Syria war enters crucial phase as pressure grows on both Assad and Islamic State

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
No one really know how conflicts will end so we will have to see what happens in the future.

Syria war enters crucial phase as pressure grows on both Assad and Islamic State

David Pratt

Foreign Editor, Sunday Herald
Friday 3 July 2015

All wars have a turning point.

All too often that pivotal moment is never visible until well after it happens.

Four years into the Syrian conflict that has claimed the lives of more than a quarter of a million people and caused the suffering of many millions more have we finally reached that turning point?

Has that critical moment arrived when the direction of the war in Syria is shifting irrevocably and simultaneously against both the regime of President Bashar al-Assad and those Islamic State (IS) fighters seeking to oust him?

It would be a brave if not foolish analyst that would say unequivocally that was indeed the case right now. I for one would urge caution over such an evaluation. That said there are undoubtedly signs that the battlefield tide may be turning.

Continue reading at:

Syria war enters crucial phase as pressure grows on both Assad and Islamic State Herald Scotland?

omg

there she comes.... LOL ....:laugh2:

Skye is a very sick woman. She imagines that someone has a gun to her head forcing her to read my posts. Skye, fire your therapist; he is doing you no good. Someone who has to come to this forum and make the remark you just did needs a lot of help.

omg

Skye is a very sick woman. She imagines that someone has a gun to her head forcing her to read my posts. Skye, fire your therapist; he is doing you no good. Someone who has to come to this forum and make the remark you just did needs a lot of help.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

and here I was thinking you were a bot!!!

posting one thread after another!!!!!

but no

you are human LOL

are you? LOL

omg

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

but no

you are human LOL

are you? LOL

Why don't you tell the readers why you bother to come to this forum, contribute nothing about the Middle East, but get your cheap thrills making silly remarks about me? Does it make you feel important in your probably miserable life?

omg

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

but no

you are human LOL

are you? LOL

Why don't you tell the readers why you bother to come to this forum, contribute nothing about the Middle East, but get your cheap thrills making silly remarks about me? Does it make you feel important in your probably miserable life?

Peace :bow2:

you post too many threads which do not hepl Israel OK?

peace to you

omg

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

but no

you are human LOL

are you? LOL

Peace :bow2:

you post too many threads which do not hepl Israel OK?

peace to you

This happens to be the Middle East forum in case you forgot. Do you check out the other people on these various forums and count up the number of posts that they make. I suggest that you do -- then come back here and give us a list of the top five.

Hossfly?
Help!!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:lmao:

oops

Hossfly?
Help!!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:lmao:

oops

Poor delusional woman. I have seen a list here for the USMB of the top posters where some have posted in the thousands for a month; and yet in her sick mind she thinks I am posting tens of thousands each month. I am willing to bet that she has said nothing to posters who apparently spend their lives on these forums who get up to thousands of posts. She really should discuss this with her therapist.

Over a year ago I wrote an article advocating the only and most likely solution for Syria would be to break the country into two parts. If Assad remains in power those who have suffered and been displaced will never forgive him and live under his rule. A change in ruling factions is also not a viable solution in that it would probably unleash a wave of killings, and reprisals. Remember the Shiite-related Alawites rightly fear an Al Qaeda led triumph as the worst possible outcome, they would make the mass killing of Alawites their first priority.

The secular leaders of the Syrian rebels, clustered in the exile group known as the Syrian National Council, also must worry about the extremist threat they themselves would face if the Assad government fell. It all appeared a massively ugly mess and little has changed other than ISIS entering the mix. More on why I finally came to this solution and why it still remains the best option in the article below.

Advancing Time Syria Must Be Split In Two

Forum List

Back