SWAT team with semi-automatic rifles entered the private home

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
What would you do if this happened to you?

CROSSROADS said:
On Monday, December 1, a SWAT team with semi-automatic rifles entered the private home of the Stowers family in LaGrange, Ohio, herded the family onto the couches in the living room, and kept guns trained on parents, children, infants and toddlers, from approximately 11 AM to 8 PM. The team was aggressive and belligerent. The children were quite traumatized. At some point, the “bad cop” SWAT team was relieved by another team, a “good cop” team that tried to befriend the family. The Stowers family has run a very large, well-known food cooperative called Manna Storehouse on the western side of the greater Cleveland area for many years.......... Read full article page link.....Swat team invades private home LaGrange, Ohio

Here's a good question...Why hasn't the mainstream media picked this up yet?

Here's a good question...Why hasn't the mainstream media picked this up yet?
I am looking into that right now. I had the sme question. USA Today had a one paragraph note on it and I am finding a few internet articles but not much.

Last edited:
I am looking into that right now. I had the sme question. USA Today had a one paragraph note on it and I am finding a few internet articles but not much.

My guess is they won't if they don't have to.

And be prepared for almost no one to care about this around here.

Here is another article. This one goes into the battle private vets are now facing too.

I have been trying for some time here to alert the left to what is happening to farming.

Department of Agriculture raids have been occurring in Pennsylvania against horse and buggy Mennonite dairy farmers regularly and for some time. It's getting almost no attention though the farming communities there have been terrorized by the government for doing what they have done for centuries. They came here to live in peace and freedom.

Meanwhile, farmers and ranchers have been desperate to stop NAIS [NAIS - National Animal Identification System] which the USDA said would be voluntary but the Bush administration in a last minute gift to our disappearing farmers, just made it mandatory by ordering vets to sign people on who bring animals for vaccinations even if they refuse to do so themselves. Those who refuse are given a special number indicating they didn't "volunteer."
Why did Ohio Department of Agriculture instigate a SWAT team raid on an Amish organic family food cooperative in Ohio?

My guess is they won't if they don't have to.

And be prepared for almost no one to care about this around here.
For all the things people have issues with this one is going to affect them more than they have any idea of.

For all the things people have issues with this one is going to affect them more than they have any idea of.

I guarantee it won't. Especially if the MSM doesn't cover it. You'll see.

What would you do if this happened to you?

Thanks to Homeland Security and The Patriot Act we can expect more of these
unwarranted search and seizures.
I will sleep better tonight knowing these horrible food "terrorists" were taken off the streets!!

Wow! I barely found anything on it. Was it really without warrant? :eusa_eh:

Thanks to Homeland Security and The Patriot Act we can expect more of these
unwarranted search and seizures.
I will sleep better tonight knowing these horrible food "terrorists" were taken off the streets!!

Scary! Home

Welcome to Manna Storehouse online!
Manna Storehouse is an organic and all natural food co-op located in LaGrange, Ohio. Our goal is to provide you with organic and all natural products at affordable prices. We try to support as many local organic farmers and producers as possible, encouraging our community to be self-sustainable. Please look around our website and get to know us, our suppliers, and our products!

Manna Storehouse "S.W.A.T." story unfolds

OpEdNews » Manna Storehouse "S.W.A.T." story unfolds

I am passing this story on as I found it because I want people as much as possible to FEEL what is going on in rural America. They are living what liberals always fear will happen to them - police at the door, ransacking, no explanations, losing everything. But for rural people and farmers, it has been happening for some time and it is growing in frequency and force.

NAIS is fascist nightmare come true. Yet liberals still barely know it exists or that it is under Homeland Security with regulations set to allow rapid deployment of special teams for warrantless raids based on ... "bioterrorism." Corporations will be able in a pinch to manipulate a scare and use it wipe out all livestock the farmers own, without any due process or recourse. They will repeat what they have been doing in Asia.

ODA “swats” Manna Storehouse Co-op « The Bovine

Apparently undaunted by past legal rebukes, the Ohio Department of Agriculture recently raided a food coop in La Grange that was providing grass-fed beef, lamb, pastured poultry and other Weston-Price-style foods. Raw milk was not specifically mentioned, so we don’t know whether that might have been a factor. But the extent and style of the regulator action in this case bears a definite resemblance to what happened at Michael Schmidt’s Glencolton Farms back on Nov. 21, 2006. The Bovine learned about this incident from a comment on the Complete Patient blog by Don Neeper. Here’s part of what Don said:

“Manna Storehouse, a food co-op in La Grange, providing grass fed beef, lamb, pastured poultry and other Weston A. Price foods was raided yesterday [Monday, Dec. 1st] by SWAT, ODA officials, and local authorities.

The family that runs the co-op tells me they were herded into the living room for 8 hours while the home and business was torn apart. They were not given reason, saying they were under investigation. All of their computers and phones, and customer information were taken, as well as $10,000 worth of beef. A ‘warrant’ which didn’t appear to be valid, showed the reason for investigation, was ‘beef’.

If you are a customer, please know they only have cell phones and a few numbers that may be in those phones they can call. They have no records as they were all taken, so they can’t be in contact.

They won’t know anything until they go to court, and at this point are considering going to the media.

Interestingly, I believe they said a month or so ago, an undercover ODA official came to their little store and claimed to have a sick father wanting to join the co-op. Both the owner and her daughter-in-law had a horrible feeling about the man, and decided not to allow him into the co-op and notified him by certified mail. He came back to the co-op demanding to be part of it. They refused and gave him names of other businesses and health food stores closer to his home. Not coincidentally, this man was there yesterday as part of the raid.

If you are a one who prays, they ask for your prayers….”

Last edited:
doesn't sound mandatory? what the heck???

You are here: NAIS Home

To protect the health of U.S. livestock and poultry and the economic well-being of those industries, we must be able to quickly and effectively trace an animal disease to its source.

When a disease outbreak occurs, animal health officials need to know:

Which animals are involved in a disease outbreak
Where the infected animals are currently located
What other animals might have been exposed to the disease
By choosing to participate in NAIS, you will join a national disease response network built to protect your animals, your neighbors, and your economic livelihood against the devastation of a foreign animal disease outbreak.

Take the first step - Register your premises today!

doesn't sound mandatory? what the heck???
It is being made mandatory. Iowa has a protocal for the system also. I have a few neighbors who are very concerned about it. They have taught their own children. {very well educated i might add} It is a family of four who have lived in these family farms for ages. one of the parents is a veternarian. They were telling me about the notices they had recieved one day while we were trying to figure out property boundries.

One of their concerns was if they send some of their herd in to the market and their cows are not marked the marketplace can literally steal their cows. or even though their cows have tags or are branded even if someone else stole the cows that has verisign tags can remark their cows and they can do nothing about it. The other concern is they are Believers and they will in no way take any "mark of the beast" even for their animals.

you cannot even own a few chickens without excepting these "chips".

some more on NAIS, just so we can inform ourselves on this...

Jolley: Five Minutes With Neil Hammerschmidt - Cattle Network

Thanks, Care!

More on ODA’s Manna Storehouse raid « The Bovine

The search warrant is reportedly supicious-looking. Agents began rifling through all of the family’s possessions, a task that lasted hours and resulted in a complete upheaval of every private area in the home. Many items were taken that were not listed on the search warrant. The family was not permitted a phone call, and they were not told what crime they were being charged with. They were not read their rights. Over ten thousand dollars worth of food was taken, including the family’s personal stock of food for the coming year. All of their computers, and all of their cell phones were taken, as well as phone and contact records. The food cooperative was virtually shut down. There was no rational explanation, nor justification, for this extreme violation of Constitutional rights.

Presumably Manna Storehouse might eventually be charged with running a retail establishment without a license. Why then the Gestapo-type interrogation for a 3rd degree misdemeanor charge? This incident has raised the ominous specter of a restrictive new era in State regulation and enforcement over the nation’s private food supply.

This same type of abusive search and seizure was reported by those innocents who fell victim to oppressive federal drug laws passed in the 1990s. The present circumstance raises the obvious question: is there some rabid new interpretation of an existing drug law that considers food a controlled substance worthy of a nasty SWAT operation? Or worse, is there a previously unrecognized provision(s) pertaining to food in the Homeland Security measures? Some have suggested that it was merely an out-of-control, hot-to-trot ODA agent, and, if so, this would be a best-case scenario. Anything else might spell the beginning of the end for the freedom to eat unregulated and unmonitored food….”

“….The issue appears to be the discovery of a bit of non-institutional beef in an Oberlin College food service freezer a year ago that was tracked down by a county sanitation official to Manna Storehouse. Oberlin College’s student food coop is widely known for its strident ideological stance about eating organic foods. It seems that the Oberlin student food cooperative had joined the Manna Storehouse food cooperative in order to buy organic foods in bulk from the national organic food distributor United, which services buying clubs across the nation. The sanitation official, James Boddy, evidently contacted the Ohio Department of Agriculture. After the first contact by state ODA officials, Manna Storehouse reportedly wrote them a letter requesting assistance and guidelines for complying with the law. This letter was never answered. Rather, the ODA agent tried several times to infiltrate the coop, as described above. When his attempts failed, the SWAT team showed up!

Food cooperatives and buying clubs have been an active part of the American landscape for over a generation. In the 1970s, with the rise of the organic food industry (a direct outgrowth of the hippie back-to-nature movement) food coops started up all over the country. These were groups of people who freely associated for the purpose of combining their buying power so that they could order organic food items in bulk and case lots. Anyone who was part of these coops in the early era will remember the messy breakdown of 35 pounds of peanut butter and 5 gallon drums of honey!…

Missouri has, so far, beat back NAIS. :thup: It is a big deal in my neck of the woods.

Couple this with what I heard on FoxNews today about the EPA catagorizing livestock burps and flatulence as 'polution'.

According to FoxNews (can't link right now) the EPA is floating the idea of levying a fee per animal...something like $400 per cow and $250 per hog.

It's pure, unaduterated insanity !

Missouri has, so far, beat back NAIS. :thup: It is a big deal in my neck of the woods.

Couple this with what I heard on FoxNews today about the EPA catagorizing livestock burps and flatulence as 'polution'.

According to FoxNews (can't link right now) the EPA is floating the idea of levying a fee per animal...something like $400 per cow and $250 per hog.

It's pure, unaduterated insanity !
Thanks for the information MO. Agreed that would be insane.

Forum List

Back