Sweet Cakes owners had bank account money STOLEN!

No, their bank account wasn't seized. They chose to pay the fine on their own while continuing to fight the battle in court.
How is that battle going BTW? Should we just get all the challenges over at once? Lump the Sweet Cakes folks in with Kim Davis and Catholic orphanages and tell them all they have to bow and pay homage to the Church of LGBT OR ELSE!...?

I think so. Save the taxpayers some cash. Just get Kennedy, Ginsburg, Breyer, Kagan and Sotomayor to bust out the rainbow rubber stamp and just get this all over with right now. We can just get a razor knife and cut the 1st Amendment out of the Constitution..nice and clean...like it was never there...

I don't think the Kleins should pay anything. They should appeal this decision all the way to the Supreme Court. I'm simply correcting the OP's hyperbole and blatant dishonesty

Appeal it on what grounds? They violated a state law that effectively expanded civil rights. That's hardly unconstitutional. lol, let the Tenthers explain that to you.

The excess of the fine is what I find unreasonable.

They paid the fine, and they paid the fees. The account was seized AFTER they did that.

The judge based the fine on past precedent, specifically, a discrimination case that a CHRISTIAN woman won for having been discriminated against because she was a CHRISTIAN.

So?

You actually believe making someone pay $140,000 fine for refusing service to someone is reasonable?

If you believe in living in freedom, which neither you, liberals, or conservatives do, you would believe in the right of a business owner to do business and refuse business with who ever they want for what ever reason.

What the hell did they put that money in the bank for anyway? I wouldn't have.

The judge based the fine on past precedent, specifically, a discrimination case that a CHRISTIAN woman won for having been discriminated against because she was a CHRISTIAN.

So?

You actually believe making someone pay $140,000 fine for refusing service to someone is reasonable?

If you believe in living in freedom, which neither you, liberals, or conservatives do, you would believe in the right of a business owner to do business and refuse business with who ever they want for what ever reason.

Where in my post am I saying what I feel about the size of the fine?

"Sweet Cakes owners had bank account money STOLEN!"

Another ridiculous lie from the right.

You lose....now shush

State squeezes last penny from bakers who defied lesbian-wedding cake order

Melissa Klein was checking her bank accounts just a few weeks before Christmas when her face turned ashen. The money was gone – every single penny.

Oregon’s Bureau of Labor and Industries had confiscated all the cash in Mrs. Klein’s checking account and savings account as well as a special account set aside for their church tithe.

Yes, friends – the state of Oregon stole money meant for our Lord.

Mrs. Klein and her husband, Aaron, are devout evangelical Christians who own a mom-and-pop bakery – Sweet Cakes By Melissa.

In July, they were ordered to pay more than $135,000 in damages to a lesbian couple after they refused to bake their wedding cake. The Kleins objected because of their religious beliefs.

The judgment was awarded to the lesbians for “emotional suffering.”

Just a few weeks before Christmas, Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian wiped out the Klein family’s bank accounts – taking nearly $7,000.

Costly beliefs: State squeezes last penny from bakers who defied lesbian-wedding cake order | Fox News
Gee...you mean the state wasn't kidding? :lol:

So?

Where in my post am I saying what I feel about the size of the fine?

You have consistently, in this thread and others on the same subject, expressed your support for this punishment.

Why is it that 'kristians' always are holding on to 'god's' money until they die, then their children hold on to 'god's' money until they die etc...

This is the exact formula for every televangelist on tv. "Well we are holding this 40 million dollars that belongs to god, and which we store in the form of private jets, and Mercedes benz, and mansions, and gold toilets, and we'll give the money over to god a little later and he hasn't said anything about it to us so its all good."

Riiiiight.

“Earlier this month, the labor bureau recovered nearly $7,000 additional funds from the Kleins with the help of the state Department of Justice and a private collections agency, Burr said. The money came from a garnished bank account, he said.”

Sweet Cakes owners pay damages while continuing appeal of $135,000 bias case

In accordance with the law.

Again, nothing was 'stolen,' and the thread topic is in fact another ridiculous lie from the reprehensible right.

You're splitting hairs, the accounts were seized. Now shut up or go whine about "composition fallaices or red herrings....or some other garbage
Good....but we know you support RW scofflaws...Christian Sharia supporter that you are, Bi-Catfish.

And kids, let that be a lesson...

latest
That's right kids! Learn this lesson. NEVER offend a government protected class. You are only legally allowed to persecute straight white people and in most cases just males or married couples. NEVER are you allowed to deny business on ANY grounds even though its your constitutional right to have and use you religion.
‘Sweet Cakes’ Owners’ Bank Accounts Seized as Damages for Refusing to Bake Wedding Cake for Lesbian Couple

More of an attack on religious rights of people. State STOLE the money that was MARKED God's money for tithing! My god I would get the fuck out of that tyrannical state ASAP! Fortunately those of us that donated were able to raise the money for the blackmail demands.
The state didn't steal anything. They were awarded that money per court order. If anything, they are dishonest as hell. They received donations from people all over the US and kept it for themselves.
Dishonest my ass. Everyone knew they had the money,they don't owe jack shit. They were blackmailed then stolen from. They need to leave the fucking state and tell them to go fuck themselves. Set up a new bakery in a state that actually gives a shit about religious rights.
Sadly...you too are a protected class.

‘Sweet Cakes’ Owners’ Bank Accounts Seized as Damages for Refusing to Bake Wedding Cake for Lesbian Couple

More of an attack on religious rights of people. State STOLE the money that was MARKED God's money for tithing! My god I would get the fuck out of that tyrannical state ASAP! Fortunately those of us that donated were able to raise the money for the blackmail demands.

Not surprising. American Progressives are Nazi-like in their treatment of groups they despise
^ supporter of sharia law as long as it's Christian sharia.

No, their bank account wasn't seized. They chose to pay the fine on their own while continuing to fight the battle in court.
Don't let FACTS get in the way there...

I just gave them to you. Facts are not a taboo to me
Still lying. Story clearly states money was TAKEN,SEIZED. That is STOLEN.

Not surprising. American Progressives are Nazi-like in their treatment of groups they despise

Yeah, making you pay the penalty when you commit a crime...that's soooooo Nazi.
No crime was committed unless you object to free speech

How is that battle going BTW? Should we just get all the challenges over at once? Lump the Sweet Cakes folks in with Kim Davis and Catholic orphanages and tell them all they have to bow and pay homage to the Church of LGBT OR ELSE!...?

I think so. Save the taxpayers some cash. Just get Kennedy, Ginsburg, Breyer, Kagan and Sotomayor to bust out the rainbow rubber stamp and just get this all over with right now. We can just get a razor knife and cut the 1st Amendment out of the Constitution..nice and clean...like it was never there...

I don't think the Kleins should pay anything. They should appeal this decision all the way to the Supreme Court. I'm simply correcting the OP's hyperbole and blatant dishonesty
Again I am 100% correct. Read the story.

When you have the legal right to 'seize' something, it's not stealing.

(lol, am I really typing that to someone who professes to be an adult around here?)
It was theft. They were never given permission to seize ANYONE'S bank account.

Still lying. Story clearly states money was TAKEN,SEIZED. That is STOLEN.

Liar

The owners of an Oregon bakery who denied service to a same-sex couple have paid more than $135,000 in state-ordered damages – months after refusing to do so – according to state officials Monday.

Aaron Klein, co-owner of Sweet Cakes, by Melissa, dropped a check off for $136,927.07, according to the Bureau of Labor and Industries. The payment includes interest. Klein also paid $7,000 earlier this month.

Oregon bakery owners pay more than $135G in damages over refusal to make cake for gay wedding | Fox News
Cute. Using YOUR link and not mine which I said showed what I said it showed. How in the hell they allow you to be a mod is beyond me.

Melissa Klein was checking her bank accounts just a few weeks before Christmas when her face turned ashen. The money was gone – every single penny.

Oregon’s Bureau of Labor and Industries had confiscated all the cash in Mrs. Klein’s checking account and savings account as well as a special account set aside for their church tithe.

RIGHT IN SIMPLE FUCKING ENGLISH!

Oregon Steals Cake-Bakers’ Money Right Before Christmas

“Earlier this month, the labor bureau recovered nearly $7,000 additional funds from the Kleins with the help of the state Department of Justice and a private collections agency, Burr said. The money came from a garnished bank account, he said.”

Again, nothing was 'stolen,' and the thread topic is in fact another ridiculous lie from the reprehensible right.

You're splitting hairs, the accounts were seized. Now shut up or go whine about "composition fallaices or red herrings....or some other garbage
Good....but we know you support RW scofflaws...Christian Sharia supporter that you are, Bi-Catfish.

Grow the fuck up already, you're not clever, you're not funny and you're a troll. That's it...just grow up

Oh, I know. I was just sort of echoing you. Do you think they should lump all the Public Accommodation law v 1ST Amendment cases together? I mean, we all know where this is going to end up: the adoption agencies. More specifically, the catholic adoption agencies. Instead of giving the LGBT their anesthetized needle stick, let's just make this one raw and right to the point. Paint out the end game right at the start so at least they don't get the leverage of sympathy. Let's call ALL their cards on the table RIGHT NOW...

And kids, let that be a lesson...

latest

Thanks for admitting these people are being prosecuted for ThoughtCrime.

Thanks for lying.

No lie here except for the lies you tell yourself. you use the mechanism "punish them for their actions" but we all know you want to punish them for their thoughts.

Grow the fuck up already, you're not clever, you're not funny and you're a troll. That's it...just grow up
Seems like our resident Bi-Catfish and her support for christian sharia law is sensitive to hearing the truth.

Oh, I know. I was just sort of echoing you. Do you think they should lump all the Public Accommodation law v 1ST Amendment cases together? I mean, we all know where this is going to end up: the adoption agencies. More specifically, the catholic adoption agencies. Instead of giving the LGBT their anesthetized needle stick, let's just make this one raw and right to the point. Paint out the end game right at the start so at least they don't get the leverage of sympathy. Let's call ALL their cards on the table RIGHT NOW...
Look who's putting out bait lines......again.

Forum List

Back