The Drop: Gandolfini's Last Harrah

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
I have come to be disappointed with most movies that rely on sophomoric plots, digital special effects, gratuitous violence and sex. You will find none of this nonsense in this excellent, entertaining drama.

And for these reasons, and the fact it requires thought to follow the veiled plot, I doubt it will be much of a box-office draw.

Movie Review The Drop Starring James Gandolfini - ABC News

Dark and moody, clever and artful with a twist on cliché, "The Drop" is a surprising and tantalizing fall crime drama sprinkled with indelible moments provided by the consistently extraordinary Tom Hardy.

This movie, sadly, is also the last original movie to feature the late James Gandolfini. His larger-than-life presence and acting chops are also on full display here as he embodies a character not too dissimilar from Tony Soprano, had Tony been a conniving, low-level mobster who didn’t have the brains or wherewithal to properly lead his small-time crew.

While the plot twist doesn't live up to what I would call, "Sixth Sense" standards, once you see the movie, it is impossible to watch it again.

Forum List

Back