Swiftboat Veterans for Truth

fubar said:
Well, whats-his-face, the author of Unfit For Duty, says of the hundred or so people Kerry dealt with in the swift boat unit, about 85 or so say kerry is lying. He includes their names and affadavits as well. So he said last night on Hannity & the Other Guy.

When the people who are called wrong far outnumber the people who accuse them, doesn't it bear at least a little attention ?

Well... you know fubar, anyone that's a reasonable thinking person would think so. But this is the "conservatives" acusing the "liberals" of lying, and we all know liberals don't lie.... (HEAVY on the sarcasm..)

amazingly when george junior was a "fighter pilot" defending the lone star state, not one vc or nva soldier invaded texas!

salvatoreseb said:
amazingly when george junior was a "fighter pilot" defending the lone star state, not one vc or nva soldier invaded texas!

See, that statement just shows HOW IGNORANT you liberals are.

Since Kerry's spotty military record is being so carefully scrutinized because he is running on his military experience, I think it bears noting that while George W. doesn't have any combat experience to run on, he keeps his Air Guard background front and center in the public eye-- That appearance on the deck of an aircraft carrier to proclaim an end to major combat operations in Iraq was possibly the president's most iconic moment thus far. Outside of that "now watch this drive" lapse. A couple of days ago he gave his stump speech in New Mexico in a airplane factory, and had one of the airplanes remain in the warehouse pointed directly at him. He joked that he and Senator McCain were going to 'take it for a spin' after the rally. Between these moments and his oft-heard proclamation of being a war-time president, I think its fair to say that Bush's guard service record, or lack thereof, is fair game as well.

Also, why is Senator McCain denouncing the Swiftboat Ads as 'untruthful' and slanderous? This isn't a faux-ignorance rhetorical device, I'm curious as to why '85 people who served with Kerry said he lied' isn't being taken more seriously, considering the import of the allegations. Along the same thread, why is the Bush campaign denouncing them? Isn't there a lot gain for them here? I have to agree with others that an overt denial of the allegations would be more effective than 'digging up dirt' on the swiftboaters. Kerry seems pretty vulnerable here, why isn't the GOP going for the jugular, both parties have shown their willingness to be aggressive in smearing each other.

P.S. someone wanna link me to the 'digging up dirt' on the swiftboaters, or the dirt that has been dug?

I just want to say that you are all pitiful. You should be ashamed of yourselves, completely ashamed, as I am that you call yourselves veterans .... especially veterans of Viet Nam. Strap on whatever you need to strap on and tell the world you're in Bush's pocket, be honest; but please don't embarass yourselves and any more of your fellow veterans or citizens of the USA by badmouthing a fellow veteran in the way you have.

Viet Nam was wrong .... Bush's Iraq is wrong .... but the men and women fighting, then and now, should never be insulted by anyone for any purpose. The lowest of the low would be a fellow serviceman or woman to do the insulting and criticizing, the likes of yourselves.

Bush is a liar, a thief, an idiot, and a very rich, strongly supported political manipulator, with strong and powerful ties. I hope and pray for the sake of this country, that he is not re-elected. I would suggest really educating yourselves, asking questions about where Daddy Bush was when JFK was assassinated, what buttons were pushed and who pushed them during that era, then speed forward and ask yourselves what country did the majority of the terrorists come from on that dreadful day three years ago. I find it hard to believe that people can be such puppets and believe the swill that you and others stuff down peoples' throats via the media. The mindless suck it up, the thinkers stress over it, and the low-lifes jump on the bandwagon, without really thinking, and try to stiffle the truth. Whether Dubya wins or not, he will still be the liar he is now, the one who didn't win the last election ..... you know, the one who was appointed by the crooked Supreme Court.

Once out of the foxhole, the conscience takes a break .... right.

Rita said:
I just want to say that you are all pitiful. You should be ashamed of yourselves, completely ashamed, as I am that you call yourselves veterans .... especially veterans of Viet Nam. Strap on whatever you need to strap on and tell the world you're in Bush's pocket, be honest; but please don't embarass yourselves and any more of your fellow veterans or citizens of the USA by badmouthing a fellow veteran in the way you have.

Viet Nam was wrong .... Bush's Iraq is wrong .... but the men and women fighting, then and now, should never be insulted by anyone for any purpose. The lowest of the low would be a fellow serviceman or woman to do the insulting and criticizing, the likes of yourselves.

Bush is a liar, a thief, an idiot, and a very rich, strongly supported political manipulator, with strong and powerful ties. I hope and pray for the sake of this country, that he is not re-elected. I would suggest really educating yourselves, asking questions about where Daddy Bush was when JFK was assassinated, what buttons were pushed and who pushed them during that era, then speed forward and ask yourselves what country did the majority of the terrorists come from on that dreadful day three years ago. I find it hard to believe that people can be such puppets and believe the swill that you and others stuff down peoples' throats via the media. The mindless suck it up, the thinkers stress over it, and the low-lifes jump on the bandwagon, without really thinking, and try to stiffle the truth. Whether Dubya wins or not, he will still be the liar he is now, the one who didn't win the last election ..... you know, the one who was appointed by the crooked Supreme Court.

YOU should be ashamed of yourself for being such a sheep. You are a sad excuse for a human being. You won't see any of the truth because it does not fit your agenda. Get a life, your own life, and quit following like a sheep in a herd.

Rita said:

Back! Back to Yahoo where you belong! Back to the land of trolls and conspiracy! Back!

Hey Rita....who is pulling your strings? Sounds to me like you are carrying quite a load for whomever your "masters" are.

What branch of the service were you in? If someone from the service wants to take me to ask, then I am happy to listen to what they have to say out of mutual respect, and the knowledge that they have at least served this nation...what have you done for this nation? How many years have you given to the service of the US?

There is a brotherhood of those of us who have served (along with many women as well), and it is our duty to voice our concerns over the leadership capabilities of a former veteran, no matter when, where or how they served...regardless of the fact that they got 3 purple hearts in less than 4 months of duty, and somehow got out early, because they requested it, to go work on a political campaign. (How come I never had that option?) Mr. P...did you get the chance to get out early? How about you, Sailor Man?

You can ride out of here on your high horse, if you choose or you can stay, but I know this already, you have not made a very good first impression with me, or any of the people I know who have served in the military.

Rita said:

Actually with few exceptions you just described Kerry to a T :clap:

nakedemperor said:
Since Kerry's spotty military record is being so carefully scrutinized because he is running on his military experience, I think it bears noting that while George W. doesn't have any combat experience to run on, he keeps his Air Guard background front and center in the public eye-- That appearance on the deck of an aircraft carrier to proclaim an end to major combat operations in Iraq was possibly the president's most iconic moment thus far. Outside of that "now watch this drive" lapse. A couple of days ago he gave his stump speech in New Mexico in a airplane factory, and had one of the airplanes remain in the warehouse pointed directly at him. He joked that he and Senator McCain were going to 'take it for a spin' after the rally. Between these moments and his oft-heard proclamation of being a war-time president, I think its fair to say that Bush's guard service record, or lack thereof, is fair game as well.

Also, why is Senator McCain denouncing the Swiftboat Ads as 'untruthful' and slanderous? This isn't a faux-ignorance rhetorical device, I'm curious as to why '85 people who served with Kerry said he lied' isn't being taken more seriously, considering the import of the allegations. Along the same thread, why is the Bush campaign denouncing them? Isn't there a lot gain for them here? I have to agree with others that an overt denial of the allegations would be more effective than 'digging up dirt' on the swiftboaters. Kerry seems pretty vulnerable here, why isn't the GOP going for the jugular, both parties have shown their willingness to be aggressive in smearing each other.

P.S. someone wanna link me to the 'digging up dirt' on the swiftboaters, or the dirt that has been dug?

Go ahead and attack Bush for his service or lack thereof. Problem is, you libs have already beat that horse to death.

Now you guys are in a tizzy because the same thing is happening to you. :cof:

Regarding the Swift Boat allegations, I'm sure that the Republican leadership is keeping above the fray in order to avoid any dirt being slung around. The truth will speak for itself.

Regarding the truthfulness of the allegations, I believe that the author of the book is an attorney himself and knows the definition of and the penalties for libel and slander so I am sure he has been very careful to stick to the straight and narrow. Maybe you should first read the book for the facts before you run around seeking liberal web sites that will just gratuitously attack the Swift Boat vets on any slim thread of convoluted reasoning.

Are you a reasonable thinker that looks at both sets of facts surrounding a situation or are you just a puppet on a liberal string? :D

Rita said:

Did you come from the Democratic Underground, or MoveOn.org? Your post looks to be full of sound bites from those two organizations.

ScreamingEagle said:
Go ahead and attack Bush for his service or lack thereof. Problem is, you libs have already beat that horse to death.

Regarding the truthfulness of the allegations, I believe that the author of the book is an attorney himself and knows the definition of and the penalties for libel and slander so I am sure he has been very careful to stick to the straight and narrow. Maybe you should first read the book for the facts before you run around seeking liberal web sites that will just gratuitously attack the Swift Boat vets on any slim thread of convoluted reasoning.

Are you a reasonable thinker that looks at both sets of facts surrounding a situation or are you just a puppet on a liberal string? :D

Which book are you talking about? My post was about an Ad. Puppet on a liberal string... ok considering I pointed out similarities between the two candidates, and then asked a simple question about the GOP's reaction to the Ads, a serious, unsarcastic question ("not a faux-rhetorical device"), I don't see where you get off calling me a puppet. That kind of stuff belond on Yahoo, man.

Yo jarhead there's a really funny strip about soldiers trying to do exactly that, that is, request out of the military for personal reasons and magically have it go through-- I think you'll enjoy it.

Rita said:

Too funny. I'd take a crack at answering you, but despite my best efforts, I still have too many brain cells functioning to get stupid enough to communicate on your level.

Have some more Kool-aid.

nakedemperor said:
Which book are you talking about? My post was about an Ad. Puppet on a liberal string... ok considering I pointed out similarities between the two candidates, and then asked a simple question about the GOP's reaction to the Ads, a serious, unsarcastic question ("not a faux-rhetorical device"), I don't see where you get off calling me a puppet. That kind of stuff belond on Yahoo, man.

Yo jarhead there's a really funny strip about soldiers trying to do exactly that, that is, request out of the military for personal reasons and magically have it go through-- I think you'll enjoy it.

The book is "Unfit for Command" The swift boat veterans are releasing it if they havent already.

The book is "Unfit for Command" The swift boat veterans are releasing it if they havent already.

They already have and the Kerry camp is scrambling and trying to "discredit" the authors while ignoring the substance of the book. They can't fight the truth so, as is their usual tactic, they are getting personal. Go for it. These guys (the swiftboat vets) don't seem to be scared at all. Why should they be when they have the TRUTH on their side?

written by authors John O'Neill and Jerome Corsi. You can get the book on Amazon.com. Exerpts:

From the Publisher
Find out why John Kerry is Unfit for Command as told by the men who served with him
Unfit for Command reveals a John Kerry you don't know-the true John Kerry that his political image-makers are trying to hide. But the veterans who served with him know better, and in Unfit for Command, they tell their story, including:
* How all three of John Kerry's Purple Hearts were for minor injuries, easily treated with band-aids, not requiring a single hour of hospitalization
* How captured Americans were tortured in North Vietnamese prisons for not endorsing John Kerry's false testimony-before the United States Senate-about alleged American war crimes
* How John Kerry carried a typewriter and an 8-mm home movie camera with him to Vietnam so he could record his own exaggerated version of his war exploits and film staged reenactments of his "combat actions" to advance his political career
* Why John Kerry's photograph hangs in a place of honor in the Vietnamese communist "War Remnants Museum" in Saigon
Want to know the real John Kerry? Read Unfit for Command-and prepare to be shocked.

From the Inside Flap
John Kerry, War Hero? Guess again.
John O'Neill was the naval officer who took over John Kerry's swift boat in the muddy waters of Vietnam. What he learned convinced him-and convinced the majority of veterans who served directly with Kerry-that John Kerry was and is unfit for command at the lowliest rank in the Navy, let alone as commander in chief of the United States.
In this stunning new book, John O'Neill and his coauthor Dr. Jerome Corsi (an expert on the anti-Vietnam War movement) have interviewed dozens of veterans who served with Kerry and have meticulously documented a shameful record of betrayal and deception on the part of John Kerry.
In Unfit for Command you'll learn:
* How two of John Kerry's three Purple Heart decorations resulted from self-inflicted wounds, not suffered under enemy fire
* Why John Kerry's third Purple Heart "fanny wound" was the highlight of his much touted "no man left behind" Bronze Star
* How John Kerry turned the tragic death of a father and small child in a Vietnamese fishing boat into an act of "heroism" by filing a false report on the incident.
* How John Kerry entered an abandoned Vietnamese village and slaughtered the domestic animals owned by the civilians and burned down their homes with his Zippo lighter
* How John Kerry's reckless behavior convinced his colleagues that he had to go-becoming the only swift boat veteran to serve only four-months in Vietnam
* How as a leader of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, John Kerry attended a meeting where plans were discussed to assassinate prominent United States Senators who supported the war
* How Kerry met secretly with communist delegates at the Paris Peace Conference during the Vietnam War, and why some believe he violated the Uniform Code of Military Justice and federal law
Based on detailed interviews with Swift Boat veterans who served in Vietnam with John Kerry and on recently released FBI surveillance reports of John Kerry's anti-war activities, Unfit for Command is a shocking indictment of a politician who slandered his fellow veterans, danced on the edge of treason, and has shamelessly exaggerated his own war service for political ends

About the Author
John O'Neill served in Coastal Division 11 in Vietnam and took command of PCF 94, John Kerry's swift boat, after Kerry's departure. Outraged by Kerry's anti-war slanders against his fellow veterans, O'Neill faced Kerry in a famous debate on the Dick Cavett Show in 1971 refuting Kerry's accusations of rampant American war crimes in Vietnam. A graduate of the Naval Academy, and from a Navy family, O'Neill is a lawyer in private practice in Houston.
Jerome Corsi received his Ph.D. from Harvard University and is an expert on political violence and the anti-war movement in the United States.

Hi Rita, I was about to jump on you pretty hard, but my ilk beat me to it.

One thing they forgot to mention was in your rant about daring to insult a fellow soldier ( I was only a lowly National Guard MP no combat), you forgot that John Kerry is THE man responsible for America believing that returning soldiers & marines were sadistic baby killers ad rapists. And his witnesses were not only lying, many of them were never even there.

Although some of the Swift Boat veterans are saying that Kerry did some things that disgusted them when it came to un needed violence.

The arrogance is unbelievable:

INSTAPUNDIT

August 13, 2004
KERRY'S CAMBODIA STORY IS CHANGING AGAIN: Here's the old story:

I remember spending Christmas Day of 1968 five miles across the Cambodian border being shot at by our South Vietnamese Allies who were drunk and celebrating Christmas. The absurdity of almost being killed by our own allies in a country in which President Nixon claimed there were no American troops was very real.

But now that witnesses have come forth saying that these are false, here's the new one:

"On Christmas Eve he was near Cambodia; he was around 50 miles from the Cambodian border. There's no indictment of Kerry to be made, but he was mistaken about Christmas in Cambodia," said Douglas Brinkley, who has unique access to the candidate's wartime journals. . . .

He said: "Kerry went into Cambodian waters three or four times in January and February 1969 on clandestine missions. He had a run dropping off US Navy Seals, Green Berets and CIA guys." The missions were not armed attacks on Cambodia, said Mr Brinkley, who did not include the clandestine missions in his wartime biography of Mr Kerry, Tour of Duty.

(Emphasis added.) Hmm. That conflicts with this 1994 Kerry statement, too:/B]

Kerry, who served in Vietnam on a gunboat in the Mekong Delta from 1968 to 1969, said he was involved in a "black mission" near Cambodia. "On Christmas Eve of 1968, I was on a gunboat in a firefight that wasn't supposed to be taking place," Kerry recalled. "I thought, if I'm killed here, what will my family be told?"

It's certainly a convenient change for Kerry, as Ed Morrissey notes, since it's after witness Stephen Gardner, who says Kerry was never in Cambodia, left the boat.

He's said it happened at Christmas for 25 years. I guess it wasn't so "seared" into his memory as he's been claiming . . . .

And what's even more amazing -- and considerably more appalling -- is that I just checked the New York Times and Washington Post sites and there's still absolutely nothing on this story there. A Kerry claim proven false, a retraction, and a retrenchment -- and absolutely no coverage at all. It's as is they're letting their coverage be shaped by the fact that they want Kerry to win or something. Kind of makes you wonder what else they're leaving out.
posted at 08:41 AM by Glenn Reynolds

Kathianne said:
The arrogance is unbelievable:

INSTAPUNDIT

Right! Not only arrogance but full of twisted lies. After knowing this who in their right mind would want to elect John Kerry to the highest office of our great country? Character matters. The liberals keep producing some real scummy candidates. But I guess that just reflects the true character of their platform.

The liberal media is also doing their very best to keep people like John O'Neill from actually saying anything on their shows to bring the truth out. They attack and accuse and blow smoke and barely let the guy get in a word edgewise.

Forum List

Back