Tad Cummings arrested

^^^ She won't be too young forever though. In three more years when she hits 18, we will then know the real story should it still matter then.

God bless you and the girl always!!!

Holly

^^^ She won't be too young forever though. In three more years when she hits 18, we will then know the real story should it still matter then.

God bless you and the girl always!!!

Holly
When kids turn 18 they become legally "emancipated" under state law -- correct.

Not until then.

We need to shut down all our public schools, shut down the dept of education, end all federal funding for schools. Let people figure out how to educate their own kids, create their own community schools, just as we did as pioneers. No unions. No tenure. No affirmative action. No licensing, no degrees required.
This would be a bit over-reactionary.

Just a bit.
No, it would be wonderful. Our education system is worthless.

We need to shut down all our public schools, shut down the dept of education, end all federal funding for schools. Let people figure out how to educate their own kids, create their own community schools, just as we did as pioneers. No unions. No tenure. No affirmative action. No licensing, no degrees required.
No paved roads, no surgical anesthesia, no sewage treatment plants! If you want to go full on stupid, go all the way!
You've yet to tell us how removing federal funding from schools will cause this? I won't hold my breath waiting for the deflection.
How do you suppose ditching public schools, going back to 1870s style education in the twenty first century will prevent the next Tad Cummings?

Homeschool students out perform government school grads every time.
Can I assume you're a government school grad?

Here's some real education for you:

Academic Performance
  • The home-educated typically score 15 to 30 percentile points above public-school students on standardized academic achievement tests. (Percentiles range from 1 to 99 on these tests.)

• Homeschool students score above average on achievement tests regardless of their parents’ level of formal education or their family’s household income.

• Whether homeschool parents were ever certified teachers is not related to their children’s academic achievement.

• Degree of state control and regulation of homeschooling is not related to academic achievement.

• Home-educated students typically score above average on the SAT and ACT tests that colleges consider for admissions.

• Homeschool students are increasingly being actively recruited by colleges.
RESEARCH FACTS ON HOMESCHOOLING
http://www.nheri.org/Research-Facts-on-Homeschooling.html

[QUOTE="koshergrl, post: 17071015, member: 316holder b need to shut down all our public schools, shut down the dept of education, end all federal funding for schools. Let people figure out how to educate their own kids, create their own community schools, just as we did as pioneers. No unions. No tenure. No affirmative action. No licensing, no degrees required.

Yeah but nobody could reed or right too much gooder back than.

Our citizens received better educations before federal interference, when most dropped out by the age of 13, and only attended when they weren't working, and the teachers were chosen for their morality and were lodged with the families so they could be closely monitored.[/QUOTE]

"Our citizens received better educations before federal interference,..."

You betcha'!!!

The evolution in teaching math since the 1950s.

1. Teaching Math In 1950
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Teaching Math In 1960
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Teaching Math In 1970
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Teaching Math In 1980
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.
------------------------------ -----------------------------------------
5. Teaching Math In 1990
A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living?
Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers.)

[QUOTE="koshergrl, post: 17071015, member: 316holder b need to shut down all our public schools, shut down the dept of education, end all federal funding for schools. Let people figure out how to educate their own kids, create their own community schools, just as we did as pioneers. No unions. No tenure. No affirmative action. No licensing, no degrees required.

Yeah but nobody could reed or right too much gooder back than.

Our citizens received better educations before federal interference, when most dropped out by the age of 13, and only attended when they weren't working, and the teachers were chosen for their morality and were lodged with the families so they could be closely monitored.

I've been advocating for the dismantling of the DOE for years

It wasn't created until 1978 or so..and isn't it an amazing coincidence that that is exactly when the education of our kids went to SHIT for kids in public schools.[/QUOTE]

1. Department of Education is, of course, unconstitutional. The Constitution clearly states that powers not granted to the federal government belong to the states. So where is the impetus for its creation? Unions. The National Education Association (NEA) “In 1972, the massive union formed a political action committee…released ‘Needed: A Cabinet Department of Education’ in 1975, but its most significant step was to endorse a presidential candidate- Jimmy Carter- for the first time in the history of the organization.” D.T. Stallngs, “A Brief History of the Department of Education: 1979-2002,” p. 3. When formed, its budget was $13.1 billion (in 2007 dollars) and it employed 450 people. IN 2010, the estimated budget is $107 billion, and there are 4,800 employees. http://crunchycon.nationalreview.co...-department-education-not-radical/mona-charen “In November 1995, when the federal government shut down over a budget crisis, 89.4 percent of the department’s employees were deemed ‘nonessential’ and sent home.” Beck and Balfe, “Broke,” p.304

No paved roads, no surgical anesthesia, no sewage treatment plants! If you want to go full on stupid, go all the way!
You've yet to tell us how removing federal funding from schools will cause this? I won't hold my breath waiting for the deflection.
How do you suppose ditching public schools, going back to 1870s style education in the twenty first century will prevent the next Tad Cummings?

Academic Performance
  • The home-educated typically score 15 to 30 percentile points above public-school students on standardized academic achievement tests. (Percentiles range from 1 to 99 on these tests.)

• Homeschool students score above average on achievement tests regardless of their parents’ level of formal education or their family’s household income.

• Whether homeschool parents were ever certified teachers is not related to their children’s academic achievement.

• Degree of state control and regulation of homeschooling is not related to academic achievement.

• Home-educated students typically score above average on the SAT and ACT tests that colleges consider for admissions.

Home schooling ios not a panacea. We should NEVER abandon public schools for the whims and eccentricities of a home school curriculum. And, yes I earned my degree at a state university and my grade school and high school education through the public school system.

Apparently Cummings said he was glad the ordeal is over.

However for him the ordeal is just beginning.

First there will be jail.

Then trial.

Then shame and embarrassment.

Then sentencing.

Then prison.

And possibly no parole for a long, long time for kidnapping and statutory rape of a minor.

I read something about these two people on the web. It seems they were "engaged", she loves him and he loves her...
I don't understand how this could be possible...she's just a kid and he's a middle age man.
I know love sees no age but in this case maybe love was too blind... :shock:
In American if a person is under 18 they need parental consent to get involved like this.

And up to age 18 children are the sole custody of their parents nobody else.

So this moron Cummings is in a lot of trouble with the law.

This would be a bit over-reactionary.

Just a bit.
No, it would be wonderful. Our education system is worthless.
I believe education is the purview of the States not the Feds.

But ultimately the States need to teach people literacy and how voting is done.

Otherwise a democratic republic does not work.

Academic Performance

Home schooling ios not a panacea. We should NEVER abandon public schools for the whims and eccentricities of a home school curriculum. And, yes I earned my degree at a state university and my grade school and high school education through the public school system.

Public schools?

This->

"The California Federation of Teachers (CFT) passed a resolution at its most recent convention claiming that “the continued unjust incarceration of Mumia Abu-Jamal represents a threat to the civil rights of all people.” Thirty years ago, Abu-Jamal took away Philadelphia policeman Daniel Faulkner’s foremost civil right: his life. How obtuse of the CFT to disregard “the threat to the civil rights of all people” represented by someone capable of gunning down a man tasked with protecting the public.

The pantheon of leftist saints includes the Haymarket Square bombers, responsible for the deaths of eight Chicago cops, Joe Hill, murderer of former police officer John Morrison in Salt Lake City, Huey Newton, murderer of Oakland policeman John Frey, and Leonard Peltier, murderer of FBI agents Jack Coler and Ronald Williams. Notice a pattern?"
Teachers' Mumia Abu-Jamal Resolution Out of Sync Morally and Historically | Human Events

What would happen to any company that turned out the produce that public schools do?

You know, don't you.

meteor.jpg

Forum List

Back