Survivor Sept 24th 2014

I like Jeff, lol. And yes..it is still on. This is the 29th show. Problem is...it isn't like the first few shows where they really suffered for food. It's more...I dunno. Not as rough. Not old school like the first one.

I like Jeff, lol. And yes..it is still on. This is the 29th show. Problem is...it isn't like the first few shows where they really suffered for food. It's more...I dunno. Not as rough. Not old school like the first one.
thats because it has become kinda scripted....i stopped watching around season 5.....it just became another reality show....

Survivor is not "scripted." It's edited, sure. They take a bunch of video and then they edit it for each week's show, and in that manner, perhaps they can sort of control things by what they put in and what they edit out. But it's nonsense to say that it's scripted.

I agree with Gracie, it's not as rough as the early shows, but I guess when people were getting sores all over their bodies and their hair falling out from malnutrition they decided to tone it down a little. At least now they provide them with a minimal food supply.

And those challenges...they are still tough.

Survivor is not "scripted." It's edited, sure. They take a bunch of video and then they edit it for each week's show, and in that manner, perhaps they can sort of control things by what they put in and what they edit out. But it's nonsense to say that it's scripted.

I agree with Gracie, it's not as rough as the early shows, but I guess when people were getting sores all over their bodies and their hair falling out from malnutrition they decided to tone it down a little. At least now they provide them with a minimal food supply.

And those challenges...they are still tough.
so in other words its not a REAL survivor show.....kinda scriped for tv....

Naked and afraid is a real survivor show. They suffer. A lot. I think they are idiots, myself.

Scripted = written or arranged in advance. IT IS NOT SCRIPTED. Yes, they have challenges that are set up, but the results of the challenges are not scripted. What the participants do and say is not scripted. How it turns out and who wins is not scripted. Illnesses or injuries that occur are not scripted. I'm not sure you understand the definition of "scripted," Harry.

I'm glad they didn't vote out the older guy just because he was older. He did get the fire started, after all. I was relieved that they voted out the big-mouth sri-lanka girl instead, the one from the Amazing Race.

Glad that Nadiya is gone. Dude is gay..NOT a fucking girl, moron. She sealed her own fate by calling him one of the girls. Dayum, what a dumbfuck.

Too early to tell who I will root for. But I am pretty sure I do not like John Rocker. And from the previews, looks like his girlfriend might not like him much anymore either.

I wanted to post in this thread before yet another long and grueling workweek began and it's already after eleven here.

"Scripted" to me means production feeds you the lines, and I don't think this show does it often if never. I know they used to pull the contestants aside a few times a day, and ask them questions about how things were going, and they used that footage to shape a narrative because this show is edited after the final TC.

That twin's terrible reputation preceeded her and I don't the tribe liked her targeting the elder male of the tribe. He was right, though, she really is trouble, and so is the other one.

I thought the premiere was pretty good but I wondered about the dynamic between Rocker the Rockhead and that younger guy - why was that shown and empahsized so much? I bet one turns on the other down the road.

About the gay guy, that is really stupid to consider him a "girl" when there are men that only take the male role in a relationship. The women on that tribe looked naive assuming he was like Colton rather than Caleb (R. I. P.).

She screwed herself at the very end because he was considering going with the ladies until she called him a girl. She AND her sister are idiots.

Forum List

Back