Swiftboat Veterans for Truth

Kathianne said:
No one, including McCain has said they were 'dishonest'. McCain said it was a smear campaign, which may well be the case-that doesn't mean untrue.

Bush has said to the effect that anyone who served should be respected, end of story.

Bush cannot tell the Swifties to stop-that would be 'coordinating' and is against the 597 part of Campaign Reform, thank John McCain for that.

Not that it really matters, but McCain did call the ads "dishonest".
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A42740-2004Aug5.html

You have to scroll pretty far down to find it, but it was in an interview with the associated press.

Whatever McCain or Bush said or didn't say, it draws my attention to one glaring fact. Where was Kerry's denouncement of those Hitler ads? Where was Kerry's denouncement of any of the hateful, dishonest things that have been spread about Bush? If Kerry hasn't been willing to do it, why in the hell should anyone denounce something for his benefit?

Jimmyeatworld said:
Not that it really matters, but McCain did call the ads "dishonest".
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A42740-2004Aug5.html

You have to scroll pretty far down to find it, but it was in an interview with the associated press.

Whatever McCain or Bush said or didn't say, it draws my attention to one glaring fact. Where was Kerry's denouncement of those Hitler ads? Where was Kerry's denouncement of any of the hateful, dishonest things that have been spread about Bush? If Kerry hasn't been willing to do it, why in the hell should anyone denounce something for his benefit?

You're correct. I wonder what he's basing that on? He really should tell all of us, so this dishonorable campaign might stop! :teeth:

ScreamingEagle said:
That's great news K! The Swift Boat story has legs and I hope it continues to run all the way to election time. I believe it will only get more and more coverage as the truth comes out. I believe Americans will be totally repulsed by someone "using" the military for political gain and the very large number of ex-military will be gnashing their teeth.

Hadn't heard about the Alston :bsflag: angle. So Alston is supposed to be one of the "ship mates" serving under Kerry and "verifying" the truth of Kerry's heroics supposedly while on the "same ship"? But Alston actually LEFT said ship because he was wounded and sent to a hospital BEFORE Kerry actually ever set foot on aforementioned ship? What has Alston actually been reported as saying about Kerry I wonder? I also wonder if Kerry is paying Alston for his support. I've also heard rumors that the few pro-Kerry vets have been instructed not to talk in public.

Alston timeline, very useful:

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/002255.php

Kathianne said:

Very interesting and as stated: In order to clear this up, both Kerry and Alston need to release all of their military records for review. Because the way it looks right now, Kerry and his campaign have perpetrated a fraud in order to bolster the credentials from the only executive role he has ever had, and the central qualification he's put forward for his candidacy.

ScreamingEagle said:
Very interesting and as stated: In order to clear this up, both Kerry and Alston need to release all of their military records for review. Because the way it looks right now, Kerry and his campaign have perpetrated a fraud in order to bolster the credentials from the only executive role he has ever had, and the central qualification he's put forward for his candidacy.

Most definately. As stated earlier, I believe on another thread, the media had no problem writing scores of editorials calling for Bush's records regarding military service. The silence regarding Kerry is deafening.

Kathianne said:
Most definately. As stated earlier, I believe on another thread, the media had no problem writing scores of editorials calling for Bush's records regarding military service. The silence regarding Kerry is deafening.

Today on "Meet the Press" (it should be renamed to, "Meet the Democrats". I have never seen such a partisan "News" show in my life!

Well, one of the "journalists" said that since Kerry's military awards were issued by the "government", they could not be questioned. He then went on about Bush being "awol". I was screaming at the TV (I was in the gym doing the "Stairmaster" so I was "reading" the conversation instead of listening - I am sure when I started screaming at the TV some thought I was nuts) that since Bush's discharge was issued by the "government" then that matter should be dropped too - if we take the same position with Bush as with Kerry. If Bush had been awol, he never would have received and honorable discharge. Don't forget Mr. "Reporter". . . . Bush's discharge was given by the "government" too, so either be consistent, or drop that argument.

freeandfun1 said:
Today on "Meet the Press" (it should be renamed to, "Meet the Democrats". I have never seen such a partisan "News" show in my life!

Well, one of the "journalists" said that since Kerry's military awards were issued by the "government", they could not be questioned. He then went on about Bush being "awol". I was screaming at the TV (I was in the gym doing the "Stairmaster" so I was "reading" the conversation instead of listening - I am sure when I started screaming at the TV some thought I was nuts) that since Bush's discharge was issued by the "government" then that matter should be dropped too - if we take the same position with Bush as with Kerry. If Bush had been awol, he never would have received and honorable discharge. Don't forget Mr. "Reporter". . . . Bush's discharge was given by the "government" too, so either be consistent, or drop that argument.

Still blabbing about the Swiftboat Vets for Truth. I thought I squashed this one a long time ago. Kerry put his life on the line in 'Nam, Bush did not. Period. Sorry, but them's the breaks.

smirkinjesus said:
Still blabbing about the Swiftboat Vets for Truth. I thought I squashed this one a long time ago. Kerry put his life on the line in 'Nam, Bush did not. Period. Sorry, but them's the breaks.

Smirkin, you were warned by 2 administators about your flaming/trolling. A time out is in order here, as you've yet to offer anything that would put anything 'to rest.' Free was discussing what her thoughts were on what she had watched. You just flamed with no cause. Take 24, consider how you might be part of a discussion or debate.

SMIRKINJESUS AKA MESSIAHGRINNER serious mistake here:

13- Dual Accounts -Users are only allowed to have one posting handle. Anyone found posting under dual identities will have both accounts terminated.

Good bye!

I just don't get these guys. I think anyone who serves in any armed service should be honored, but when you're allowed to slam one candidate because of his record, shouldn't the other side on the other candidate be heard. Kerry is leaning his whole race on 4 months over 30 years ago and is ignoring his senate record. Well, if he's leaning it all on one thing, let's see both sides of the story. If the people who served with Kerry think he's unfit for command, I think we should hear what they have to say, but every time it's brought up, every liberal yells, "SMEAR CAMPAIGN!!!" conveniently ignoring the downright hatred the libs have shown Bush.

Hobbit said:
I just don't get these guys. I think anyone who serves in any armed service should be honored, but when you're allowed to slam one candidate because of his record, shouldn't the other side on the other candidate be heard. Kerry is leaning his whole race on 4 months over 30 years ago and is ignoring his senate record. Well, if he's leaning it all on one thing, let's see both sides of the story. If the people who served with Kerry think he's unfit for command, I think we should hear what they have to say, but every time it's brought up, every liberal yells, "SMEAR CAMPAIGN!!!" conveniently ignoring the downright hatred the libs have shown Bush.

You got that right Hobbit. There is a roundup of what the press demanded of Bush, who did not run on his military record. Nothing in the MSM so far about Kerry, though some papers are beginning to pick up on it-they're not the 'biggies'. Check the 'crack' thread on polictical forum.

Well, messiahgrinner/smirkinjesus - now that you have taken the time to skirt the rules and post with dual accounts, both of your accounts have been permanently banned. Please do visit http://www.yahoo.com for more discussion with those who have no brains.

jimnyc said:
Well, messiahgrinner/smirkinjesus - now that you have taken the time to skirt the rules and post with dual accounts, both of your accounts have been permanently banned. Please do visit http://www.yahoo.com for more discussion with those who have no brains.

:laugh: :laugh: :trolls: :rotflmao:

jimnyc said:

I try to warn them. I try to tell them that the Jim is a good and merciful Jim, but that the Jim is also a just Jim, whose wrath is terrible, but they do not hear my words, and break rules out of spite, and then they end up another memory with a few dozen posts. Let this be a lesson to all of us to follow the commandments and respect the Jim. The Jim giveth these boards, and the Jim can taketh them away.

Hobbit said:
I try to warn them. I try to tell them that the Jim is a good and merciful Jim, but that the Jim is also a just Jim, whose wrath is terrible, but they do not hear my words, and break rules out of spite, and then they end up another memory with a few dozen posts. Let this be a lesson to all of us to follow the commandments and respect the Jim. The Jim giveth these boards, and the Jim can taketh them away.

Hobbit don't be modest, you also tried to tell them that I was sweet and kind. I told them I was patient! :thanks: :tng:

Hobbit said:

LOL
:cof:

ScreamingEagle said:
That's great news K! The Swift Boat story has legs and I hope it continues to run all the way to election time. I believe it will only get more and more coverage as the truth comes out. I believe Americans will be totally repulsed by someone "using" the military for political gain and the very large number of ex-military will be gnashing their teeth.

Hadn't heard about the Alston :bsflag: angle. So Alston is supposed to be one of the "ship mates" serving under Kerry and "verifying" the truth of Kerry's heroics supposedly while on the "same ship"? But Alston actually LEFT said ship because he was wounded and sent to a hospital BEFORE Kerry actually ever set foot on aforementioned ship? What has Alston actually been reported as saying about Kerry I wonder? I also wonder if Kerry is paying Alston for his support. I've also heard rumors that the few pro-Kerry vets have been instructed not to talk in public.

Do you think any of this will work it's way into the debates? Or will Bush try to stay above the fray???

smirkinjesus said:

Yes gettng a bruise on your ass really is metal worthy and presidentail material :laugh:

Kathianne said:
Smirkin, you were warned by 2 administators about your flaming/trolling. A time out is in order here, as you've yet to offer anything that would put anything 'to rest.' Free was discussing what her thoughts were on what she had watched. You just flamed with no cause. Take 24, consider how you might be part of a discussion or debate.

SMIRKINJESUS AKA MESSIAHGRINNER serious mistake here:

13- Dual Accounts -Users are only allowed to have one posting handle. Anyone found posting under dual identities will have both accounts terminated.

Good bye!

Thirteen accounts? I can understand reasons someone would try two, but 13 reeks of someone that wants to make it look like a lot of people are agreeing with them. That's just silly.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Thirteen accounts? I can understand reasons someone would try two, but 13 reeks of someone that wants to make it look like a lot of people are agreeing with them. That's just silly.

Rule #13!

Forum List

Back