Sure Fire Cure for Illegal Immigration

José;8977673 said:
But nevermind...

This thread was created because the temptation to resort to the poor me routine and put the blame on the "foreigner" (in this case the country of Mexico), to use the other as a escapegoat for the incompetence of the US government is just too great, too appealing to resist.

It's despicable but absolutely human.

I am almost sixty, I have seen the change in this country in the last twenty + years. In my opinion, not good changes. I don't blame people for things they don't do. Illegal aliens, they put on this "poor me " routine all the time. I am not buying it. In 1914, fear of foreigners was ridiculous. But in 2014, post 9/11, and the huge growth in the (Hispanic ) immigrant population, it's not too unreasonable.

You think no one said the same sort of thing in 1914? You are a sad, frightened person determined to be old and feeble before your time because it serves as an excuse.

As usual, insults from Unkotare are the forum's biggest COMPLIMENTS. Good post, MaryL.

In the long run it would probably be cheaper for the US to pay the illegals to go home. That and impose heavy tariffs on US owned corporations that outsource manufacturing jobs to low wage countries in the third world.
That would be quite costly, given the numbers. Unless we pass a law that would authorize jailing employers who hire illegals, this problem will not go away. Giving them amnesty will not stop others from coming. Once we start prosecuting, and convicting those who knowingly hire illegals with jail time, other employers will get the message. No one wants to go to jail. Illegals cannot stay without a source of income. They would be forced back to their country of origin.

There already IS a law against "those who knowingly hire illegals". It is called IRCA (Immigration Reform & Control Act - 1986). There are 2 big problems with it. One is that the traitor who signed it into law, Ronald Reagan, as part of the bill, also gave amnesty to 3 million illegal aliens , who quickly multiplied into millions more. The second problem is that the more current, traitorous presidents Bush and Obama, are not enforcing IRCA as they should be. Illegal employers have been known to get wrist slaps for violating IRCA, instead of jail time as they should get.

Also, note that not all illegals are interested in jobs. Many young women come here in their 8th month of pregnancy, have the anchor baby on the American side of the border, and then help themselves to a lifetime of benefits, at US taxpayers' expense.
This huge poverty bill of Mexico's, paid for by America, is part of the reason why Mexican emigration to the US, is Mexico's # 1 source of income (tied with oil exports), combining with remittances$$ (which is Mexico's # 2 source of income all by itself).

Last edited:
There's the map, all 761,606 square miles of it. 158,227 square miles is not quite a quarter but more than a fifth. Our immigrants would fill Baja, where there are a lot of tourist industries and beautiful sights, and the Sierra Madres have a wealth of beauty, too. We could create a water plant on the Pacific side to process sea water and pipe into the dry regions in the Rio Grande Basis, which would give our immigrants a great advantage in planting wonderful farms in marginal areas of land that presently serve as nothing but dumping off bodies by the drug lords, who'd have to go south, I guess, since they've caused enough problems on both sides of the present border.

Anyone have any other ideas

yeah...me.
First of all...their not "our" or "yours" or even "mine". Their illegal.
Second; they are not "immigranmts"....
...they are illegal aliens.

In the long run it would probably be cheaper for the US to pay the illegals to go home. That and impose heavy tariffs on US owned corporations that outsource manufacturing jobs to low wage countries in the third world.
That would be quite costly, given the numbers. Unless we pass a law that would authorize jailing employers who hire illegals, this problem will not go away. Giving them amnesty will not stop others from coming. Once we start prosecuting, and convicting those who knowingly hire illegals with jail time, other employers will get the message. No one wants to go to jail. Illegals cannot stay without a source of income. They would be forced back to their country of origin.

There already IS a law against "those who knowingly hire illegals". It is called IRCA (Immigration Reform & Control Act - 1986). There are 2 big problems with it. One is that the traitor who signed it into law, Ronald Reagan, as part of the bill, also gave amnesty to 3 million illegal aliens , who quickly multiplied into millions more. The second problem is that the more current, traitorous presidents Bush and Obama, are not enforcing IRCA as they should be. Illegal employers have been known to get wrist slaps for violating IRCA, instead of jail time as they should get.

Also, note that not all illegals are interested in jobs. Many young women come here in their 8th month of pregnancy, have the anchor baby on the American side of the border, and then help themselves to a lifetime of benefits, at US taxpayers' expense.
This huge poverty bill of Mexico's, paid for by America, is part of the reason why Mexican emigration to the US, is Mexico's # 1 source of income (tied with oil exports), combining with remittances$$ (which is Mexico's # 2 source of income all by itself).

Your wrong....
...it was 5 million not 3. They are traitors.

MEXICANS AND CENTRAL AMERICANS
I dont care if your "JUST LOOKING FOR A BETTER LIFE" GTFOO my country.
You should be cut out with a knife like the cancer you are.

Forum List

Back