Supreme Court will hear ACA subsidy issue next year.

Okay, the way Obamacare law is written, federal run exchanges cannot offer subsidies. It has to be done at the state exchanges. Of course, Obama thinks he can rewrite the law or ignore parts as he sees fit, but the court will decide whether he can or not. The law does not allow subsidies for federal exchanges and the law has not been addressed at all by congress since it passed. If the court makes Obama follow the law as written, 34 states where people went to the federal exchanges are in for a rude awakening.

So, should the court just allow Obama to write law as he goes or should they uphold it as written?

We have heard dozens of times over the last few years about how Obamacare is the law of the land and must be obeyed. Well, that should go for Obama as well. He does not possess the power he thinks he does. Unless the law is scrapped and rewritten, no subsidies allowed at federal exchanges. Changing it is all on congress at this point and no one else. We can't have Obama changing things at will and we can't tolerate judges legislating from the bench.

Red states push to keep Obamacare subsidies

So the states that decided to rely on the federal exchange and take the easy way out are now pleading for the subsidies to stay. If the SC does take away the subsidies then you RWers will be happy to see some people thrown out of the system, I assume. If the GOP honestly wanted to help fix the problems in the law, they would address this one, rather than stand in the aisle of Congress and should appeal!

I think Obama should just be king, and same with any Democrat elected.... If a Republican is elected we should follow the constitution without interpretation, limits on powers n all. I think the power of allowing only Democrat Presidents the power to just change laws that have passed "just cuz" would be great for the country and world. We could even in the future save all this time on elections because we only need 1, the Presidential election.

Thanks for such deep insight on the subject JimH52... I have evolved and now share the same idiotic opinion as you.

It's so difficult for the Smartest President EVAH Demigod Obama to not be King.

All those racist, bible thumpin', gun totin', inbred hicks who oppose him should be shot!

I think Obama should just be king, and same with any Democrat elected.... If a Republican is elected we should follow the constitution without interpretation, limits on powers n all. I think the power of allowing only Democrat Presidents the power to just change laws that have passed "just cuz" would be great for the country and world. We could even in the future save all this time on elections because we only need 1, the Presidential election.

Thanks for such deep insight on the subject JimH52... I have evolved and now share the same idiotic opinion as you.

Seek medical attention please...

Okay, the way Obamacare law is written, federal run exchanges cannot offer subsidies. It has to be done at the state exchanges. Of course, Obama thinks he can rewrite the law or ignore parts as he sees fit, but the court will decide whether he can or not. The law does not allow subsidies for federal exchanges and the law has not been addressed at all by congress since it passed. If the court makes Obama follow the law as written, 34 states where people went to the federal exchanges are in for a rude awakening.

So, should the court just allow Obama to write law as he goes or should they uphold it as written?

We have heard dozens of times over the last few years about how Obamacare is the law of the land and must be obeyed. Well, that should go for Obama as well. He does not possess the power he thinks he does. Unless the law is scrapped and rewritten, no subsidies allowed at federal exchanges. Changing it is all on congress at this point and no one else. We can't have Obama changing things at will and we can't tolerate judges legislating from the bench.

The court will uphold the subsidies as Congressional intent -- the federal exchange was for states who did not want to take on the cost and hassle of developing an Exchange platform. You watch. One Appeals Court has already ruled that way.. Another sub-panel in another region ruled differently, but that decision was vacated/removed to be retried.

You think? It's not apparent in your posts.

Thing is, the law is specific. We should not be setting such a dangerous precedent, namely giving a president the authority to randomly change laws at will when it doesn't work for him. We have a process and need to stick to that. I have not heard the Democrats talk about going back to the drawing board and they sat idly by while Obama decided which parts of the law to follow or not. We can't do it that way. Fix it or forget it.

Next, the government will construct a solution to the problem of poor dental hygiene:

rube-goldberg.jpg

Supreme Court to review another Obamacare legal challenge - CNN.com

I feel the subsidy will survive. Why would someone lose it just because they signed up in a different exchange?

Why should someone get it? It's not one person's responsibility to fund another person's healthcare.

Sure it is. We live in a society. Access to health care pretty much depends on insurance. We should pool our risks so everyone gets equal access to care.

Finally, if you can't afford your share, work harder.

Supreme Court to review another Obamacare legal challenge - CNN.com

I feel the subsidy will survive. Why would someone lose it just because they signed up in a different exchange?

Why should someone get it? It's not one person's responsibility to fund another person's healthcare.

Sure it is. We live in a society. Access to health care pretty much depends on insurance. We should pool our risks so everyone gets equal access to care.

Finally, if you can't afford your share, work harder.

You bleeding hearts are more than welcome to pool our resources for anything like that you want.

If people want equal access to care, let them pay equally to those of us that have it and quit demanding we subsidize theirs so they can get it for less.

Finally, if you can't afford what I can, work harder or do without.

Red states push to keep Obamacare subsidies

So the states that decided to rely on the federal exchange and take the easy way out are now pleading for the subsidies to stay. If the SC does take away the subsidies then you RWers will be happy to see some people thrown out of the system, I assume. If the GOP honestly wanted to help fix the problems in the law, they would address this one, rather than stand in the aisle of Congress and should appeal!

Why even bother with SCOTUS ruling? Obama should just dictate what the law meant

At this point, I'd love to see the Republicans step forward and say fuck it, and just vote in to put every American on Medicare.

That would be the smart thing, so no chance.

A lot of Doctors don't accept Medicare and others limit the number they accept. Medicare has many advantages if you can find a Doctor that will take i., There is a small deductible and only 80% of hospital care is paid for. The Medicare program would last just about 2 days before it would be in bankruptcy if everyone was on it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back