (Reps. Rush Holt, Bill Foster, and Vern Ehlers),[21] a chemist (Rep. Ed Pastor[22]), a microbiologist (Rep. Louise Slaughter), and a physiologist (Rep. Roscoe Bartlett).

Like Obama:

225 (168 Representatives and 57 Senators) list law[19]

By the way, Congress has the lowest approval rating of any other institution in the USA.

Yea Lawyers.:confused:

Not so much anymore.

How does anybody expect to produce engineers when grade school graduates don't have a clue about science? A nun told my sister that science and religion don't mix. They had science books sitting on a shelf that they never used. I got science from science fiction books that supplied clues about what to research and went into electrical engineering.

But today they call junk like Hyperion science fiction when it is just decent fantasy.

But now kids can do plenty of sophisticated stuff without the so called schools.

There is material available for free now and we have cheap computers to access it.

Winston Science Fiction: Synopsis for THE YEAR WHEN STARDUST FELL by Raymond F. Jones

"The Fourth R" by Smith George Oliver Free Download. The book is added by David (Idaho) Read online books at OnRead.com.

Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, Fourth Edition : McGraw-Hill Professional Online Book Store

GeoGebra

A netbook that can run that stuff is less than $400. Doesn't one course at an engineering school cost more than that. I wish someone had given me a book like Gibilisco's when I was in 7th grade.

I wonder if our educators even want to figure out what can really be done with this technology. We need to raise the level of scientific knowledge of the average American.

psik

How do you do that with the vast majority of Republicans believing in magical creation? And the Republican leadership racing to defund education and research?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/scien...g-of-value-from-the-science-of-evolution.html

GeoGebra

psik

How do you do that with the vast majority of Republicans believing in magical creation? And the Republican leadership racing to defund education and research?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/scien...g-of-value-from-the-science-of-evolution.html

As for the department of education it not working if it's not working kill it.. Before we had the department of education Children were smarter get rid of the department of education and that will free up some money for paying off obama's debt.

GeoGebra

psik

As for the department of education it not working if it's not working kill it.. Before we had the department of education Children were smarter get rid of the department of education and that will free up some money for paying off obama's debt.

Do you have proof it's not working? We seemed to be doing pretty well until Bush and the Republicans took over.

I guess Obama has not shared your desire to "innovate, explore, and create."

:eusa_eh:

Obama's NASA Budget Draws Mixed Reviews | Space.com

Obama's plan calls for spending a total of $16.4 billion on Constellation between 2011 and 2013, or about $3.5 billion less than Bush had planned to spend during the same three-year period

OOOOPs:

Phased Out: Obama's NASA Budget Would Cancel Constellation Moon Program, Privatize Manned Launches: Scientific American

I suppose there is no democratic consituancy on the moon, where they already get free cheese.

Last edited:

Obama's plan calls for spending a total of $16.4 billion on Constellation between 2011 and 2013, or about $3.5 billion less than Bush had planned to spend during the same three-year period

OOOOPs:

Phased Out: Obama's NASA Budget Would Cancel Constellation Moon Program, Privatize Manned Launches: Scientific American

I suppose there is no democratic consituancy on the moon, where they already get free cheese.

Space exploration? Pffft! NASA has Muslims to reach out to!

Obama’s new mission for NASA: Reach out to Muslim world

Last edited:

OOOOPs:

Now Sallow's REALLY gonna be upset!!

OOOOPs:

Now Sallow's REALLY gonna be upset!!
But Sunni will vote Dem! :lol:

No, I disagree.

They fill positions that US companies simply cannot fill with the domestic workforce.

The "brain drain" is in India, and China, where there best and brightest are deciding to reside in the USA.

It is ironic that Obama, who knows nothing about Engineering, or the employment thereof, should be using tax dollars to promote Engineering

And only 6 scientists
Six members are scientists: three physicists (Reps. Rush Holt, Bill Foster, and Vern Ehlers),[21] a chemist (Rep. Ed Pastor[22]), a microbiologist (Rep. Louise Slaughter), and a physiologist (Rep. Roscoe Bartlett).

Like Obama:

By the way, Congress has the lowest approval rating of any other institution in the USA.

That's true, but I don't see a brain drain in India or China. We do get their "best and brightest," but they still have many highly educated engineers left and those who come to America don't always stay for long returning to their native land to build companies that compete directly with the US. Their loyalties are usually not with the US. Many US companies outsource their IT departments, for example, led by American educated foreigners. We'll see what happens, but my fear is that the US is fast becoming a shell that will quickly fall apart when these American-educated foreigners (many educated by foreign-born professors in America) decide there are greener pastures elsewhere. It would be nice if American-born citizens decided to become Scientists and Engineers on their own, but that isn't happening. Obama's efforts will fail, mainly because he's unqualified at just about everything and knows nothing about the real world.

No, I disagree.

And only 6 scientists

Like Obama:

That's true, but I don't see a brain drain in India or China. We do get their "best and brightest," but they still have many highly educated engineers left and those who come to America don't always stay for long returning to their native land to build companies that compete directly with the US. Their loyalties are usually not with the US. Many US companies outsource their IT departments, for example, led by American educated foreigners. We'll see what happens, but my fear is that the US is fast becoming a shell that will quickly fall apart when these American-educated foreigners (many educated by foreign-born professors in America) decide there are greener pastures elsewhere. It would be nice if American-born citizens decided to become Scientists and Engineers on their own, but that isn't happening. Obama's efforts will fail, mainly because he's unqualified at just about everything and knows nothing about the real world.

Well, I must admit, that I, like you, am basing opinion of emperical knowledge.

I cannot conceive that many successful Indian Engineers return to India from the USA: Maybe the ones that cannot find a hawt American Golddigger to marry?

No, I disagree.

And only 6 scientists

Like Obama:

I cannot conceive that many successful Indian Engineers return to India from the USA: Maybe the ones that cannot find a hawt American Golddigger to marry?

I've been friends with numerous Indians and other foreigners who came to America to get advanced degrees. About half have stayed. That's not bad. I hope more stay and America doesn't implode.

I've been friends with numerous Indians and other foreigners who came to America to get advanced degrees. About half have stayed. That's not bad. I hope more stay and America doesn't implode.

Its always good to have friends that can get you a discount on a slurpee, or a Slim Jim.

I always wanted a magic wand. I could wave it and 'Poof!' there would be 10,000 competent engineers ready to build what ever I wanted them to build...without asking questions.

Of course, if I had a wand like that, I would probably use it to create one realy hot caddy to carry my bag on the golf course.

GeoGebra

psik

We have got cheap computers and the Internet.

Why aren't most concerned parents talking about short circuiting the educational system rather than fixing it. As a kid I recall trying to find good books among all the crap. It is really hard when you don't know squat to begin with.

I only learned about this book last year. I could have been told about it in high school.

The Tyranny of Words by Stuart Chase
Books: Semantics - TIME

I have begun to think there is a significant percentage of people who make a point of not spreading info about good books and advocate crappy ones.

psik

Forum List

Back