Sweet Cakes owners had bank account money STOLEN!

"Sweet Cakes owners had bank account money STOLEN!"

Another ridiculous lie from the right.

You lose....now shush

State squeezes last penny from bakers who defied lesbian-wedding cake order

Melissa Klein was checking her bank accounts just a few weeks before Christmas when her face turned ashen. The money was gone – every single penny.

Oregon’s Bureau of Labor and Industries had confiscated all the cash in Mrs. Klein’s checking account and savings account as well as a special account set aside for their church tithe.

Yes, friends – the state of Oregon stole money meant for our Lord.

Mrs. Klein and her husband, Aaron, are devout evangelical Christians who own a mom-and-pop bakery – Sweet Cakes By Melissa.

In July, they were ordered to pay more than $135,000 in damages to a lesbian couple after they refused to bake their wedding cake. The Kleins objected because of their religious beliefs.

The judgment was awarded to the lesbians for “emotional suffering.”

Just a few weeks before Christmas, Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian wiped out the Klein family’s bank accounts – taking nearly $7,000.

Costly beliefs: State squeezes last penny from bakers who defied lesbian-wedding cake order | Fox News

God's will be done.

So more should have been taken. They should start going after assets.

Didn't say that.

Actually they may have paid to much (by a little) and might be due a refund.

>>>>
No you need to check your math. And it's funny you think they're owed a refund, even though they're the ones who owe money.

Didn't say that.

>>>>
No you need to check your math. And it's funny you think they're owed a refund, even though they're the ones who owe money.

Not just my math...

Aaron Klein, co-owner of the shuttered Sweet Cakes by Melissa, walked into the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries' Portland office and handed over a check for $136,927.07, an amount including accrued interest, agency spokesman Charlie Burr said.

<<SNIP>>

Altogether, the state has received roughly $144,000 from the Kleins – an amount that Burr acknowledged might be in excess of what was owed as of Monday, Dec. 28.

"We have been in touch with their lawyers throughout the process," Burr said, providing them with exact amounts due to satisfy the debt. The figure has changed from day to day because of accruing interest.

If the Kleins have overpaid, the agency will look at returning the difference, Burr said.​

>>>>

Didn't say that.

>>>>

Not just my math...

Aaron Klein, co-owner of the shuttered Sweet Cakes by Melissa, walked into the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries' Portland office and handed over a check for $136,927.07, an amount including accrued interest, agency spokesman Charlie Burr said.

<<SNIP>>

Altogether, the state has received roughly $144,000 from the Kleins – an amount that Burr acknowledged might be in excess of what was owed as of Monday, Dec. 28.

"We have been in touch with their lawyers throughout the process," Burr said, providing them with exact amounts due to satisfy the debt. The figure has changed from day to day because of accruing interest.

If the Kleins have overpaid, the agency will look at returning the difference, Burr said.​

>>>>
They handed over the check last Monday according to the article. And the $7,000 was taken weeks ago according to the article. Pretty common practice for delinquent debt.

‘Sweet Cakes’ Owners’ Bank Accounts Seized as Damages for Refusing to Bake Wedding Cake for Lesbian Couple

More of an attack on religious rights of people. State STOLE the money that was MARKED God's money for tithing! My god I would get the fuck out of that tyrannical state ASAP! Fortunately those of us that donated were able to raise the money for the blackmail demands.
The state didn't steal anything. They were awarded that money per court order. If anything, they are dishonest as hell. They received donations from people all over the US and kept it for themselves.

They handed over the check last Monday according to the article. And the $7,000 was taken weeks ago according to the article. Pretty common practice for delinquent debt.

Don't disagree.

The article said the resulting penalty interest was $35. If we have say 180 days since the judgement that would be $6,300. Aaron Klein delivered a check for $136,927.07 resulting in payments of $143,227.07.

So if the Klein's have paid 136927.07 + 7000 = 143927.07, then the difference is a possible $700 in over-payments. Maybe a little more since the 180 day figure is a little high since the Judgement was awarded in July.

So ya, the math says there might be a slight over-payment at this point.

>>>>

Don't disagree.

The article said the resulting penalty interest was $35. If we have say 180 days since the judgement that would be $6,300. Aaron Klein delivered a check for $136,927.07 resulting in payments of $143,227.07.

So if the Klein's have paid 136927.07 + 7000 = 143927.07, then the difference is a possible $700 in over-payments. Maybe a little more since the 180 day figure is a little high since the Judgement was awarded in July.

So ya, the math says there might be a slight over-payment at this point.

>>>>
Meh then sure.

And kids, let that be a lesson...

latest
That's right kids! Learn this lesson. NEVER offend a government protected class. You are only legally allowed to persecute straight white people and in most cases just males or married couples. NEVER are you allowed to deny business on ANY grounds even though its your constitutional right to have and use you religion.
‘Sweet Cakes’ Owners’ Bank Accounts Seized as Damages for Refusing to Bake Wedding Cake for Lesbian Couple

More of an attack on religious rights of people. State STOLE the money that was MARKED God's money for tithing! My god I would get the fuck out of that tyrannical state ASAP! Fortunately those of us that donated were able to raise the money for the blackmail demands.
The state didn't steal anything. They were awarded that money per court order. If anything, they are dishonest as hell. They received donations from people all over the US and kept it for themselves.
Dishonest my ass. Everyone knew they had the money,they don't owe jack shit. They were blackmailed then stolen from. They need to leave the fucking state and tell them to go fuck themselves. Set up a new bakery in a state that actually gives a shit about religious rights.

And kids, let that be a lesson...

latest
That's right kids! Learn this lesson. NEVER offend a government protected class. You are only legally allowed to persecute straight white people and in most cases just males or married couples. NEVER are you allowed to deny business on ANY grounds even though its your constitutional right to have and use you religion.

Dishonest my ass. Everyone knew they had the money,they don't owe jack shit. They were blackmailed then stolen from. They need to leave the fucking state and tell them to go fuck themselves. Set up a new bakery in a state that actually gives a shit about religious rights.
I'm sure most in the state would love it if they left :thup:

No, their bank account wasn't seized. They chose to pay the fine on their own while continuing to fight the battle in court.

Uh yeah their accounts were seized, something about interest accrued. It was on the news but I only caught the tail end of it. Three accounts

Aaron Klein, co-owner of Sweet Cakes, by Melissa, dropped a check off for $136,927.07, according to the Bureau of Labor and Industries. The payment includes interest. Klein also paid $7,000 earlier this month.

Oregon bakery owners pay more than $135G in damages over refusal to make cake for gay wedding | Fox News

Don't get me wrong, Fox News, and especially Sean Hannity, are evil minions of the liberal MSM....but I'm inclined to take their word over yours on this.

"Sweet Cakes owners had bank account money STOLEN!"

Another ridiculous lie from the right.

You lose....now shush

State squeezes last penny from bakers who defied lesbian-wedding cake order

Melissa Klein was checking her bank accounts just a few weeks before Christmas when her face turned ashen. The money was gone – every single penny.

Oregon’s Bureau of Labor and Industries had confiscated all the cash in Mrs. Klein’s checking account and savings account as well as a special account set aside for their church tithe.

Yes, friends – the state of Oregon stole money meant for our Lord.

Mrs. Klein and her husband, Aaron, are devout evangelical Christians who own a mom-and-pop bakery – Sweet Cakes By Melissa.

In July, they were ordered to pay more than $135,000 in damages to a lesbian couple after they refused to bake their wedding cake. The Kleins objected because of their religious beliefs.

The judgment was awarded to the lesbians for “emotional suffering.”

Just a few weeks before Christmas, Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian wiped out the Klein family’s bank accounts – taking nearly $7,000.

Costly beliefs: State squeezes last penny from bakers who defied lesbian-wedding cake order | Fox News

I can't believe Christians must abide by the judgement of our judicial system. What kind of country are we living in? Christians should not be held accountable by our judicial system. They should be permitted to commit any crime they want without recourse. You right wing nutters are comical in the shit you believe. You stand behind the Constitution when it suits you but ignore it the rest of the time, and you think you are the great Americans. Give me a friggin break.

1. Here is a more level headed report -->> Sweet Cakes owners pay damages while continuing appeal of $135,000 bias case

2. There is no such thing as a "God's Money" account that is exempt form collection proceedings on debts owned. If the Klein's truly considered that "God's Money" then they should have tithed it to the church instead of leaving it in their personal checking/savings accounts.

3. The Klein's paid the debt owed vice continuing to incur interest. At that rate they have $515,000 in donations, minus the $144,000 to cover $364,000 in profit from the donations.

>>>>

There is no such thing as god's money.

Even if the state had not legally confiscated that money, it would have gone to HUMANS. Not any god.

They owed a debt. The state legally collected on that debt.

I don't see any problem except for the liars who claim the state stole money and the liars who claim that money was god's money.

Not surprising. American Progressives are Nazi-like in their treatment of groups they despise

Not surprising. American Progressives are Nazi-like in their treatment of groups they despise

Yeah, making you pay the penalty when you commit a crime...that's soooooo Nazi.

Forum List

Back