Swiftboat Veterans for Truth

I've heard that if only one-third of "Unfit For Command" is true, Kerry is toast.

I'm hoping Costco starts selling it soon.

ScreamingEagle said:
I've heard that if only one-third of "Unfit For Command" is true, Kerry is toast.

I'm hoping Costco starts selling it soon.

What a magical world this would be if that came to fruition.

this tactic will in your face. it's even appalling that anyone challenge a man WHOSE PARENTS HAD MONEY went over there to fight.
Yeah, and then he came back, said he committed atrocities, accused his fellow veterans of committing them on a massive scale, and made appearances with fake veterans like Hubbard and spouted more garbage about veterans. Now he's proud of his service and mentions it all the time (he never does mention the stuff about veterans being murderers though).

meanwhile, daddy is helping jr. stay out of harm's way, and even the Lord knows bush would never put his life in harm's way, let alone HIS children!! that's what YOUR children are for!
What does this even mean? A president shouldn't send troops anywhere unless he will also send his children? We have a volunteer army. You can't make them serve.

Next thing you know, spillmind will say that his anti-war/anti-veteran rhetoric was taken out of context and/or it doesn't matter.

Kathianne said:
You may be right, I think they will try to do what the LA Times did, but too many influential folk are no longer relying on the traditional media-which I believe the media is beginning, mind you, just beginning to get.

I agree. Don't you just love the internet!

britinusa said:
I agree. Don't you just love the internet!

Yeah I do! Wish Glenn or Steven were older and single! Damn, they are smart!

Just a few more thoughts on this Cambodia thing. If they've already been mentioned, I apologize in advance. This is a long thread and I have a short memory.

Kerry talks about being fired upon - in Cambodia on Christmas Eve 1968 - by drunken South Vietnamese soldiers who were celebrating Christmas. Were there many Christians in Vietnam back then? The Kerry camp have changed their story (actually they have so many different stories its hard to keep track). Now we are told that it was January 1969 (presumably late January, after Nixon's inauguration). So these drunken South Vietnamese (Buddhist?) soldiers were celebrating Christmas in January. They must have been very drunk!

Kerry told his fellow US Senators that this trip was "seared... seared" in his memory. It was the "defining moment of his life." So why isn't this very special event in Kerry's life mentioned in Douglas Brinkley's biography?

These Democrats are an amazing bunch. Bill Clinton is a serial adulterer and pathological liar, Algore is clinically insane and Kerry is Walter Mitty. What a crew!

britinusa said:
Just a few more thoughts on this Cambodia thing. If they've already been mentioned, I apologize in advance. This is a long thread and I have a short memory.

Kerry talks about being fired upon - in Cambodia on Christmas Eve 1968 - by drunken South Vietnamese soldiers who were celebrating Christmas. Were there many Christians in Vietnam back then? The Kerry camp have changed their story (actually they have so many different stories its hard to keep track). Now we are told that it was January 1969 (presumably late January, after Nixon's inauguration). So these drunken South Vietnamese (Buddhist?) soldiers were celebrating Christmas in January. They must have been very drunk!

Kerry told his fellow US Senators that this trip was "seared... seared" in his memory. It was the "defining moment of his life." So why isn't this very special event in Kerry's life mentioned in Douglas Brinkley's biography?

These Democrats are an amazing bunch. Bill Clinton is a serial adulterer and pathological liar, Algore is clinically insane and Kerry is Walter Mitty. What a crew!

I think you've summed that up nicely!

britinusa:

LMFAO! Walter Mitty!

ta-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa....

"To hell with the blindfold!"

Beautiful analogy!

Bonnie said:
What a magical world this would be if that came to fruition.

How true...

Recently at Costco I saw many liberal books such as Clinton's story, Al Franken, Michael Moore, and Bushwacked by the Huffy gal.

I believe the only conservative-leaning book I saw was one on General Tommy Franks. I've seen others in the past of course but somehow I think there won't be many until after the election. :(

ScreamingEagle said:
How true...

Recently at Costco I saw many liberal books such as Clinton's story, Al Franken, Michael Moore, and Bushwacked by the Huffy gal.

I believe the only conservative-leaning book I saw was one on General Tommy Franks. I've seen others in the past of course but somehow I think there won't be many until after the election. :(

I've pointed out before Costco's bias. However, I did find Morris' book at Costco (and bought it!).

freeandfun1 said:
I've pointed out before Costco's bias. However, I did find Morris' book at Costco (and bought it!).

Been looking for his book there. Which one did you find? Off With Their Heads or Rewriting History?

ScreamingEagle said:
Been looking for his book there. Which one did you find? Off With Their Heads or Rewriting History?

Rewriting history. And believe it or not, there was a LOT of people buying the book the same day I did.

Hillary and Clinton's books have been sitting there gathering dust. I would like to see WHO is really buying their books. Probably similar to Jim Wright's book. Remember that?

freeandfun1 said:
Rewriting history. And believe it or not, there was a LOT of people buying the book the same day I did.

Hillary and Clinton's books have been sitting there gathering dust. I would like to see WHO is really buying their books. Probably similar to Jim Wright's book. Remember that?

Hah! Maybe that's why there are so many liberal books sitting there...nobody is buying them! :D

No, don't remember. Which book and what about?

ScreamingEagle said:
Hah! Maybe that's why there are so many liberal books sitting there...nobody is buying them! :D

No, don't remember. Which book and what about?

Jim Wright (D) from Texas was forced to resign as Speaker of the House when it was discovered that the DNC and the publisher and some of his backers were the folks who bought his book. It was a way to funnel money to him indirectly.

freeandfun1 said:
Jim Wright (D) from Texas was forced to resign as Speaker of the House when it was discovered that the DNC and the publisher and some of his backers were the folks who bought his book. It was a way to funnel money to him indirectly.

So that was how Gingrich got rid of him...

And obviously why there was such a big stink later about Gingrich's book deal.

ScreamingEagle said:
How true...

Some book stores and other outlets in the past have made a conserted effort to place the liberal books more prominantly, while almost hiding conservative works. But the good news is people still manage to find what they are really looking for :mm:

PS..................I wonder what the profit margin for Air America or whatever it's called, will actually be this fiscal quarter :funnyface

freeandfun1 said:

Free, have you ever read, "With Reagan", by Edwin Meese? It was the first non-spin account of the Iran-Contra affar I'd ever read, and Wright doesn't exactly come out of it smelling like a rose. At the very best, he and the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives were Daniel Ortega's lovesick dupes (some of the correspondence wavers between sickening and embarrasing). At the worst, they were simply traitors.

Probably won't be an easy book to find, either.

musicman said:
Free, have you ever read, "With Reagan", by Edwin Meese? It was the first non-spin account of the Iran-Contra affar I'd ever read, and Wright doesn't exactly come out of it smelling like a rose. At the very best, he and the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives were Daniel Ortega's lovesick dupes (some of the correspondence wavers between sickening and embarrasing). At the worst, they were simply traitors.

Probably won't be an easy book to find, either.

Don't mean to interrupt, but you can buy it at Amazon.com used for 2.95.

It is a very interesting book!!!

Forum List

Back