Swiftboat Veterans for Truth

ScreamingEagle said:
Right! Not only arrogance but full of twisted lies. After knowing this who in their right mind would want to elect John Kerry to the highest office of our great country? Character matters. The liberals keep producing some real scummy candidates. But I guess that just reflects the true character of their platform.

The liberal media is also doing their very best to keep people like John O'Neill from actually saying anything on their shows to bring the truth out. They attack and accuse and blow smoke and barely let the guy get in a word edgewise.

Glenn Reynolds has the first print media coverage of this story-more will follow:

INSTAPUNDIT

SAN FRANCISCO EXAMINER

John F. Kerry's campaign for president is imploding. And he knows it.

The anti-war candidate went public as a pro-war candidate this week, and the members of his beloved "Band of Brothers" are exposing a whole book's worth of ugly lies. And they've got details, evidence, footnotes, signed affidavits and witnesses who back up their claims.

Kerry himself bestowed immense credibility on his "Band of Brothers" when he used a picture of some of them in his campaign ad titled "Lifetime."

Essentially, Kerry made Vietnam, and these men, the centerpiece of his campaign. Of course, that was when he thought they'd support his candidacy. No matter that he'd never bothered to ask their permission to use them to promote his political career.

Now, however, the Kerry campaign is on a search-and-destroy mission to attack the credibility of these same men -- calling them liars, all 60 of them, and saying they didn't serve in the military with him. Really? Then why'd Kerry use their pictures in his ad campaign?

These are the same men who Kerry hailed as his "Band of Brothers," who he implied knew him well and could vouch for him as a wonderful soldier and man.

These men, who Kerry inferred that we, the American people, could trust to tell us that he would make a great president, are suddenly liars. And why? Because they aren't saying what Kerry wants them to say. Because they aren't puppets. Because they're insisting on speaking the truth, a concept with which Kerry obviously isn't familiar.

Could this attack on their credibility be related to the fact that they've announced that he's unfit to serve as president? Looks to me like he wrote the wrong names down in the reference column of his resume.

The worst part of this political fiasco is that it could have been completely avoided. With a little work, preparation and organization, Kerry or his staff could have shown these veterans a little common courtesy by finding out where they stand regarding his candidacy and asking their permission to use them as references. This was a huge mistake, and it's costing Kerry dearly.

But like an old fish story in which the catch keeps getting larger with every telling, Kerry didn't stop at telling tales of war crimes.

He also told the Senate, in 1986, that he was illegally in Cambodia.

Kerry said, "I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by the Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and have the president of the United States telling the American people that I was not there; the troops were not in Cambodia. I have that memory which is seared -- seared -- in me."

Utter lies, total and complete exaggerated lies, the Swift Vets claim. So, this fish tale stinks worse each time Kerry drags it out.

With accusations flying, Kerry's version of free speech has shrunk down to only one veteran: himself. All others must be silenced.

This is called "damage control," folks, and it's in high gear because Kerry knows he's in trouble here. Big trouble.

Of course, this whole matter could be cleared up if Kerry would release his Vietnam records and his personal journal. It's a simple matter to release these records, requiring only a standard Form 180.

So, Mr. Kerry, if you haven't been making up stories, and if the Swift Vets are lying, then release your records and prove your case. Trust the American people to discern the truth. Or have the courage to admit you lied, over and over again.

Let me be clear, Mr. Kerry, as a journalist, a columnist and most importantly as an American citizen, I am asking you to release your Vietnam records and your journal (in its entirety) to the American people.

But don't take my word for it; check it out for yourself at www.swiftvets.com.

Essentially, Kerry made Vietnam, and these men, the centerpiece of his campaign. Of course, that was when he thought they'd support his candidacy. No matter that he'd never bothered to ask their permission to use them to promote his political career.
I agree. He used them to promote his political career without asking permission. And when many of them did not support him, his campaign then started attacking them. That's bullshit.

Now, however, the Kerry campaign is on a search-and-destroy mission to attack the credibility of these same men -- calling them liars, all 60 of them, and saying they didn't serve in the military with him. Really? Then why'd Kerry use their pictures in his ad campaign?
That's funny that he would say that they didn't serve with him when some of his fellow VVAW members who lied about atrocities didn't even serve in Vietnam:

As recounted in B.G. Burkett's book "Stolen Valor," Al Hubbard, the VVAW's executive secretary, lied about his service in Vietnam. He had claimed to be a decorated Air Force captain who had been wounded flying supplies into Da Nang in 1966. A CBS reporter uncovered the truth: Hubbard was a staff sergeant, not a captain or a pilot. He had never served in Vietnam. Yet, like other members of VVAW, he served up a damning concoction of stories about his service. Kerry defended Hubbard when the subject of his dishonesty was raised. Michael Harbert, another VVAW leader, had claimed to have flown 47 missions over Vietnam. But a glance at his record showed that he spent most of the war at McClellan Air Force Base in California. His only overseas service was in Taiwan in 1967 and 1968.

Link

Kathianne said:

This too!

http://doctor-horsefeathers.com/archives2/000265.php#000265

THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS (CAMBODIAN VERSION)
The Horsefeathers poetry corner thanks Ruth King for sending us this tribute to John F. Kerry, by another fellow Vietnam vet, Russ Vaughn:

'Twas the night before Christmas and we were afloat
Somewhere in Cambodia in our little boat.
While the river was lightened by rockets red glare
No one but the President knew we were there.

The crew was all nestled deep down in their bunks,
While the Spook and I watched the sampans and junks.
Our mission was secret, so secret in fact,
No one else would remember it when we got back.

When out on the water there arose such a clatter
I leaped down from the bridge to see what was the matter.
The incoming friendly was starting to flash
And I knew that the ARVN’s were having a bash.

The snap of friendly fire on the warm tropic air
Convinced me for sure no one knew we were there,
On a clandestine mission so secret it’s true
That I’m still convinced only Tricky Dick knew.

While I huddled for safety in the tub on the bow,
I thought of a title, “Apocalypse Now.”
To give to the films I was I making each day
To show all the voters when I made my big play.

As I sat there sweating in my lucky flight jacket,
Spook said, “Merry Christmas!” and tossed me a packet.
And what to my wondering eyes did appear,
But a new lucky cap, which I still have right here.

I keep it tucked here, in this leather brief case,
Just sharing with the press its secretive place
As I regale them again with my senate refrain,
That Christmas in Cambodia is seared into my brain.

Don’t bother to quibble with history my friend,
By pointing out Johnson was President then.
Don’t listen to Swiftees who try to explain,
For I tell you that night is seared into my brain.

Down Hibbard, down Lonsdale, and you too O’Neill,
So you don’t remember? Well it’s something I feel.
I don’t need all you Swiftvets to support my campaign,
Cause Christmas in Cambodia is seared into my brain,

Into my brain, into my brain, into my brain...

Russ Vaughn
2d Bn, 327th Parachute Infantry Regiment
101st Airborne Division
Vietnam 65-66

Posted at 08:31 AM by Stephen

Kathianne said:
The arrogance is unbelievable:

INSTAPUNDIT

He says he was involved in black missions into cambodia. Couldn't he be brought up on charges for divulging top secret operational information? Lock up the commie, bastard. :mm:

Rita you state;

Rita said:
but the men and women fighting, then and now, should never be insulted by anyone for any purpose.

Then you say this

Rita said:
I just want to say that you are all pitiful. .... especially veterans of Viet Nam.

Bush is a liar, a thief, an idiot,

asking questions about where Daddy Bush was when JFK was assassinated,
( A veteran )

The mindless suck it up,

, and the low-lifes jump on the bandwagon, without really thinking, and try to stiffle the truth.

Whether Dubya wins or not, he will still be the liar he is now, the one who didn't win the last election ..... .

How can you be so moronic? Never insult a veteran then go and not only insult vetrans but make up things about them !!

Rita, I sincerely hope you return to this forum so the moronic inanity of the contents of your mind can be dissected publicly. I don't which teat of idiotic hate you suckle at, but the flow must be copious, judging from the extent to which you've been indoctrinated.

rtwngAvngr said:
He says he was involved in black missions into cambodia. Couldn't he be brought up on charges for divulging top secret operational information? Lock up the commie, bastard. :mm:

There may be a technicality here. In order to divulge top secret operational information, what a person says has to be true. Kerry has started to back off his claims about Cambodia since this group started making their own claims.

Jimmyeatworld said:
There may be a technicality here. In order to divulge top secret operational information, what a person says has to be true.

I'd love to see Kerry forced to use this argument in a court of law. "It's not a security breach, I was lying. I'm a liar."

LOL. Even though our mainstream media are slavishly pro-Kerry, they are, above all, dedicated to the preservation of their own asses!

Hello everyone.
I just got back from vacation and I'm still trying to catch up with events in the real world.
I'd appreciate it if you could answer a couple of questions:

*Has anyone in the liberal media pointed out that Richard Nixon did not take office until January 20th, 1969; therefore he could not have sent Kerry into Cambodia during Christmas '68?

*About 10 days ago I heard (on Sean Hannity's radio show, I think) that 3,600 people served in Kerry's division in 1968/69. Only one - John Kerry - failed to serve the full twelve month tour of duty (apart from those who were killed or badly wounded of course). Is this true?

If the Bush campaign IS behind the SwiftVets, so what? I wouldn't blame them. Every time they criticize Kerry's record they're accused of attacking his patriotism and reminded that he, unlike Bush, served in Vietnam (while Bush was safe at home).
And the media are letting the Democrats get away with it.
Can you imagine how they would have reacted to Bob Dole in 1996 if he had tried this tactic? "How dare you attack my senate record! Why, I served in WWII."
The media would have laughed at him.
So the Bush camp have no choice. The Kerry camp - aided and abetted by a compliant media - have erected this "I-served-in-Vietnam" shield, and this shield is the centerpiece of their entire campaign. The GOP are trying to smash it before its too late. It's going to be hard for them with the media snapping at their heals; but as I said, they have no choice.
Stripped of his shield, Kerry is naked. He is the worst political candidate I have ever seen. He's just awful.

Kathianne said:

That's great news K! The Swift Boat story has legs and I hope it continues to run all the way to election time. I believe it will only get more and more coverage as the truth comes out. I believe Americans will be totally repulsed by someone "using" the military for political gain and the very large number of ex-military will be gnashing their teeth.

Hadn't heard about the Alston :bsflag: angle. So Alston is supposed to be one of the "ship mates" serving under Kerry and "verifying" the truth of Kerry's heroics supposedly while on the "same ship"? But Alston actually LEFT said ship because he was wounded and sent to a hospital BEFORE Kerry actually ever set foot on aforementioned ship? What has Alston actually been reported as saying about Kerry I wonder? I also wonder if Kerry is paying Alston for his support. I've also heard rumors that the few pro-Kerry vets have been instructed not to talk in public.

Ok, anyone want to answer my question from a couple days ago? Why aren't the Bushies jumping on this bandwagon? You all seem pretty dead set on the iron-clad nature of allegations, so why aren't they? This is a big opportunity to exploit possibly Kerry's biggest weakness, but McCain and Bush spokesmen have declared the ads "dishonest", etc etc. Why??? Why don't they go for the jugular, we can finally show people that Kerry didn't deserve the medals he touts so highly!

nakedemperor said:
Ok, anyone want to answer my question from a couple days ago? Why aren't the Bushies jumping on this bandwagon? You all seem pretty dead set on the iron-clad nature of allegations, so why aren't they? This is a big opportunity to exploit possibly Kerry's biggest weakness, but McCain and Bush spokesmen have declared the ads "dishonest", etc etc. Why??? Why don't they go for the jugular, we can finally show people that Kerry didn't deserve the medals he touts so highly!

Have you read this thread? Have you seen the links to the news stories? I think there are plenty of people "jumping on the bandwagon".

By the way, McCain called the ad "dishonest and dishonorable". Bush has denounced all "smear ads" from both sides, but has never specifically said the swift boat ad was dishonest.

nakedemperor said:

No one, including McCain has said they were 'dishonest'. McCain said it was a smear campaign, which may well be the case-that doesn't mean untrue.

Bush has said to the effect that anyone who served should be respected, end of story.

Bush cannot tell the Swifties to stop-that would be 'coordinating' and is against the 597 part of Campaign Reform, thank John McCain for that.

nakedemperor said:

First, Bush isnt jumping on the bandwagon becuase he is above this crap. Hence he focuses on his own campaign and lets the vets do what they want.

Second, This is hardly biggest weakness. Him opening his mouth is.

Third, Neither Bush nor McCain have said they were dishonest.

Fourth, While we have plenty of witnesses speaking out against Kerry's service. Until Kerry releases his military records we can hardly go for the jugular.

britinusa said:
Hello everyone.
I just got back from vacation and I'm still trying to catch up with events in the real world.
I'd appreciate it if you could answer a couple of questions:

*Has anyone in the liberal media pointed out that Richard Nixon did not take office until January 20th, 1969; therefore he could not have sent Kerry into Cambodia during Christmas '68?

*About 10 days ago I heard (on Sean Hannity's radio show, I think) that 3,600 people served in Kerry's division in 1968/69. Only one - John Kerry - failed to serve the full twelve month tour of duty (apart from those who were killed or badly wounded of course). Is this true?

If the Bush campaign IS behind the SwiftVets, so what? I wouldn't blame them. Every time they criticize Kerry's record they're accused of attacking his patriotism and reminded that he, unlike Bush, served in Vietnam (while Bush was safe at home).
And the media are letting the Democrats get away with it.
Can you imagine how they would have reacted to Bob Dole in 1996 if he had tried this tactic? "How dare you attack my senate record! Why, I served in WWII."
The media would have laughed at him.
So the Bush camp have no choice. The Kerry camp - aided and abetted by a compliant media - have erected this "I-served-in-Vietnam" shield, and this shield is the centerpiece of their entire campaign. The GOP are trying to smash it before its too late. It's going to be hard for them with the media snapping at their heals; but as I said, they have no choice.
Stripped of his shield, Kerry is naked. He is the worst political candidate I have ever seen. He's just awful.

The fact that people predict the race will be close scares the hell outta me.

dose anyone else find it suspicious, how a person can be in service for 4 and half months and recieve five or so medals? just wondering.

Forum List

Back