SWAT team with semi-automatic rifles entered the private home

Hope this link works

FOXNews.com - Proposed Fee on Smelly Cows and Hogs Angers Farmers - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

MONTGOMERY, Ala.*—* For farmers, this stinks: Belching and gaseous cows and hogs could start costing them money if a federal proposal to charge fees for air-polluting animals becomes law. Farmers so far are turning their noses up at the notion, which is one of several put forward by the Environmental Protection Agency after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 2007 that greenhouse gases emitted by belching and flatulence amounts to air pollution. "This is one of the most ridiculous things the federal government has tried to do," said Alabama Agriculture Commissioner Ron Sparks, an outspoken opponent of the proposal. It would require farms or ranches with more than 25 dairy cows, 50 beef cattle or 200 hogs to pay an annual fee of about $175 for each dairy cow, $87.50 per head of beef cattle and $20 for each hog. The executive vice president of the Wyoming Farm Bureau Federation, Ken Hamilton, estimated the fee would cost owners of a modest-sized cattle ranch $30,000 to $40,000 a year. He said he has talked to a number of livestock owners about the proposals, and "all have said if the fees were carried out, it would bankrupt them."

For more the link is at the top.

My numbers were a little off.

Last edited:
Been through that with the ATF. I got back most of what they took. They never did gain access to what they wanted, as I phoned my lawyer inspite of them telling me to not make any calls. They could have shot me or let me make the call. And of course I got a BS letter of apology. The were trying to bust me for running games of chance in a bar. Jerry Lewis appeared as my witness and a VP from Bud. The case was thrown out.

Yep, they can be real assholes. These people need to hang someones ass out to dry over this.

Been through that with the ATF. I got back most of what they took. They never did gain access to what they wanted, as I phoned my lawyer inspite of them telling me to not make any calls. They could have shot me or let me make the call. And of course I got a BS letter of apology. The were trying to bust me for running games of chance in a bar. Jerry Lewis appeared as my witness and a VP from Bud. The case was thrown out.

Yep, they can be real assholes. These people need to hang someones ass out to dry over this.

I'm not involved in anything so anyone bursting through my door is a criminal by default and gets shot and I don't care WHAT they're yelling.

I am happy that you were able to get help. I wish those of us who are not connected to anyone would be afforded the same as far as protection from bullies.

Funny how the feds can crack down on small operations like this, but for the big agricorps that can afford the hush money, it's no problem. Even if they are raising a gazillion hogs, stinking up the entire county, producing waste runoff that will literally kill anyone who falls in within minutes, fish kills when it gets to the rivers, etc.

Probably die because I'd open fire on their asses.

I tell ya what, if this thing is really true, i think even I, would do the same! (If I only owned a gun)

I'm telling ya, before my next birthday, I plan on owning a handgun and a shotgun, at least!

one of the handful of neighbors I do have here in the middle of nowhere, has a rod and gun /riffle range on his property...he is two neighbors down the winding road....anyway, my closest neighbor said that he knows that neighbor would teach me how to use a gun/ riffle/ shotgun/whatever for free if i wanted, and use his range for free to practice.

I really should do this, just for the fact that coyotes, a pack of them, were seen in the meadow across the way in front of my house by my neighbor a short while back, anddddddd, i love my cat and would shoot any thing trying to kill her! :eek:

Hubby, already knows how to use a gun/riffle since he went thru basic training years ago but I am just clueless.

sorry for the babbling....just figured if i said it out loud to you all....''i am going to get a gun or two'', then i would be forced to stand by my own word, stop procastinating, and do it before my next birthday. :)

care

It would require farms or ranches with more than 25 dairy cows, 50 beef cattle or 200 hogs to pay an annual fee of about $175 for each dairy cow, $87.50 per head of beef cattle and $20 for each hog. The executive vice president of the Wyoming Farm Bureau Federation, Ken Hamilton, estimated the fee would cost owners of a modest-sized cattle ranch $30,000 to $40,000 a year. He said he has talked to a number of livestock owners about the proposals, and "all have said if the fees were carried out, it would bankrupt them."

I wonder which agri-corp lobbyist whispered in which congressman's ear, who in turn whispered in a high-level EPA bureaucrat's ear? The details are always interesting. This sort of fee would place a nice barrier to any ranch that wishes to expand. The biggest firms can more easily afford the fees once they have a truly huge operation with economies of scale, but small ranches trying to break into the mid-leagues would find a huge barrier.

And any existing mid-size operations waiting in the wings to take the place of the giants if they are run poorly? Why they would be conveniently gone.

Funny how the feds can crack down on small operations like this, but for the big agricorps that can afford the hush money, it's no problem. Even if they are raising a gazillion hogs, stinking up the entire county, producing waste runoff that will literally kill anyone who falls in within minutes, fish kills when it gets to the rivers, etc.

I started to put this thread under conspiracies but it is really hapening. So it is not just a concept. Some gig banking money CEO's own those corporate pig farm operations and feed lots too. Not sure how many people here are old enough to recall the 1970's-80's farm crisis, but I can tell anyone out there with confidence that it is connected.

I tell ya what, if this thing is really true, i think even I, would do the same! (If I only owned a gun)

I'm telling ya, before my next birthday, I plan on owning a handgun and a shotgun, at least!

one of the handful of neighbors I do have here in the middle of nowhere, has a rod and gun /riffle range on his property...he is two neighbors down the winding road....anyway, my closest neighbor said that he knows that neighbor would teach me how to use a gun/ riffle/ shotgun/whatever for free if i wanted, and use his range for free to practice.

I really should do this, just for the fact that coyotes, a pack of them, were seen in the meadow across the way in front of my house by my neighbor a short while back, anddddddd, i love my cat and would shoot any thing trying to kill her! :eek:

Hubby, already knows how to use a gun/riffle since he went thru basic training years ago but I am just clueless.

sorry for the babbling....just figured if i said it out loud to you all....''i am going to get a gun or two'', then i would be forced to stand by my own word, stop procastinating, and do it before my next birthday. :)

care

I don`t know when your next birthday is but I hope it`s before January 20, 2009!

care

If won't matter when Obama gets in office. He will create the 'Civilian National Security Force' which will be a federal police force that will be bigger and more intrusive than anything you've ever seen. He will protect you, your family, your neighbor and your cat. You won't need a gun. Trust the Government.

I am happy that you were able to get help. I wish those of us who are not connected to anyone would be afforded the same as far as protection from bullies.

For many years, we (our company) was the largest fundraiser's for Muscular Dystrophy in our state. This is a long story, but, to make it short, they busted us for raising money for Jerry's kids, in a promotion where no one kept any money, it all went to MD and everything was donated. Yes, it was a game of chance and yes I did hold liquor licenses. Two cocky idiots trying to make a name for themselves. The problem came when they demanded access to my office. They never did gain access and had they, I would have taken Gunny's route. However, this all took place in one of the businesses with employee's and customers present, so, I was able to stand my ground more. A home is much different.

Over the years we have dealt with some really great people who have a badge and a weapon, but, in the same turn, there have been a few moments which have not been so good. A ego, a badge, a gun and stupidity is a bad mix.

Over the years we have dealt with some really great people who have a badge and a weapon, but, in the same turn, there have been a few moments which have not been so good. A ego, a badge, a gun and stupidity is a bad mix.

Agreed, it just takes a few of the bad ones though to take out a small business owner and devastate a family. Our local sheriff gave out cards that had, "have gun will travel" as he stole my husband's and others equipment for the bank.

He told me I was under arrest at least a dozen times for reporting my stolen dozer. I had no clue initially he helped steal it.

I called the state police and got the run around. I called the attorney generals office and got the same run around.

Since the guy was already in the mode to do any damage he could they went through everything in my home, including my kitchen cupboards when they got the chance.

They kept me in court for several years. The whole time I truly was not comfortable returning to our trashed home. Who would be when law enforcement people are the law breakers and the justice people in the state will do nothing to stop it.

Two years after the initial set of threats a sheriff's deputy came out to private property once again I was being threatened. This guy put his hand on his gun to let me know how big and tough he was as I asked him for anything showing me he had a right to be on private property. He told me if he had to provide something in written form showing me he had a right to even be on private property that he was putting me under arrest. I am not ashame to say I was pretty shookup. I called the attorney general's office. The gal told me she just did not have time for me and said, "You just don't understand. I have had a very bad day." I wanted to tell her lady you have no idea what a bad day is.

In a meeting shortly after that last threat one of the lawyers that was supposed to be representing me said to the other one, "They will just call her a terrorist."

Three years after my dozer was stolen by the sheriff the local prosecutor called me and asked for another copy of the original complaint I had written to her about the first stolen dozer that included the sheriff's threats. She also looked at all of my information on that little dozer, cancelled checks etc... as she looked at one of the cancelled checks for several thousand dollars she exclaimed, "My god he really stole that dozer!" It was like "no shit!" he also stole a bunch of other heavy equipment after that. Not to mention all the stuff missing from our home.

My heart goes out to this family. I cannot concieve how tramatic this will be for their children. My grandchildren were not there when all this stuff went down with us but they have broken down in tears several times since. That part has been heart breaking for me to see them so hurt that life has changed so much since this whole thing started.

More and more kids should be made aware of incidents like these, and shown that government is NOT here to help them. It is GOVERNMENT ON THE TAKE

Agreed, it just takes a few of the bad ones though to take out a small business owner and devastate a family. Our local sheriff gave out cards that had, "have gun will travel" as he stole my husband's and others equipment for the bank.

He told me I was under arrest at least a dozen times for reporting my stolen dozer. I had no clue initially he helped steal it.

I called the state police and got the run around. I called the attorney generals office and got the same run around.

Since the guy was already in the mode to do any damage he could they went through everything in my home, including my kitchen cupboards when they got the chance.

They kept me in court for several years. The whole time I truly was not comfortable returning to our trashed home. Who would be when law enforcement people are the law breakers and the justice people in the state will do nothing to stop it.

Two years after the initial set of threats a sheriff's deputy came out to private property once again I was being threatened. This guy put his hand on his gun to let me know how big and tough he was as I asked him for anything showing me he had a right to be on private property. He told me if he had to provide something in written form showing me he had a right to even be on private property that he was putting me under arrest. I am not ashame to say I was pretty shookup. I called the attorney general's office. The gal told me she just did not have time for me and said, "You just don't understand. I have had a very bad day." I wanted to tell her lady you have no idea what a bad day is.

In a meeting shortly after that last threat one of the lawyers that was supposed to be representing me said to the other one, "They will just call her a terrorist."

Three years after my dozer was stolen by the sheriff the local prosecutor called me and asked for another copy of the original complaint I had written to her about the first stolen dozer that included the sheriff's threats. She also looked at all of my information on that little dozer, cancelled checks etc... as she looked at one of the cancelled checks for several thousand dollars she exclaimed, "My god he really stole that dozer!" It was like "no shit!" he also stole a bunch of other heavy equipment after that. Not to mention all the stuff missing from our home.

My heart goes out to this family. I cannot concieve how tramatic this will be for their children. My grandchildren were not there when all this stuff went down with us but they have broken down in tears several times since. That part has been heart breaking for me to see them so hurt that life has changed so much since this whole thing started.

What a terrible story. I understand and do sympathize with you. You know, I have to say this, your story is strikingly familiar. I'll leave it at that.

A law enforcement officer should not be permitted to handout cards like that. It is unprofessional and frankly childishly egotistical, in a scary way. People like that are normally not tempered properly for that type of profession and are trigger and force happy.

You know we are back to where we began, one little family business and it's really nice to be able to relax some. We deal with three law enforcement agencies. The City, the County Sheriff's office and the Township Police. Our business opened in 1948, now clearly I am not that old.

However, I now have nearly 30 years of dealing directly with them. We also do a great deal of fundraising for the police lodge and the fallen officer funds. These are not handouts, as we do make a profit, just not a large one. Most goes to the charity. Nevertheless, we have made many friends and I have gotten to deal with several age groups of officers. Things have certainly changed. The new recruits are not coming out with the same temperament and social understanding as they did in years past. They are lazy, cocky and use very little common sense and reasoning. This is mostly noticeable with the cities force. The sheriff's are not nearly as bad and the Township officers simply do a wonderful job.

The mentality and outlook of these young city cops is really scary. The lack of judgement they use and lack of respect for the public is not good at all. We have been stuck with the same mayor, police chief and basically the same city council for many years now and these young cops are sadly reflective of them.

Our first business was at the same location from 48 until 5 years ago. We moved simply because of the mentality of all listed above. We are now just outside of the city limit. Thankfully we only had to go one mile down the road, but, things are so much better. We get better response times and much better service.

Common sense and basic common respect I guess are qualities which are hard to teach!

I wonder which agri-corp lobbyist whispered in which congressman's ear, who in turn whispered in a high-level EPA bureaucrat's ear? The details are always interesting. This sort of fee would place a nice barrier to any ranch that wishes to expand. The biggest firms can more easily afford the fees once they have a truly huge operation with economies of scale, but small ranches trying to break into the mid-leagues would find a huge barrier.

And any existing mid-size operations waiting in the wings to take the place of the giants if they are run poorly? Why they would be conveniently gone.

If this isn't a screaming example of how regulations BENEFIT big corporations, I don't know what is.

As I suspected though, most posters stayed out of this discussion. Most of the ones who posted in this thread, I expected. I think maybe two who posted here were unexpected.

This kind of story is too scary for most people to deal with the reality of. It's better to just ignore it and pretend we're still living in a free country.

Forum List

Back